Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marjorie Taylor Greene case

1. Top | #1
    Archived
    Total Posts

The Marjorie Taylor Greene case

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55940542

This is interesting. She's elected on a QAnon platform, is found out to be a scumbag. Of course. I think all of those guys are dicks. But after it was found out that she actually believed all those things she said she believed when elected, then she was booted out.

I too think she's a horrible person, and I'm not saying booting her out wasn't lawful. But is it ever ethically right to boot a politician out of power after she was elected into power. There's no new information that arose. I mean, there was. But none of the stuff that emerged should have shocked anybody. She was a QAnon supporter. Right there you know everything you need to know. It's not like she's betrayed her voters trust in any way.

What do you guys think? Just to clarify. I'm not asking if you think she's a horrible person. I'm asking if you were truly shocked by the revelations uncovered about her after the election? Do you think anybody was more than mildly surprised? If she is what was expected, I don't understand the outrage.

2. Top | #2
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg View Post
    If she is what was expected, I don't understand the outrage.
    With Trump gone, need a new Emmanuel Goldstein for the two minutes hate.

3. Top | #3
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trausti View Post
    If she is what was expected, I don't understand the outrage.
    With Trump gone, need a new Emmanuel Goldstein for the two minutes hate.
    Aha, the reverse of Andy Warhol's fame maxim.

4. Top | #4
    Contributor
    She’s probably mentally ill and well suited for a career in politics.

5. Top | #5
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    But is it ever ethically right to boot a politician out of power after she was elected into power.
    She is still in the position she was elected into.

To remove her from Congress would have taken a 2/3 vote. That’s a Constitutionally allowed process.

6. Top | #6
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55940542

This is interesting. She's elected on a QAnon platform, is found out to be a scumbag. Of course. I think all of those guys are dicks. But after it was found out that she actually believed all those things she said she believed when elected, then she was booted out.

I too think she's a horrible person, and I'm not saying booting her out wasn't lawful. But is it ever ethically right to boot a politician out of power after she was elected into power. There's no new information that arose. I mean, there was. But none of the stuff that emerged should have shocked anybody. She was a QAnon supporter. Right there you know everything you need to know. It's not like she's betrayed her voters trust in any way.

What do you guys think? Just to clarify. I'm not asking if you think she's a horrible person. I'm asking if you were truly shocked by the revelations uncovered about her after the election? Do you think anybody was more than mildly surprised? If she is what was expected, I don't understand the outrage.
    She wasn't booted out of her elected position. She is still a member of Congress, pulling down the 6-figure salary. However, her coworkers, who control her workplace, decided by a democratic vote that they did not want to work with her on committees--not after this pistol packin' non-mama had within the past 2 or 3 years threatened death to some of them and their political associates and had this year refused to wear masks sometimes in their common workplace; not after an anti-democratic gang infused with some of her "former" confreres had just recently forced entry into said workplace and threatened the safety, freedom, and lives of members of Congress and the Vice President, in an attempt to prevent said Congress from performing their constitutionally mandated duty with regard to an election.
    If she weren't an elected official, she could well have been fired when her posts came to light.

7. Top | #7
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The reason she should be expelled from Congress, even though she was elected to it by her constituents in her district, is that she has endorsed violence against her political opponents in Congress. If it was only whacky views, I would favor allowing her to remain in her seat. Promoting violence is a threshold that should never be permitted, however. Other voters in other districts across the whole country elect their own representatives to Congress with the presumption that they will not have their own representative's life being threatened at the whim of their own colleagues. It does not matter if Greene's voters knew beforehand or not that she endorsed the assassination of other political figures. Once she does that, she deserves to be gone, even if it would override the will of the voters of her own district.

8. Top | #8
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    That, and rubbing the noses of Sandy Hook survivors in her obscene delusions is ....totally obscene. What did Repubs think would happen if they tried to put her on the EDUCATION committee???

9. Top | #9
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Of course her beliefs are total whackadoodle. On the other hand, how many in Congress believe in some sort of deity that can read their thoughts during prayer and (maybe) act on them. Pretty much all of them, right? As insane as MTG's beliefs are, they don't necessarily defy the laws of science as we know them, unlike the religious beliefs of others in Congress. It would be interesting to see if Nancy Pelosi and other Catholics in Congress really believes that snacking on a sacred cracker and some wine at Communion means she is actually tasting the flesh and blood of Jesus. Its a little hard to objectively say whose beliefs score higher on the Crazy-O-Meter.

10. Top | #10
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebeave View Post
    Of course her beliefs are total whackadoodle. On the other hand, how many in Congress believe in some sort of deity that can read their thoughts during prayer and (maybe) act on them. Pretty much all of them, right? As insane as MTG's beliefs are, they don't necessarily defy the laws of science as we know them, unlike the religious beliefs of others in Congress.
    Denying that the Sandy Hook massacre occurred denies the overwhelming evidence. Denying that 9-11 happened is denying overwhelming evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by thebeave View Post
    It would be interesting to see if Nancy Pelosi and other Catholics in Congress really believes that snacking on a sacred cracker and some wine at Communion means she is actually tasting the flesh and blood of Jesus. Its a little hard to objectively say whose beliefs score higher on the Crazy-O-Meter.
    I don't know any Catholics who think they are tasting the flesh and blood of Jesus. To a person, they know it is symbolic. So I think any sane rational person could easily Ms. Greene's beliefs score higher on the Crazy-O-Meter.

The GOP leadership showed incredibly poor judgment when it put that asshat on a committee that dealt with issues directly affecting children. I think the Democratic leadership should have taken McCarthey's deal (the GOP takes her off Education and put her on the Small Business Committee) on the condition that the GOP make it publicly clear that her abhorrent views are unacceptable to the party.