Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with MS Word art editing

1. Top | #11
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Archived
    Total Posts
    By the way, did you add these things as text boxes or as “WordArt”? WordArt should give the transform function, but I’m not sure text boxes always do. I’ll play with it tomorrow and see if I can get some screen shots of the menus you need.

2. Top | #12
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Actually I have changed my mind and will accept your kind offer, Rhea. Yes, I did realize that WordArt is better for what I am looking for than a regular text box. Also I have a slightly different design in mind than before, regarding what the final product will look like. Sometime soon I will PM you to give you further info. Thank you.

3. Top | #13
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Updates: Someone was helping me with this earlier, and we used Publisher rather than MS Word to work on it.

Here are my links to my social media accounts, with the new pictures:

Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/brian.george.507464/

Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/BrianGeorge487

I am pretty satisfied with the Twitter look, but recommendations from here are welcome.

Regarding the Facebook background, I am not sure how to make the letters more precisely defined than they already are and less blurry. I put them already at their thinnest setting, as far as I know how. Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

4. Top | #14
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian63 View Post
    Updates: Someone was helping me with this earlier, and we used Publisher rather than MS Word to work on it.

Here are my links to my social media accounts, with the new pictures:

Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/brian.george.507464/

Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/BrianGeorge487

I am pretty satisfied with the Twitter look, but recommendations from here are welcome.

Regarding the Facebook background, I am not sure how to make the letters more precisely defined than they already are and less blurry. I put them already at their thinnest setting, as far as I know how. Can anyone help please?

Thanks.
    How did you export the image? I think you could try increasing the resolution, currently it's pretty small and ends up being scaled up.

5. Top | #15
    Archived
    Total Posts
    It was saved to my desktop as a PNG.

I confess to not knowing how to increasing the resolution. I tried increasing the font size and that was causing some blurriness. FB was also giving me an error message for awhile that the background picture was too small to be usable, and so I just expanded a corner of it too some extent. I am unsure if that makes a difference here.

6. Top | #16
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian63 View Post
    It was saved to my desktop as a PNG.

I confess to not knowing how to increasing the resolution. I tried increasing the font size and that was causing some blurriness. FB was also giving me an error message for awhile that the background picture was too small to be usable, and so I just expanded a corner of it too some extent. I am unsure if that makes a difference here.
    I don't have MS Publisher but googling showed that there should be a setting for resolution in the save dialog (it should appear after you select the PNG format). Select 300 dpi or higher.

7. Top | #17
    Archived
    Total Posts
    That did help a lot with that. Thank you.