1. Top | #21
    Deus Meumque Jus
    Archived
    Total Posts
    deleted

2. Top | #22
    Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg View Post
    Here's an interesting video about a woman on how she became a very active activist for social justice warrior causes and then lost faith in the cause, and is now an activist against it.

What's interesting is a detail, you'll only notice if you pay attention. She started off as a Christian. Became an atheist (implied) found Woke and became woke the same way as she was Christian, then left woke and became a Christian again.
    She sounds like quite the reactionary moron hunting for a dogma a label to define herself so that she doesn't have to ever actually think or become self aware.

3. Top | #23
    Quote Originally Posted by ronburgundy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg View Post
    Here's an interesting video about a woman on how she became a very active activist for social justice warrior causes and then lost faith in the cause, and is now an activist against it.

What's interesting is a detail, you'll only notice if you pay attention. She started off as a Christian. Became an atheist (implied) found Woke and became woke the same way as she was Christian, then left woke and became a Christian again.
    She sounds like quite the reactionary moron hunting for a dogma a label to define herself so that she doesn't have to ever actually think or become self aware.
    Don't worry, I'm sure she's recovered from that now. The latest one is always the last one, eh?
    "Banish me from Eden when you will, but first let me eat of the tree of knowledge."

4. Top | #24
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I heard this today "toxic wokeness". Such a good term for what is going on now

5. Top | #25
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by southernhybrid View Post
    This conversation needs a bit of levity. So here's my favorite definition of "woke". I got it right out of the urban dictionary.

"The act of being very pretentious about how much you care about a social issue."

I personally hate the word woke, and that definition pretty much says it all.
    Or the modern version of divide and conquer if it is being used by the top end of society

However some good part of this came from the bottom of this movement

great comments for the video.

6. Top | #26
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by repoman View Post
    This conversation needs a bit of levity. So here's my favorite definition of "woke". I got it right out of the urban dictionary.

"The act of being very pretentious about how much you care about a social issue."

Or the modern version of divide and conquer if it is being used by the top end of society

LOL. And the reason so many gays hate Pride
    Last edited by DrZoidberg; 01-21-2021 at 08:56 AM.

7. Top | #27
    Uh, we don't hate Pride, we hate soulless attempts to cash in on it. The first Pride was a riot.
    "Banish me from Eden when you will, but first let me eat of the tree of knowledge."

8. Top | #28
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by repoman View Post

However some good part of this came from the bottom of this movement

great comments for the video.
    I had always thought the term "progressive stack" was a mocking and/or pejorative term invented by the anti-SJW crowd. I didn't think they actually used it on themselves.

9. Top | #29
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebeave View Post
    I had always thought the term "progressive stack" was a mocking and/or pejorative term invented by the anti-SJW crowd. I didn't think they actually used it on themselves.
    These leftist loonies have become what used to be a conservative caricature of the left. They have become a joke.

It seems like the left will never learn the lesson from history that if you lift up a group and give them power they will exploit it... just like... you know... the capitalists we complain about. It's so dumb

10. Top | #30
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Politesse View Post
    Uh, we don't hate Pride, we hate soulless attempts to cash in on it. The first Pride was a riot.
    My understanding of the disdain for Pride by many in the gay community is that it tends to promote the stereotype of gays being people who (for example) want nothing more than to wear assless leather chaps and tight rainbow tank tops and make out with their partner in public. Whereas it seems most gay people don't really care about any of that and just want to have the same rights and priveliges as everyone else, and live their lives as a normal member of their community. There could also be some Pride fatigue going on after all these years.*

*Reminds me of an old Simpsons episode when there was a Pride Parade in town and a couple of flamboyantly dressed, dancing gay guys sang, "We're here, we're queer...get used to it!!". Lisa shouted back, "We are used to it. You do this every year! One of the guys pipes back, "Spoiled sport".