Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions For Women

1. Top | #111
    Might be a replicant Emily Lake's Avatar
    Northern Hemisphere, Bordering the Pacific
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Lake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Treedbear View Post
    My dear, men just find big doe-eyed girls with pouty lips and flushed cheeks very enticing
    Translation: human males are attracted to barely-pubescent females exhibiting sexual responsiveness during ovulation...
    Correction: human males are attracted to females most likely to conceive.
    That's not a correction, that's what I said.

2. Top | #112
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

You ought to know by now that it sounds more authoritative coming from a man.

3. Top | #113
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts

The point is that it is about fertility, age is just a proxy. It's not men are hardwired for pedophila.

4. Top | #114
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

The point is that it is about fertility, age is just a proxy. It's not men are hardwired for pedophila.
    I believe this little subdiscussion started around Emily Lake's mention of 'barely pubescent' girls. In other words, girls who have just begun to ovulate and menstruate. Technically, they may (or may not yet) be fertile but a pregnancy for such a young girl is risky to her health during pregnancy and childbirth and can have long term adverse consequences to her physical health, not just her emotional health, mental health, education and social development. Such young girls are not at their peak fertility and will not be until their late teens. Peak fertility for girls and women in the US occurs between late teens and late twenties. So, some years after the period Emily Lake mentioned. So being attracted to those barely pubescent girls is definitely NOT being drawn to the most fertile females.

You may say that such attraction is not pedophilia but rather hebephilia. You say tomato. I say tomahto. It's detrimental to the girls, inappropriate, illegal and definitely not hardwired in men.

5. Top | #115
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post

You ought to know by now that it sounds more authoritative coming from a man.

6. Top | #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post

I believe this little subdiscussion started around Emily Lake's mention of 'barely pubescent' girls. In other words, girls who have just begun to ovulate and menstruate. Technically, they may (or may not yet) be fertile but a pregnancy for such a young girl is risky to her health during pregnancy and childbirth and can have long term adverse consequences to her physical health, not just her emotional health, mental health, education and social development. Such young girls are not at their peak fertility and will not be until their late teens. Peak fertility for girls and women in the US occurs between late teens and late twenties. So, some years after the period Emily Lake mentioned. So being attracted to those barely pubescent girls is definitely NOT being drawn to the most fertile females.

You may say that such attraction is not pedophilia but rather hebephilia. You say tomato. I say tomahto. It's detrimental to the girls, inappropriate, illegal and definitely not hardwired in men.
    I'd say "softwired" by long-running culture. Favoring girls who have just entered puberty for mating helps the male of the species guarantee that it is HIS progeny that get carried. The only way for males of the human species to ensure the continuance of their genes is to literally control the reproductive capacity of the females.

I say softwired, rather than hardwired, because it differs from simple mating rights and access to a sexually receptive female, which we would see in most other sexed creatures on the planet. It has some variation with humans, because we end up with inheritance of properties, wealth, and status as part of our social structure.

7. Top | #117
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

I'd say "softwired" by long-running culture. Favoring girls who have just entered puberty for mating helps the male of the species guarantee that it is HIS progeny that get carried. The only way for males of the human species to ensure the continuance of their genes is to literally control the reproductive capacity of the females.

I say softwired, rather than hardwired, because it differs from simple mating rights and access to a sexually receptive female, which we would see in most other sexed creatures on the planet. It has some variation with humans, because we end up with inheritance of properties, wealth, and status as part of our social structure.
    Your explanation does not make sense. Girls do not hit peak fertility for some years after menarche, and then it is dependent largely upon nutrition and other environmental factors as well as genetics, to a certain extent. A male is less likely to be able to ensure genetic offspring by pursuing someone who is not only not yet at peak fertility but who also lacks physical, psychological, intellectual and social maturity to best be able to bring a healthy pregnancy to term, resulting in the healthiest offspring with the best chance at surviving until adulthood. Please consult whatever sources you choose to compare the chances of offspring reaching adulthood, by age of mother at the time of pregnancy. Just for shits and giggles, throw in education level of mother.

There is no way around such 'attraction.' It's a choice. Particularly here in the US. There is zero acceptable excuse for pursuing a barely pubescent child of any gender. Zero.

I think a better 'explanation' is that by pursuing sex with a barely pubescent child, one can more easily control one's sex partner and just as importantly, ensure that they are virgin and therefore unable to make any unflattering comparisons. Or have opinions or agency of their own.

That's the real point.

8. Top | #118

Your explanation does not make sense. Girls do not hit peak fertility for some years after menarche, and then it is dependent largely upon nutrition and other environmental factors as well as genetics, to a certain extent. A male is less likely to be able to ensure genetic offspring by pursuing someone who is not only not yet at peak fertility but who also lacks physical, psychological, intellectual and social maturity to best be able to bring a healthy pregnancy to term, resulting in the healthiest offspring with the best chance at surviving until adulthood. Please consult whatever sources you choose to compare the chances of offspring reaching adulthood, by age of mother at the time of pregnancy. Just for shits and giggles, throw in education level of mother.

There is no way around such 'attraction.' It's a choice. Particularly here in the US. There is zero acceptable excuse for pursuing a barely pubescent child of any gender. Zero.

I think a better 'explanation' is that by pursuing sex with a barely pubescent child, one can more easily control one's sex partner and just as importantly, ensure that they are virgin and therefore unable to make any unflattering comparisons. Or have opinions or agency of their own.

That's the real point.
    The red bit above is what I was getting at - by controlling the girl's reproductivity, and ensuring that she only has one sex partner, they also ensure that any offspring are theirs.

Thus... child brides and women viewed as property. All to control access to baby-making for that man alone. It's not about them being at peak fertility, it's about making sure that their children aren't someone else's get.

9. Top | #119
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

That's the real point.
    The red bit above is what I was getting at - by controlling the girl's reproductivity, and ensuring that she only has one sex partner, they also ensure that any offspring are theirs.

Thus... child brides and women viewed as property. All to control access to baby-making for that man alone. It's not about them being at peak fertility, it's about making sure that their children aren't someone else's get.

Sure. I read the part in red the first time. A couple of times. I thoroughly understood the logic. Plays very well into the male world view. But not modern reality.

Tell me how important all that part in red is in the United States, Europe, Australia. Most of Asia. Much of Africa and the Middle East.

There is nothing 'natural' about men wanting barely pubescent girls.

10. Top | #120

Sure. I read the part in red the first time. A couple of times. I thoroughly understood the logic. Plays very well into the male world view. But not modern reality.

Tell me how important all that part in red is in the United States, Europe, Australia. Most of Asia. Much of Africa and the Middle East.

There is nothing 'natural' about men wanting barely pubescent girls.
    I think we're talking past each other. I don't think it's "natural". I think it's a result of a brutal, violent patriarchal society viewing females as their property and chattel. It's not hardwired, it's a result of males being bigger, stronger, more aggressive, and pretty much running the entire world on a "might-makes-right" principle... which includes raping and mutilating women across the globe and treating women as sub-human. It's culturally ingrained, and is something that has entered the culture of males as a result.

It's NOT something I approve of. In case that part wasn't clear?