Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions For Women

1. Top | #201
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by southernhybrid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by James Brown View Post
    Here's a question for women that I hope doesn't devolve into a stand-off.

To my mind, a front-clasp bra would be easier for a woman to put on and off, but they seem to be the exception rather than the rule. Am I wrong about that, or is there some other reason that most bras are rear-clasp?

This has nothing to do about access for a significant other--just everyday wear.
    When a woman wears a bra that clasps in the back, it's really quite simple. She just clasps it in the front, then simply turns the bra around, and pulls the strap over her shoulders.
    That doesn’t quite seem to answer the question. What you described sounds like a workaround to a design failure. The question would be why is the predominantly worn design one for which you have to utilize the workaround rather than one that appears to be designed “properly”?

There could be reasons like perhaps the clasp is uncomfortable if it’s in the front or ones with front clasps have other limitations that a woman would understand.

2. Top | #202
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I have very long hair, even longer due to the pandemic. In fact, I might never get it cut again. That's how much I enjoy wearing my hair long. I keep my bangs just over or nearly over my eyebrows. That way, I no longer worry about how my eyebrows look. I used to have them waxed and trimmed regularly. Now, they are just about covered by my hair. The only time my hair becomes annoying is when I'm outside and it's windy. When it's hot, I can let it dry naturally and then put it into a pony tail. I've had my hair very short when I was working full time and didn't want to deal with it. But, since childhood, my preference has been for long hair. I've worn it in many different lengths. I've been told numerous times that older women shouldn't wear their hair long, but now, long hair on older women is considered fashionable.

I really don't care what the style is, I'm going to wear my hair as long as I want. My favorite past patient was an atheist who wore her hair down to her waist at age 87. I was broken hearted when she died only about 4 or 5 months after I met her. She was the coolest old woman I ever met and she dressed and wore her hair exactly how she wanted. That's how it should be for all of us.

Do your thing!

"If the music make you move
    And you take the groove,
    Groove on, groove on
    If you feel like you wanna make love
    Under the stars above,
    Love on, love on
    If there's something you wanna say
    And talkin' is the only way,
    Rap on, oh, rap on
    'Cause whatever you do
    Hey, do your thing"

So, do your thing and don't give a fuck about what others think about your hair. Wear it down to your waist, over your eyes, short and spiky, crew cut, bald.....just do your thing and never let a man tell you how to wear your hair.

3. Top | #203
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by James Brown View Post
    Here's a question for women that I hope doesn't devolve into a stand-off.

To my mind, a front-clasp bra would be easier for a woman to put on and off, but they seem to be the exception rather than the rule. Am I wrong about that, or is there some other reason that most bras are rear-clasp?

This has nothing to do about access for a significant other--just everyday wear.
    When a woman wears a bra that clasps in the back, it's really quite simple. She just clasps it in the front, then simply turns the bra around, and pulls the strap over her shoulders.
    That doesn’t quite seem to answer the question. What you described sounds like a workaround to a design failure. The question would be why is the predominantly worn design one for which you have to utilize the workaround rather than one that appears to be designed “properly”?

There could be reasons like perhaps the clasp is uncomfortable if it’s in the front or ones with front clasps have other limitations that a woman would understand.
    Oh how we love a man to explain things to us. I don't wear bras that have any clasps but for years I did wear the ones that clasp in the back. I found them easier and more comfortable to wear compared to the ones that clasped in the front. Do you wear a bra? I didn't think so. So, please don't tell a woman which type of bra is more comfortable or easier to put on.

4. Top | #204
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I just wish I could wear hair down in front of my eyes. I suppose I could, but it would take one hell of a comb-over.

5. Top | #205
    Archived
    Total Posts

Oh how we love a man to explain things to us. I don't wear bras that have any clasps but for years I did wear the ones that clasp in the back. I found them easier and more comfortable to wear compared to the ones that clasped in the front. Do you wear a bra? I didn't think so. So, please don't tell a woman which type of bra is more comfortable or easier to put on.
    I can only testify that a clasp in the back can be more discreetly undone than one in the front. At least by me. When I was a teenager.

6. Top | #206
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    What few men and not enough women understand about bras is that the primary support comes from the band that goes around the body. It most frequently clasps in back because that part of a woman’s body tends to be flatter, allowing fir a broader band which typically is a bit more contoured in the front, to fit around the front, more bowed portion of the rib cage.

I’ve tried front clasp bras and don’t find them as comfortable. This was true even when I was quite thin and required less support—in fact, wore bras for modesty only.

There are many different styles and sizes of bras because they need to fit as well
    as possible in order to provide needed support and to be comfortable. An uncomfortable bra can dig into shoulders and ribcages, can ride up so that the band digs into the breast. Women with larger breasts especially need well fitting, well made bras that provide sufficient support to avoid debilitating back aches.

It’s not the same as buying a three pack of Hanes t’shirts. Unfortunately.

7. Top | #207
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    What few men and not enough women understand about bras is that the primary support comes from the band that goes around the body. It most frequently clasps in back because that part of a woman’s body tends to be flatter, allowing fir a broader band which typically is a bit more contoured in the front, to fit around the front, more bowed portion of the rib cage.

I’ve tried front clasp bras and don’t find them as comfortable. This was true even when I was quite thin and required less support—in fact, wore bras for modesty only.

There are many different styles and sizes of bras because they need to fit as well
    as possible in order to provide needed support and to be comfortable. An uncomfortable bra can dig into shoulders and ribcages, can ride up so that the band digs into the breast. Women with larger breasts especially need well fitting, well made bras that provide sufficient support to avoid debilitating back aches.

As a male I have a hard time picturing a good front clasp design. Typically the bra cups basically touch in front--where are you going to put the clasp??

8. Top | #208
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post

As a male I have a hard time picturing a good front clasp design. Typically the bra cups basically touch in front--where are you going to put the clasp??
    Between the cups. It’s not the same type of hooks as on a back clasping bra so it works but not great. I thought it would be a great convenience but it really wasn’t—except while I was breast feeding. That would not have worked very well if I had been larger busted and needed the extra support more than I did. Truthfully, fro t clasps, which are typically plastic, just don’t last as long and are not adjustable. Most bras have two or three sets of hooks in the band that allow you to tighten the fir as the elastic gives, allowing the bra to last longer. Also: bras do not belong in a dryer—too hard on the ekastic. A good bra is not inexpensive but worth the cost. You just have to take care of it.

9. Top | #209
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

wow! This is a thread for questions for women. I asked a question for women. I guess I’m not wanted here. Thanks for clearing that up.

10. Top | #210
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

wow! This is a thread for questions for women. I asked a question for women. I guess I’m not wanted here. Thanks for clearing that up.
    A woman answered a question and you critiqued her answer. Maybe not the best way to go here.