Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Features You ould Like To See

1. Top | #11
    An easy way to turn off mouse-over activated drop-down menus and hyperlinks. Especially annoying when using Wikipedia. It's a pain having to move the mouse around so that the text I'm reading isn't blocked out. But on many websites floating over the upper tool bar brings down boxes that cover the entire page which requires moving the mouse all the way to the bottom to remove it. Software trying to be too helpful. Most of the time I don't want their help unless I ask for it. That's what the right-click is for.

2. Top | #12
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treedbear View Post
    An easy way to turn off mouse-over activated drop-down menus and hyperlinks. Especially annoying when using Wikipedia. It's a pain having to move the mouse around so that the text I'm reading isn't blocked out. But on many websites floating over the upper tool bar brings down boxes that cover the entire page which requires moving the mouse all the way to the bottom to remove it. Software trying to be too helpful. Most of the time I don't want their help unless I ask for it. That's what the right-click is for.
    Just curious, which browser are you using?

3. Top | #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Treedbear View Post
    Just curious, which browser are you using?
    Microsoft Edge.
    Version 88.0.705.68 (Official build) (64-bit)

4. Top | #14
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisNemesis View Post
    Much more accurate voice recognition, and much more realistic-sounding voice recognition assistants.
    I was under impression that it was better than human already.
    I tried google browser and it seems Russian is easier than English for it. I used native English speaking for testing.

5. Top | #15
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post
    I would like an off switch for the microwave done beeper.
    Most microwaves have mutes. I turned off my microwave’s sound when we had a baby. Never looked back. Always mute every new microwave I get.
    I've never seen a MW with a mute.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.

6. Top | #16
    Searching for reality along the long and winding road
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post
    I would like an off switch for the microwave done beeper.
    Most microwaves have mutes. I turned off my microwave’s sound when we had a baby. Never looked back. Always mute every new microwave I get.
    You need to buy a Marcel Marceau model.

7. Top | #17
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skepticalbip View Post

We got tired of the digital displays on our microwaves always screwing up, so we got one with a mechanical dial that you turn to the desired second/minute setting. When it's ticked down to zero it gives one ding. To quote R Crumb, "The old vays is the best vays!"

8. Top | #18
    Searching for reality along the long and winding road
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharmas View Post

We got tired of the digital displays on our microwaves always screwing up, so we got one with a mechanical dial that you turn to the desired second/minute setting. When it's ticked down to zero it gives one ding. To quote R Crumb, "The old vays is the best vays!"
    For many things, I agree. I miss toggle switches and dials and who the fuck decided that everything electronic has to have a clock? Any time there is a temporary power outage there are at least ten devices in my home that have clocks that I have to reset or put up with them blinking at me. Even without power outages, they need to be reset twice a year for the daylight saving time switch.

Ahh toggle switches, there's something reassuring about the positive feel of the switch firmly seating... I miss my old stereo system. My current one with push buttons is just not the same.

9. Top | #19
    Mad Quilter Old Woman in Purple's Avatar
    Even without power outages, they need to be reset twice a year for the daylight saving time switch.
    I would consider it a 'life feature' if we could lose the whole time-change-twice-a-year thing. Pick one (either one) and run with it!

10. Top | #20
    Archived
    Total Posts
    In coming years, I expect that when in line at some major grocery or retail stores there will be lasers positioned all around certain areas that triangulate a scan of every product in your cart instantaneously and simultaneously, and then you pay for it like normal. It will be like the current self-scan stations, but more enhanced. Cashiers will be obsolete in those stores.