Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Leaving woke culture and God

1. Top | #171
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skepticalbip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post

This is not it at all. Firstly - the differences are cultural, not genetic. As I've stated:

individuals from different populations can be genetically more similar than individuals from the same population.
    from this:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1893020/

Hitler didn't recognize rights of all groups of people. He didn't invent identity either BTW. There were Jews, LGTBQ, Russians, etc.. before he existed.

He recognized identity groups to be sure, it's what he did about it is the issue. North America is a multicultural experiment. Conservatives don't want it to be.
    No... North America was an experiment of a melting pot where newly arriving peoples of differing cultures were incorporated into and influenced the whole making an 'American culture'. What you are talking is cultural separation like in the Balkans which caused continued strife between differing cultural groups.
    I think many on the right see the idea of a monoculture (as long as it's the one they know) as the ideal.

I would still like you to explain why no one from the woke culture has criticized Farrakhan who praises Hitler while the woke culture holds Hitler up as the ultimate evil.
    I don't see anyone praising Farrakhan. Are you looking for a written statement from the head of the Left?

2. Top | #172
    Searching for reality along the long and winding road
    Archived
    Total Posts
    No... North America was an experiment of a melting pot where newly arriving peoples of differing cultures were incorporated into and influenced the whole making an 'American culture'. What you are talking is cultural separation like in the Balkans which caused continued strife between differing cultural groups.
    I think many on the right see the idea of a monoculture (as long as it's the one they know) as the ideal.

I would still like you to explain why no one from the woke culture has criticized Farrakhan who praises Hitler while the woke culture holds Hitler up as the ultimate evil.
    I don't see anyone praising Farrakhan. Are you looking for a written statement from the head of the Left?
    I didn't expect praise. What I would expect is for someone, anyone, woke to criticize him like they would and do anyone not in what they identify as the 'good' group who would praise Hitler. You didn't answer why no one has.

Maybe you could be the first to condemn him like you do your strawman version of those you decided are your enemy. Be a trailblazer... but then it may get you canceled, so maybe you shouldn't.

3. Top | #173
    Archived
    Total Posts

I didn't expect praise. What I would expect is for someone, anyone, woke to criticize him like they would and do anyone not in what they identify as the 'good' group who would praise Hitler. You didn't answer why no one has.

Maybe you could be the first to condemn him like you do your strawman version of those you decided are your enemy. Be a trailblazer... but then it may get you canceled, so maybe you shouldn't.
    Haha! Who's going to cancel me? The mob? Oh No!

but seriously....I don't know alot about Farrakhan but I know he was a polarizing figure. I am a Jew and I know he spoke against Israel. I have myself. Bibi is a dik.

4. Top | #174
    Searching for reality along the long and winding road
    Archived
    Total Posts

but seriously....I don't know alot about Farrakhan but I know he was a polarizing figure. I am a Jew and I know he spoke against Israel. I have myself. Bibi is a dik.
    Farrakhan praised Hitler because of the attempt to eradicate the Jews. Surely you don't have enough self-loathing to not condemn Farrakhan for preaching such shit. But then the right condemns him for it and maybe you just can't bring yourself to agree with anything the right says.

5. Top | #175
    Archived
    Total Posts

Farrakhan praised Hitler because of the attempt to eradicate the Jews. Surely you don't have enough self-loathing to not condemn Farrakhan for preaching such shit. But then the right condemns him for it and maybe you just can't bring yourself to agree with anything the right says.
    If I'm going to base my opinion on Farrakhan on the information you just gave me in your post, then yes he's a bad man. Is your information accurate?

I believe I have read he called Hitler a great man, not sure why, but I can't get behind that statement on any level. As a jew, I am culturally biased against Hitler. There may be things that he did in his life that were positive, maybe he donated to an orphanage, IDK, but I don't think there is any benefit in elevating Hitler for any reason.

This is a weird derail.

6. Top | #176
    Archived
    Total Posts

If I'm going to base my opinion on Farrakhan on the information you just gave me in your post, then yes he's a bad man. Is your information accurate?

I believe I have read he called Hitler a great man, not sure why, but I can't get behind that statement on any level. As a jew, I am culturally biased against Hitler. There may be things that he did in his life that were positive, maybe he donated to an orphanage, IDK, but I don't think there is any benefit in elevating Hitler for any reason.

This is a weird derail.
    It gets worse. Nation of Islam has merged with the Church of Scientology. Iron Sky has become reality. Space Nazis!

7. Top | #177
    Archived
    Total Posts

Well, the real problem is that the "right", by and large, does not denounce him, despite the fact that he's obviously deeply conservative himself (staunchly capitalist, believes men should head households, deeply anti-LGBT [to the point of claiming that the Jews are behind the existence of black gay men), strongly distrustful of government interference [mostly because he sees it as controlled by white people...which, I mean...], strongly religious [granted, a goofball black nationalist religion, but still]), but rather use him as a bludgeon against black Americans.

Meanwhile, the generation of people who used to use the word "woke" to mean aware of anti-black racism are generally unconcerned with him, and many believe that he died years ago.

It's not much, but he is a useful example to show the complete misunderstanding that white conservatives and centrists have over the very meaning of the term woke", who used it before it became a sneer term for republicans to scare and rally voters, and so forth.

8. Top | #178
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post

Well, the real problem is that the "right", by and large, does not denounce him, despite the fact that he's obviously deeply conservative himself (staunchly capitalist, believes men should head households, deeply anti-LGBT [to the point of claiming that the Jews are behind the existence of black gay men), strongly distrustful of government interference [mostly because he sees it as controlled by white people...which, I mean...], strongly religious [granted, a goofball black nationalist religion, but still]), but rather use him as a bludgeon against black Americans.

Meanwhile, the generation of people who used to use the word "woke" to mean aware of anti-black racism are generally unconcerned with him, and many believe that he died years ago.

It's not much, but he is a useful example to show the complete misunderstanding that white conservatives and centrists have over the very meaning of the term woke", who used it before it became a sneer term for republicans to scare and rally voters, and so forth.
    I think Conservatives usually like belligerent minorities. Because it allows them to point to them and say "look, right here, this is what I'm talking about. I'm not paranoid". Conservatives, by and large, always see ethnic conflicts, no matter if they are there or not. Anything that validates it is embraced, even if they, on paper, are sworn enemies.

9. Top | #179
    Archived
    Total Posts

Google Farrakhan, anti-Semitism for particulars.

https://www.adl.org/education/resour...-his-own-words

Farrakhan is an idiot who peddles hate. Rank anti-semitism
    Cheerful Charlie

10. Top | #180
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerful Charlie View Post

Google Farrakhan, anti-Semitism for particulars.

https://www.adl.org/education/resour...-his-own-words

Farrakhan is an idiot who peddles hate. Rank anti-semitism
    He's just a run-of-the-mill fascist. The only reason anybody takes him seriously in polite society is because he's black. It's racism of low expectations.

The fact that he's not vocally condemned by the left on par with Trump or Hitler is because the woke left is racist as fuck. They can't deal with black people who refuse being victims and who don't want their sympathy and help.