Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you choose to be a God of dumb animals?

1. Top | #21
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Before and during the exodus, people worshipped lesser gods. Before the worship of lesser gods, God did not demand to be worshiped in the beginning but to follow His command to be righteous. from Adam and generations later, i.e. NO Ten Commandments until Moses - henceforth the introduction to Exodus 34:14 Do not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God..

2. Top | #22
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Learner View Post
    Before and during the exodus, people worshipped lesser gods. Before the worship of lesser gods, God did not demand to be worshiped in the beginning but to follow His command to be righteous. from Adam and generations later, i.e. NO Ten Commandments until Moses - henceforth the introduction to Exodus 34:14 Do not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God..
    BTW a related thing is Deuteronomy 6:5 - "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength."
    Perhaps a faithful dog is also capable of this.... (if God was physical)

3. Top | #23
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Why are some of you silly atheists pretending that Bible god is real, when you know that Bible god is just a figment of the human imagination?

And, we aren't gods to dogs, they are our little gods. Sadly, some people treat their little gods very poorly. Those are the people who deserve hell, if hell wasn't just an imaginary place. Still, unlike the pretend Biblical god, dogs would forgive them and let them out early on parole. Dogs are not jealous gods. They are very forgiving.

Of course gods and devils have no supernatural powers, other than knowing how to manipulate humans. I guess they have a lot in common with the pretend Bible god, if you really think about it, except that dogs are much nicer. Instead of threatening humans with hell, they just get us to do their bidding by being adorable.

4. Top | #24
    Member Gnostic Christian Bishop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Politesse View Post
    YHWH is a person of many portrayals, some contradictory. What one finds in a collage may say something about the artist... or the commentator.
    Person, in the sense that all that is said of him is from humans, I will accept.

Indeed --- on the rest.

For instance, I like that Michel Angelo always put a catch in his paintings.

The Expulsion painting for instance. He included the hint or oral sex.

In another, he has an altar boy giving the pope the finger.

Regards
    DL

5. Top | #25
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post
    God bored.
    God creates Earth.
    God toys with humans.

Unlike some specious god put humans in heat 24/7, but giving in to our generic dictates is a no-no. It must be amusing from on high to watch humans torment themselves.
    Heaven is full of sadists for sure.

Regards
    DL

6. Top | #26
    Quote Originally Posted by DBT View Post
    But, but, but...God gazed upon His Creation and declared it to be Good.
    Yes, but we do not know what is good to Yahweh.

Jesus said, do not call me good. Only god id good.

If the genocidal Yahweh is good, I am a really evil person as I not genocidal and would kill Yahweh if given the chance and he were real.

Regards
    DL

7. Top | #27
    Quote Originally Posted by excreationist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DBT View Post
    But, but, but...God gazed upon His Creation and declared it to be Good.
    Usually in Genesis 1 God says things are "good" but verse 31a says "God saw all that he had made, and it was very good". YECs can say that implies there was no animal death before the fall.
    A & E then would have been in a changeless place.

Hell, we would all look for a new sin to do if we were as bored as A & E would have been.

Perhaps getting us out of Eden was a blessing, and that view is bolstered by Christians who sing of Adam's sin being a happy fault and necessary to Yahweh's plan.

IOW, Yahweh demands we sin and has created us to do so.

Regards
    DL

8. Top | #28
    Quote Originally Posted by excreationist View Post
    God likes being worshipped and animal/human sacrifices...

Exodus 34:14
    Do not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

Satan apparently was too proud to worship God so God is going to send him and most humans to hell....

As far as intelligence goes, God prefers the faith of children to know-it-alls....
    You critique the Christian Satan. Not the Jewish one.

They see things differently. To Christians, Satan is evil. To Jews, Satan is god's Loyal Opposition.

I agree that faith is pushed more than knowledge by the mainstream religions onto their children.

Bastard parents do not mind harming the minds of their children with supernatural beliefs based on lies.

Regards
    DL

9. Top | #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Learner View Post
    The Christian version of god is indeed an insecure jealous god.

Perhaps that is why he is G D mean.

Strange that the first thing Moses does when returning was to murder something like 3,000 Jews.

Jealous to the point of murder is psychotic.

Regards
    DL

10. Top | #30
    Quote Originally Posted by southernhybrid View Post
    Why are some of you silly atheists pretending that Bible god is real, when you know that Bible god is just a figment of the human imagination?

And, we aren't gods to dogs, they are our little gods. Sadly, some people treat their little gods very poorly. Those are the people who deserve hell, if hell wasn't just an imaginary place. Still, unlike the pretend Biblical god, dogs would forgive them and let them out early on parole. Dogs are not jealous gods. They are very forgiving.

Of course gods and devils have no supernatural powers, other than knowing how to manipulate humans. I guess they have a lot in common with the pretend Bible god, if you really think about it, except that dogs are much nicer. Instead of threatening humans with hell, they just get us to do their bidding by being adorable.
    You asked your first question then proceeded to answer it yourself by writing with the assumption of reality by stating what is not a part of reality. That being that devils have no supernatural powers.

Regardless, in a religious forum, there are all kinds of belief systems arguing and discussing.

Generally speaking, all control systems have a carrot and stick component. Right?

Do as told and be rewarded. Do not and catch hell.

Regards
    DL