Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: CPAC - the Coup Continues

1. Top | #11
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    This is just delicious:

The Golden Trump Statue Is the Talk of CPAC. It Was Made in Mexico.

“He’s wearing a business suit because he’s a business man. The red tie represents the Republican party, the red white and blue shorts represent the fact that he’s a patriot,” the artist Tommy Zegan told the New York Post. The sandals is the way Zegan chose to represent that Trump was in his golden years and could be “on the beach” if he wanted to.
    Zegan told Politico that the fiberglass statue was made in Mexico over a period of six months in the resort town of Rosarito. He then took it to Tampa, where it was painted in chrome and then got a U-Haul to transport it to CPAC. “If someone offered me $100,000 I’d take it,” Zegan said.
    How the fuck can you ridicule these people?

2. Top | #12
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    This is just delicious:

The Golden Trump Statue Is the Talk of CPAC. It Was Made in Mexico.

“He’s wearing a business suit because he’s a business man. The red tie represents the Republican party, the red white and blue shorts represent the fact that he’s a patriot,” the artist Tommy Zegan told the New York Post. The sandals is the way Zegan chose to represent that Trump was in his golden years and could be “on the beach” if he wanted to.
    Zegan told Politico that the fiberglass statue was made in Mexico over a period of six months in the resort town of Rosarito. He then took it to Tampa, where it was painted in chrome and then got a U-Haul to transport it to CPAC. “If someone offered me $100,000 I’d take it,” Zegan said.
    How the fuck can you ridicule these people?

It really ticks off several boxes that would infuriate the "Bible believing Christian patriots" if it were a statue of a Democrat.

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me." First Commandment? Broken!

It's a false idol. It's the Golden Calf of the Old Testament. Or Mooby from the movie Dogma, if you like. Second Commandment? Shattered!

It's a statue of a guy who is a walking, talking example of adultery and greed...7th and 10th? Busted!

It's breaking the Flag Code. I mean, these people freaked out when a football player didn't show sufficient reverence to the flag, but they're okay with it being used to cover up Golden Trump's nether regions.

It was made in Mexico.

But you know what? Someone is going to give him that 100 grand. Maybe even Trump himself.

3. Top | #13
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    But you know what? Someone is going to give him that 100 grand. Maybe even Trump himself.
    It;ll be a "campaign expense". Trump would never pay for that himself.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.

4. Top | #14
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The Florida Man campaign, maybe. Not FM.

5. Top | #15
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiploc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhyn View Post
    There's going to be a lot of talk (from Trump mostly, but others) about the election being "stolen" from them. I'm still not sure if Trump honestly believes this (I'm leaning towards he really does),
    That's not very Christian of you. Give him the benefit of the doubt; assume he's lying.
    I might be missing it, but I think you are both being sarcastic to the point of being silly.
    OF COURSE Trump knows it's a lie. He has operated from the start as if he knew it was a lie. He even ignored Putin's advice to go all in on the coup attempt, just in case it didn't work out.
    Saying he believes The Big Lie like saying he "believes" that the value of X asset is $Y when he declares its taxable value AND "believes" it is worth $3Y when he takes out a loan against it.

6. Top | #16
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiploc View Post

That's not very Christian of you. Give him the benefit of the doubt; assume he's lying.
    I might be missing it, but I think you are both being sarcastic to the point of being silly.
    OF COURSE Trump knows it's a lie. He has operated from the start as if he knew it was a lie. He even ignored Putin's advice to go all in on the coup attempt, just in case it didn't work out.
    Saying he believes The Big Lie like saying he "believes" that the value of X asset is $Y when he declares its taxable value AND "believes" it is worth $3Y when he takes out a loan against it.
    From what I understand, Trump has made it clear that if you want the endorsement of the Golden Calf for 2022, you must agree with him that the election was "stolen" from him and that he actually won. If you don't, you'll never get invited back to Mar A Lardo. He's also attacked everyone who voted against the challenges on January 6th, and threw Mike Pence to the mercy of the mob when he didn't switch any electoral votes. There's also the brow-beating call to the Georgia Secretary of State, and I'm certain that wasn't the only call he made to a Republican state official attempting to overturn the results. Hell, he called AZ Governor Ducey while he was busy certifying the state's vote count. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that his speech at CPAC is going to be a "the election was stolen from me" fest. He grasps the notion that he's not President anymore, and that he's not going to be President for at least the next 4 years, but I'm beginning to think he genuinely believes he won more votes than Biden, and that the result is due to massive fraud.

7. Top | #17
    Veteran Member
    OF COURSE Trump knows it's a lie.
    Never underestimate the power of denial.
    Tom

8. Top | #18
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    If they will themselves into permanent lunacy, it is better than the alternative: finding halfway sensible issues that will draw in the independent voters.

9. Top | #19
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ideologyhunter View Post
    If they will themselves into permanent lunacy, it is better than the alternative: finding halfway sensible issues that will draw in the independent voters.
    I would agree with that, if it were not for the fact that they have very nearly made electoral results irrelevant already. They know they can’t win an election, but now they also know that they can storm the Capitol and take over the government by force, at no risk.

10. Top | #20
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Facebook Video

These people are fucking nuts.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.