Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The danger of White Evangelical Christians in the US

1. Top | #101
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian63 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WAB View Post
    Isn't this kind of admonishment better handled by a moderator???? Sheeeesh!
    Not sure why. There is no forum rule against being a conversational narcissist. It is just a personality trait that some people have. Other people have other personality traits they may find disturbing, but that does not mean it is illegal or against any forum rule even.

ETA: Brian, you talk about yourself A LOT. So do I. LOTS of members here do. This is mod territory. I think you are being an ass. Just my two cents.
    Okay. But I believe calling another poster an "ass" would come closer to a rule violation than it is pointing out how they talk about themselves excessively.
    I did say sorry. I prefaced a sentence with it in post #98 You are NOT an ass.

I would not mind if a moderator stepped in to warn both of us; but I think a warning to you is definitely warranted.
    "Mine is the right to be wrong." - Ian Anderson

2. Top | #102
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WAB View Post
    I did say sorry. I prefaced a sentence with it in post #98 You are NOT an ass.

I would not mind if a moderator stepped in to warn both of us; but I think a warning to you is definitely warranted.
    We can also simply show restraint and not call each other that name. No biggie.

3. Top | #103
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldtraveller View Post
    Not A crucifix, but one in every room I was wheeled by, and instead of typical scenery type artowrk along the halls, they were various saints and religious iconography.

Note aboe I say I was wheeled. You actually don't have much of a choice in which hospital they take you to in an ambulance (and generally, it's the closest one, for obvious reasons).

I do think it might be a tad extreme to literally be in fear for your personal safety simply by seeing a cross. But I do not doubt WT's veracity! Perhaps they were justifyably frightened, due to being in a strange location, or medication/disorientation, or the simple notion that one might have somehow wound up dressed in a hospital gown on a miserable bed in a freezing cold room owned and operated by some religious extremists. If WT was there by choice, or by necessity, and had knowledge of where they were being taken, I cannot imagine, myself personally, such a sense of fear to be totally warranted. But I am NOT WT.

All is good.
    Most hospitals have a fair bit of religous paraphanelia. This one was so over the top as to creep me out (you know those crucifixes that really emphasize the gore? most of them were like that, combined with the pictures it was disconcerting).
    Also: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/10/h...rocedures.html

Just fucking read it, and then fuck off with your argument from personal incredulity.

And I do want to note that I've been in many other (even overtly catholic) hospitals and NOT had this impression, but I wouldn't voluntarily go back to that one (luckily, I'm living in that state anymore).
    Okay. Officially fucking off, WT. Once again, I made a mistake. I am sorry!

[Fucking off forthwith and even fifthwith and forsooth and verily...]

************************************************** *************************************************

TO ALL:

My apologies are a good example of a person apologizing when it has been shown to them that they have been in the wrong and behaved inappropriately. It would be well if everyone did the same. Once you begin to do it, it gets easier and easier.
    "Mine is the right to be wrong." - Ian Anderson