Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Senior Australian Government Staff Caught Being Naughty

1. Top | #11
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Yup, they're being naughty.

Consensual sex in the workplace I'm fine with. Jacking off on somebody else's desk isn't acceptable, though.
    He did clean it up. Cum isn't magical. It goes away after cleaning.

I think it's troubling that this became a thing at all. It's a bit embarrassing, that's all. I don't think it's a big deal.

2. Top | #12
    the baby-eater
    Archived
    Total Posts
    A little more light shed on the government's attitude towards sexual assault:

Sue Hickey, the Speaker of the house in Tasmania, on comments made by federal government Senator Eric Abetz.

“On Monday the first of March at the Hobart City Council Citizenship Ceremony, I casually asked the Hon. Senator Eric Abetz if the Minister allegedly accused of the alleged rape that occurred around 30 years ago was the Hon. Christian Porter MP.

“The Senator quickly responded that “yes it was the First Law Officer of the Nation, Christian Porter, but not to worry, the woman is dead and the law will protect him.”

“He then said “as for that Higgins girl, anybody so disgustingly drunk who would sleep with anybody could have slept with one of our spies and put the security of the nation at risk.”
    Quoted in The Mercury, which has a paywall. Non-paywalled article from the ABC: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-...gins/100016180

3. Top | #13
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Archived
    Total Posts

4. Top | #14
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfield View Post
    A little more light shed on the government's alleged attitude towards sexual assault:

Sue Hickey, the Speaker of the house in Tasmania, on comments made by federal government Senator Eric Abetz.

“On Monday the first of March at the Hobart City Council Citizenship Ceremony, I casually asked the Hon. Senator Eric Abetz if the Minister allegedly accused of the alleged rape that occurred around 30 years ago was the Hon. Christian Porter MP.

“The Senator quickly responded that “yes it was the First Law Officer of the Nation, Christian Porter, but not to worry, the woman is dead and the law will protect him.”

“He then said “as for that Higgins girl, anybody so disgustingly drunk who would sleep with anybody could have slept with one of our spies and put the security of the nation at risk.”
    Quoted in The Mercury, which has a paywall. Non-paywalled article from the ABC: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-...gins/100016180
    FIFY

Note that I have much trouble taking seriously the word of any Aust. politician on any topic these days.
    NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

5. Top | #15
    the baby-eater
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigers! View Post
    Note that I have much trouble taking seriously the word of any Aust. politician on any topic these days.
    It's very easy to declare that all politicians are untrustworthy, but that kind of lazy cynicism is the lowest possible intellectual bar that anyone might attempt to clear.

6. Top | #16
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg View Post

Consensual sex in the workplace I'm fine with. Jacking off on somebody else's desk isn't acceptable, though.

I think it's troubling that this became a thing at all. It's a bit embarrassing, that's all. I don't think it's a big deal.
    Yeah, absolutely NO issue with someone jacking off on your desk if they clean it up. It doesn't demonstrate profound disrespect AT ALL. I'm sure that he was very thorough in cleaning it up after so there's absolutely zero mess or concern about any transmitted viruses. I have no idea how she found out that he jacked off on her desk.

7. Top | #17
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

So, you would not mind if someone jizzed, pissed or shat on your desk or desk chair, as long as they cleaned it up afterwards?

8. Top | #18
    Archived
    Total Posts
    In response to the recent March 4 Justice protests, which called for the government to take action on sexual harassment in workplaces, Morrison tried to deflect the issue by pointing how how good it was that the protesters weren't shot.

"Not far from here, such marches, even now are being met with bullets, but not here in this country," Mr Morrison told Parliament. "This is a triumph of democracy when we see these things take place."
    The comment is pretty awful by itself, but the underlying attitude is what matters: Morrison's habitual response is to dodge accountability.
    I'm not particularly politically active but this got me spewing emails in every direction.

The idea that we are a wonderful democracy because we don't shoot women who express the view that there should be some changes made just beggars belief.

9. Top | #19
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post

So, you would not mind if someone jizzed, pissed or shat on your desk or desk chair, as long as they cleaned it up afterwards?
    I see you are doing the "if we allow gay marriage we must also allow pedophilia" -rhetorical trick. Based on my statement there's no way you can infer that I'd be cool with pissing and shitting on my desk. Why did you even go there?

It's just an office wank. It's not a big deal. The guy had the a cosy little private time. He was alone. Nobody was hurt. Women do it to. Its not even a gender thing.

The guy who should be fired is the guy who made it public. That's a grade a fucking wanker. Who does that to someone else? If the woman who owns the desk hadn't found out, she wouldn't have been hurt. It's the guy who made it public who should be stoned by the press. I hate guys like that.

10. Top | #20
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigers! View Post
    It's very easy to declare that all politicians are untrustworthy, but that kind of lazy cynicism is the lowest possible intellectual bar that anyone might attempt to clear.
    And they make it so easy for the punters to be lazy and cynical with their words, actions behaivour etc.
    NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.