Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: C Compilers

  1. Top | #21
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Land of Smiles
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Swammerdami View Post
    Co-workers were mostly Berkeleyites and the default .cshrc they gave us beginners had a line
    . . . alias vi ed
    I see this makes no sense! The actual alias hidden in our default .cshrc's was
    . . . alias ed ex

  2. Top | #22
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    6,876
    Rep Power
    21
    When I my first class in software class, FORAN, I'd keypunch the cards, drop the deck off at the school computer center, and come back later for a printout,.

  3. Top | #23
    Elder Contributor barbos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mlky Way galaxy
    Posts
    11,828
    Archived
    8,047
    Total Posts
    19,875
    Rep Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post
    When I my first class in software class, FORAN, I'd keypunch the cards, drop the deck off at the school computer center, and come back later for a printout,.
    You mean FORTRAN.

  4. Top | #24
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    6,876
    Rep Power
    21
    MS Visual Studio is very good. A lot of effort creating useful features.

    I have one problem. x^y does not work and I can not figure out why. pow(x,y) works fine.

    I looked on the net and found 1 report of a similar problem.

  5. Top | #25
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    5,151
    Archived
    6,261
    Total Posts
    11,412
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post
    MS Visual Studio is very good. A lot of effort creating useful features.

    I have one problem. x^y does not work and I can not figure out why. pow(x,y) works fine.

    I looked on the net and found 1 report of a similar problem.
    There's no power operator in C/C++. x^y means bitwise XOR.

  6. Top | #26
    Elder Contributor barbos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mlky Way galaxy
    Posts
    11,828
    Archived
    8,047
    Total Posts
    19,875
    Rep Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post
    MS Visual Studio is very good. A lot of effort creating useful features.

    I have one problem. x^y does not work and I can not figure out why. pow(x,y) works fine.

    I looked on the net and found 1 report of a similar problem.
    There's no power operator in C/C++. x^y means bitwise XOR.
    Well, there is power operator for x=2 and y=[0,1,2,3,....]
    2^x=1<<x

  7. Top | #27
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    6,876
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post
    MS Visual Studio is very good. A lot of effort creating useful features.

    I have one problem. x^y does not work and I can not figure out why. pow(x,y) works fine.

    I looked on the net and found 1 report of a similar problem.
    There's no power operator in C/C++. x^y means bitwise XOR.
    Bitwise OR is | ,AND &. Logical OR || AND && jn C.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •