Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marjorie Taylor Greene case

1. Top | #191
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lpetrich View Post
    This is fun.

MeidasTouch.com on Twitter: "Three million views already. Wow! We're not done humiliating Matt Gaetz and Marjorie Taylor Greene yet. Keep retweeting. (vid link)" / Twitter - someone teased MG about being a pedophile.

Ema Sasic on Twitter: "JUST IN: The “America First” rally with Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene and Matt Gaetz that was scheduled for 6 pm Saturday at the Riverside Convention Center will not take place (pix link)" / Twitter

Gaetz and Greene Hold Bizarre Outdoor Protest After Multiple Venues Bailed
    The controversial pair were forced to address supporters on the street outside the Riverside City Hall, after three California venues turned their planned “protest” away.

Republican Reps. Matt Gaetz and Marjorie Taylor Greene hoped the third time might be the charm for finding a California venue to host their “America First” rally on Saturday night. But instead of speaking to a packed arena, the pair were left with the sidewalk outside the Riverside City Hall.

Greene used the “Peaceful Protest Against Communism” to hawk vaccine hesitancy. She urged the crowd, “Don’t let them force your kids to wear masks at school. Don’t let your kids be forced to take a vaccine that’s not FDA approved.” Meanwhile, coronavirus cases in California are surging as the more contagious Delta variant rips through the unvaccinated population.

Gaetz, who is currently under federal investigation for sex trafficking and abuse of a minor, railed against “the corrupt forces in the Department of Justice and the FBI” and complained that the private venues’ refusals to host the pair amounted to an infringement on their freedom of speech.

“They may try to cancel us online, they may try to pursue us in real life, they may shut down our venues, but we will take this fight to them in the courts, in the halls of Congress, and if necessary in the streets,” he said.
    They call themselves victims. It figures.
    It's interesting that they see taking their protest to the streets like normal people as beneath them. Just how privileged are these people?

They are not victims. they are simply pariahs. Of their own making.
    Cheerful Charlie

2. Top | #192

3. Top | #193
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    It's in the video I posted above.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.

4. Top | #194
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    I rewatched the video to see if I missed something. But I don't think I did.

MTG was asked a question about responsibility. Her response was clipped off. That was followed by a string of emotional video clips, interspersed with bits of MTG laughing at something that isn't mentioned.

Sorry, as much as I dislike MTG, this looks like the worst kind of lying, manipulative, media out there. I realize that it suits your political ideology, but it's still lying trash.
    Tom

5. Top | #195
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post

MTG was asked a question about responsibility. Her response was clipped off. That was followed by a string of emotional video clips, interspersed with bits of MTG laughing at something that isn't mentioned.

Sorry, as much as I dislike MTG, this looks like the worst kind of lying, manipulative, media out there. I realize that it suits your political ideology, but it's still lying trash.
    Tom
    It is only slightly manipulative... which you'll understand if you click Swammerdami's link that takes you to the unedit video, where she literally laughs at the question.

The funny thing is that she is almost certainly vaccinated. She is the worst type of person to be politics.

6. Top | #196
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post

Tom
    It is only slightly manipulative... which you'll understand if you click Swammerdami's link that takes you to the unedit video, where she literally laughs at the question.

The funny thing is that she is almost certainly vaccinated. She is the worst type of person to be politics.
    Yabut ... both sides ...

7. Top | #197
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

Tom
    It looks like she laughs when the person asking the question says "skinny people". The person says "there are children...skinny people... who have died of the coronavirus" and MTG clearly grins and laughs after the mention of "skinny people", which does indeed seem to be a strange, funny way of asking the question. I think the implication is that it's not just old, overweight, and sickly people dying of the virus. But it seems to me that she's not laughing at the idea of children dying.

8. Top | #198
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy Man View Post

Tom
    It looks like she laughs when the person asking the question says "skinny people". The person says "there are children...skinny people... who have died of the coronavirus" and MTG clearly grins and laughs after the mention of "skinny people", which does indeed seem to be a strange, funny way of asking the question. I think the implication is that it's not just old, overweight, and sickly people dying of the virus. But it seems to me that she's not laughing at the idea of children dying.
    How much better is that than merely denying or being indifferent to the deaths of children?

Better, sure. But not by as much as we'd like to believe of a fellow human being.

9. Top | #199
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Yes. She’s such a terrible person that fabricating a fake headline doesn’t hurt her reputation just that of the writers.

10. Top | #200
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.