Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 435

Thread: Vermont prioritises BIPOC over white people for COVID-19 vaccine

  1. Top | #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    7,597
    Archived
    10,974
    Total Posts
    18,571
    Rep Power
    0

    Vermont prioritises BIPOC over white people for COVID-19 vaccine

    https://www.healthvermont.gov/covid-...vid-19-vaccine

    Vermont has decided the following groups are the priorities for COVID-19 vaccination:
    People 50 years and older



    People 16 years or older with high-risk health conditions



    Parents and primary caregivers of children with high-risk health conditions



    Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC)



    English language learners and people in immigrant/refugee communities



    Health care personnel and residents of long-term care facilities



    People who work in the public safety system



    School staff and child care workers

    I asked the chatbot:

    • Is it constitutional to prioritise BIPOC over white people?





      Sent at April 2 at 3:06 PM
      Just now


    • Bot said:Hello and welcome!
      Sent at April 2 at 3:06 PM
      Bot said:
      Hello and welcome!






      Sent at April 2 at 3:06 PM



    • Bot said:I identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous or a person of color). Am I eligible to get the vaccine? Yes. If you or anyone in your household identifies as Black, Indigenous, or a person of color (BIPOC), including anyone with Abenaki or other First Nations heritage, all household members who are 16 years or older can also sign up to get a vaccine. Find more details on how to make an appointment
      1 attachment.
      Sent at April 2 at 3:06 PM
      Press ENTER to interact.
      Bot said:
      I identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous or a person of color). Am I eligible to get the vaccine?
      Yes. If you or anyone in your household identifies as Black, Indigenous, or a person of color (BIPOC), including anyone with Abenaki or other First Nations heritage, all household members who are 16 years or older can also sign up to get a vaccine.
      Find more details on how to make an appointment.










    Which did not answer my question.

    Is this, in fact, Constitutional?

  2. Top | #2
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    20,370
    Archived
    15,686
    Total Posts
    36,056
    Rep Power
    91
    What, all five of them?

    Seriously, that list is extremely discriminatory and bigoted. So, par for the course for the Left Wing.

  3. Top | #3
    Contributor Trausti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    8,332
    Archived
    372
    Total Posts
    8,704
    Rep Power
    68
    Then just "identify" as whatever. If denied, it's an easy lawsuit.

  4. Top | #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    7,597
    Archived
    10,974
    Total Posts
    18,571
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Trausti View Post
    Then just "identify" as whatever. If denied, it's an easy lawsuit.
    Shouldn't it be a lawsuit anyway?

  5. Top | #5
    Contributor Trausti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    8,332
    Archived
    372
    Total Posts
    8,704
    Rep Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trausti View Post
    Then just "identify" as whatever. If denied, it's an easy lawsuit.
    Shouldn't it be a lawsuit anyway?
    Well, yeah. But a way to end Wokeness is to abuse its absurdities.

  6. Top | #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    7,597
    Archived
    10,974
    Total Posts
    18,571
    Rep Power
    0
    The list contains groups that clearly should get priority--such as people over 50 or with high-risk health conditions.

    I wonder why Vermont did not consider 'men' as a high risk group, given that men are more likely to die from COVID-19. But that would be bad discrimination.

  7. Top | #7
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    31,791
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    74,264
    Rep Power
    100

    Vermont prioritises BIPOC over white people for COVID-19 vaccine

    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    https://www.healthvermont.gov/covid-...vid-19-vaccine

    Vermont has decided the following groups are the priorities for COVID-19 vaccination:
    People 50 years and older



    People 16 years or older with high-risk health conditions



    Parents and primary caregivers of children with high-risk health conditions



    Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC)



    English language learners and people in immigrant/refugee communities



    Health care personnel and residents of long-term care facilities



    People who work in the public safety system



    School staff and child care workers

    I asked the chatbot:

    • Is it constitutional to prioritise BIPOC over white people?





      Sent at April 2 at 3:06 PM
      Just now


    • Bot said:Hello and welcome!
      Sent at April 2 at 3:06 PM
      Bot said:
      Hello and welcome!






      Sent at April 2 at 3:06 PM



    • Bot said:I identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous or a person of color). Am I eligible to get the vaccine? Yes. If you or anyone in your household identifies as Black, Indigenous, or a person of color (BIPOC), including anyone with Abenaki or other First Nations heritage, all household members who are 16 years or older can also sign up to get a vaccine. Find more details on how to make an appointment
      1 attachment.
      Sent at April 2 at 3:06 PM
      Press ENTER to interact.
      Bot said:
      I identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous or a person of color). Am I eligible to get the vaccine?
      Yes. If you or anyone in your household identifies as Black, Indigenous, or a person of color (BIPOC), including anyone with Abenaki or other First Nations heritage, all household members who are 16 years or older can also sign up to get a vaccine.
      Find more details on how to make an appointment.










    Which did not answer my question.

    Is this, in fact, Constitutional?
    Seeing that Vermont is probably around 95% white (looked it up, 93%), this isn’t a bad idea at at all.

    What is the deal with all the bed wetting by some people? They root around for news like this like a pig for truffles. They find a story on their White Rage news aggregator and start pissing their pants and snorting.

    Oh, I have to share this with everyone! This’ll prove white people really are the victims here.

  8. Top | #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    7,597
    Archived
    10,974
    Total Posts
    18,571
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    https://www.healthvermont.gov/covid-...vid-19-vaccine

    Vermont has decided the following groups are the priorities for COVID-19 vaccination:
    People 50 years and older



    People 16 years or older with high-risk health conditions



    Parents and primary caregivers of children with high-risk health conditions



    Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC)



    English language learners and people in immigrant/refugee communities



    Health care personnel and residents of long-term care facilities



    People who work in the public safety system



    School staff and child care workers

    I asked the chatbot:

    • Is it constitutional to prioritise BIPOC over white people?





      Sent at April 2 at 3:06 PM
      Just now


    • Bot said:Hello and welcome!
      Sent at April 2 at 3:06 PM
      Bot said:
      Hello and welcome!






      Sent at April 2 at 3:06 PM



    • Bot said:I identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous or a person of color). Am I eligible to get the vaccine? Yes. If you or anyone in your household identifies as Black, Indigenous, or a person of color (BIPOC), including anyone with Abenaki or other First Nations heritage, all household members who are 16 years or older can also sign up to get a vaccine. Find more details on how to make an appointment
      1 attachment.
      Sent at April 2 at 3:06 PM
      Press ENTER to interact.
      Bot said:
      I identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous or a person of color). Am I eligible to get the vaccine?
      Yes. If you or anyone in your household identifies as Black, Indigenous, or a person of color (BIPOC), including anyone with Abenaki or other First Nations heritage, all household members who are 16 years or older can also sign up to get a vaccine.
      Find more details on how to make an appointment.










    Which did not answer my question.

    Is this, in fact, Constitutional?
    Seeing that Vermont is probably around 95% white (looked it up, 93%), this isn’t a bad idea at at all.

    What is the deal with all the bed wetting by some people? They root around for news like this like a pig for truffles. They find a story on their White Rage news aggregator and start pissing their pants and snorting.

    Oh, I have to share this with everyone! This’ll prove white people really are the victims here.
    What makes the State discriminating by race "not a bad idea at all"?

    What makes you so angry about being alerted to Vermont's discrimination by race against white people?

  9. Top | #9
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Do you like my pretty crown?
    Posts
    25,265
    Archived
    3,034
    Total Posts
    28,299
    Rep Power
    100
    This is why BIPOC are prioritized:



    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ethnicity.html
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

    Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.

  10. Top | #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    7,597
    Archived
    10,974
    Total Posts
    18,571
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    So, on that basis, Asians should be de-prioritised from the other BIPOC.

    According to this link:
    https://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2020/20_0247.htm

    the death rate from COVID-19 was 2.4x higher in men than in women, which is as high as the BIPOC (excluding Asian) compared to white people.

    Would you support Vermont adding men over 16 as a priority group, based on morbidity data?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •