Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Animals That Speak

1. Top | #21
    Searching for reality along the long and winding road
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by southernhybrid View Post
    I have two pet birds who do speak. They say bye bye to me when they see me leaving the house. The say night night when I put them to bed. One says "Hi guy" whenever I walk into the room. She also says, "Stop that Kermit" if our two dogs bark, .............
    That is a missed opportunity. The best use of a talking bird is for shocking people by teaching it curse words and lewd expressions.

Or from an old Buffett song... "...set him on my shoulder and open up my trusty old mind. I'm gonna teach him how to cuss, teach him how to fuss and pull the cork out of a bottle of wine."

2. Top | #22
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    These remarkable parrots solved murder crimes, as witnesses telling all.

Prosecutors are using statements from a parrot as evidence in an upcoming rape and murder trial, it has been reported.

Elizabeth Toledo, 46, was allegedly raped and murdered in the city of San Fernando in the eastern Argentine region of Great Buenos Aires in December 2018.

A police officer was reportedly guarding the murder scene on December 30 while waiting for forensics experts to arrive when he heard the parrot say: "No, please, let me go."... The police believe the parrot was repeating its owner's last words as she was allegedly beaten and ...

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/wor...-last-22083622

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK6bSkJ66K8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Nf1zWJzTU

3. Top | #23
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skepticalbip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by southernhybrid View Post
    I have two pet birds who do speak. They say bye bye to me when they see me leaving the house. The say night night when I put them to bed. One says "Hi guy" whenever I walk into the room. She also says, "Stop that Kermit" if our two dogs bark, .............
    That is a missed opportunity. The best use of a talking bird is for shocking people by teaching it curse words and lewd expressions.

Or from an old Buffett song... "...set him on my shoulder and open up my trusty old mind. I'm gonna teach him how to cuss, teach him how to fuss and pull the cork out of a bottle of wine."
    My parrots have never been interested in learning what I want them to learn. They've always chosen which words or phrases to repeat. When we rescues the Grey, he could make the exact sound of a beer can opening up. His former slave was an alcoholic. The other thing that he said frequently was, "Damn bird". He stopped saying it shortly after we rescued him.

I know that some people are able to train parrots to do and say certain things, but I've never been able to teach my birds a damn thing. One used to say, "Apple, want some apple" whenever he saw me eating an apple, he wanted a piece. He doesn't even say that now and there are only certain types of apples that he likes. He's a spoiled brat.