Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: CPAC - the Coup Continues

1. Top | #101
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J842P View Post

Not "proof" but here's at least one real person claiming so:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1366981303598374917
    I'm a real person. And I hereby proclaim that J842P shot JFK. So jail him now... skip the trial - a REAL person said so.
    Seconded! That makes it twice as good, right?

And at least twice as likely to be true.

2. Top | #102
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhyn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Harvestdancer View Post
    So what are we going to do about Design Foundry, the Democrat-run Woman-run Biden-supporting firm that designed the Odal rune stage?

They claim it was a pure coincidence, but this is CPAC.

You've posted some goofy stuff, but this is right up there.

A woman owned firm designed a stage that the client was happy with. And you've got a problem with that!

You're a hoot.
    Tom
    Not to mention that not everyone knows the meanings of the Elder Futhark, nor the history of how Nazis appropriated it.

If it had been a swastika, I bet they would have said NO, but Odal? It's a dog-whistle. Not everyone can pick out such lofty tones on first listen.
    It's funny how good you in particular are at picking up dog whistles.

I'd say "only dogs can hear dog whistles" but apparently that attracts my stalker.
    No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA

The word "know" has one silent k.
    The word "knuckle" has two silent k's.
    The word "Democrat" has three silent k's.

3. Top | #103
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhyn View Post

HaVe A sEnSe oF HuMor WhY dONt YoU?
    Ok then -

Do you think Jason is deaf to such dog whistles too?
    It's really FUNNY that sarcasm is Jason’s only defense in most cases.
    A firm owned by a Biden supporter made a Nazi symbol, and you think it is funny? Try being serious. What should be done about this form and its Biden-supporting owner making a Nazi symbol?

This is too big an offense for mere cancellation. This requires real consequences.
    No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA

The word "know" has one silent k.
    The word "knuckle" has two silent k's.
    The word "Democrat" has three silent k's.

4. Top | #104
    Veteran Member
    A firm owned by a Biden supporter made a Nazi symbol, and you think it is funny? Try being serious. What should be done about this form and its Biden-supporting owner making a Nazi symbol?

This is too big an offense for mere cancellation. This requires real consequences.
    I'm not sure why you think the problem is the design firm. I'd guess that 95% of American people wouldn't recognize that rather obscure symbol, I certainly didn't. I'm gathering that it's one of those symbols that far predate Nazism, but was co-opted like the swastika. Perhaps the correct term in that sentence isn't even "co-opted", but "perverted".

I see the problem here as the group itself, not the firm hired to design a setting for some event. What consequences do you consider appropriate for CPAC?
    Tom

ETA ~It's you that's funny. Not the group or issue.~

5. Top | #105
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I'm not sure why you think the problem is the design firm.
    He doesn't. He's attacking liberal cancel culture, saying they shoot the messengers, the messenger's Uber driver, any bystanders, just throw blame around everywhere.

6. Top | #106
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post
    He doesn't. He's attacking liberal cancel culture, saying they shoot the messengers, the messenger's Uber driver, any bystanders, just throw blame around everywhere.
    And he's doing so by insisting that they behave in the way he caricatures, and thinks that their failure to do so implies hypocrisy on their part, rather than a failure to understand what they're actually doing on his part.

Liberals complain about racists being racist.

JH decides that this is because liberals complain about everyone being racist.

JH insists that they should complain just as much about some non-racist who is tangentially connected to the racism.

Liberals don't give crap the first about the non-racist.

JH has to choose either to reassess his position, which implies admitting error on his part; Or declaring their failure to act as he predicted to be hypocritical.

JH spams the thread with his unfounded claims of hypocrisy.

Liberals grow tired of that shit and put JH on 'ignore'.

It's become something of a tradition in the Political Discussions forum.

7. Top | #107
    Veteran Member

I'm not sure why you think the problem is the design firm. I'd guess that 95% of American people wouldn't recognize that rather obscure symbol, I certainly didn't. I'm gathering that it's one of those symbols that far predate Nazism, but was co-opted like the swastika. Perhaps the correct term in that sentence isn't even "co-opted", but "perverted".

I see the problem here as the group itself, not the firm hired to design a setting for some event. What consequences do you consider appropriate for CPAC?
    Tom

ETA ~It's you that's funny. Not the group or issue.~
    My family owns a rug that was made by Native Americans from an old tribe that used the "power" symbol that is called the swastika today. The shape was prevalent throughout the design of the rug. It has been in the family since well before WWII.. a Jewish family. During WWII, a family member carefully altered the rug with needle and thread, effectively eliminating the swastika shape where it appeared. I've seen this rug one time in my life... It was pretty unremarkable... but how the shape of the design elements were changed was pointed out to me.
    I was given the impression that if the rug was unaltered it might have been worth a fortune today.

8. Top | #108
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bilby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post
    And he's doing so by insisting that they behave in the way he caricatures, and thinks that their failure to do so implies hypocrisy on their part, rather than a failure to understand what they're actually doing on his part.

Liberals complain about racists being racist.

JH decides that this is because liberals complain about everyone being racist.

JH insists that they should complain just as much about some non-racist who is tangentially connected to the racism.

Liberals don't give crap the first about the non-racist.

JH has to choose either to reassess his position, which implies admitting error on his part; Or declaring their failure to act as he predicted to be hypocritical.

JH spams the thread with his unfounded claims of hypocrisy.

Liberals grow tired of that shit and put JH on 'ignore'.

It's become something of a tradition in the Political Discussions forum.
    Nah, man. He's not being serious, it's pretty obvious. He's lampooning *an actual reaction to the stage*.

9. Top | #109
    Archived
    Total Posts
    As I mentioned, I've been a bit of a history buff on WWII for all of my live but I would not have recognized that symbol. I agree with TomC that few would notice that the Nazis used it at times. It certainly was not their primary symbol.

If any group involved would notice it's Nazi use it would be CPAC members. That's where a Nazis are located.

10. Top | #110
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J842P View Post

I believe Jason is referring sarcastically to the response by many that the stage was a Neo-Nazi symbol.
    We're kinda up against Poe's Law here. It's impossible to tell, for sure, the difference between satire and sarcasm versus ill-informed sincerity.

I'm relatively new to TFT, so maybe I'm misjudging @Jason Harvestdancer; Perhaps he's a top shelf satirist, and it's me that's ill-informed.

Perhaps.
    Tom
    No it's pretty obvious.