View Poll Results: What Do You Think The Jury Will Do?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Murder in the 2nd Degree

    4 30.77%
  • Manslaughter

    4 30.77%
  • Not Guilty

    1 7.69%
  • Hung Jury

    1 7.69%
  • Murder in the 3rd Degree

    3 23.08%
Page 20 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 788

Thread: George Floyd murderer's trial

  1. Top | #191
    Content Thief Elixir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    16,481
    Archived
    707
    Total Posts
    17,188
    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Don2 (Don1 Revised) View Post
    Chauvin's corrupt experts are not going to be able to provide a good excuse for Chauvin's willful indifference to his own murdering of Floyd.
    They won't be required to. They'll simply argue that Floyd was on the brink of death, and would have died anyhow, so...
    They only need one idiot. ONE. And there are so many.

  2. Top | #192
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Recluse
    Posts
    11,313
    Archived
    9,040
    Total Posts
    20,353
    Rep Power
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Don2 (Don1 Revised) View Post

    Why do you not care about this unfair trial committed by Chauvin against Floyd and Chauvin's unfair advantages in court?
    This is an interesting question because many of the respondents say nothing about that. And several even judge Floyd “guilty” of crimes that justify his death. It’s sad to watch what they will argue for - and what they won’t.

  3. Top | #193
    Liberal Rastafarian Gospel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    895
    Archived
    138
    Total Posts
    1,033
    Rep Power
    51
    This comment is solely for DrZoidberg. Worry not brother, the Jury selection process aims to find people that have been spending the last 2 decades of their lives with either their heads in the sand or up their asses. The interviews are structured in a way that filters out anyone who may already have their minds made up about the case (in any way; even if it has nothing to do with the case itself) but also has some experience in relevant fields related to the case (as best can be done). Every US citizen has to sign up for Jury duty and (to my knowledge) a profile like the one you created on this forum is available for the Courts to select from.

    Don't take my word for It, I'm just a legal Immigrant (Jamaican) who hasn't a faint idea of how the Jury system works here. I'm talking out of my ass

  4. Top | #194
    Member Coleman Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Center of the Universe
    Posts
    177
    Archived
    789
    Total Posts
    966
    Rep Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhyn View Post

    If you want a trial you can win, don't murder someone on camera.
    Or have your cell phone on you and turned on at the scene.

    Watch the murder channel and you will see all kinds of stupid things that criminals do.

    In my own case a criminal stole my CC at the gym while wearing an ankle bracelet.
    He was also wearing the ankle bracelet when he used it.

    He was a desperate drug addict.
    People who believe that the universe was created by an intelligent deity should pay closer attention to the evening news.

  5. Top | #195
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,546
    Archived
    17,741
    Total Posts
    28,287
    Rep Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don2 (Don1 Revised) View Post

    Why do you not care about this unfair trial committed by Chauvin against Floyd and Chauvin's unfair advantages in court?
    This is an interesting question because many of the respondents say nothing about that. And several even judge Floyd “guilty” of crimes that justify his death. It’s sad to watch what they will argue for - and what they won’t.
    Conservative fears are based on paranoia about changing status quo power structure. If you think about it, they complain, "Democrats won. They are going to take our speech away!" What is more than taking speech away than death. The fears are liberals will be the judges and politicians and BLM a mob police force doling out violence. That's the fear of the riots. But what actually happened here and for centuries? White people and wealthy have been in charge, even if there's a minority cop here and there. Chauvin and the right-wing mob decided Floyd was a bad guy, a very bad guy. No due process. Certainty that he committed crimes and was on drugs. He was physically dangerous the paramilitary gang decided, regardless of written laws and policies and rights. The police were the violent mob. The rational observers were the people, the democracy, the expert witnesses. The jury. They declared a man has a right to life and to save Floyd. But the kangaroo court overturned the jury of peers' rational conclusion. The kangaroo court deliberated and life-risking violence was the over-ruling over the intelligent, observant people. This is exactly the kind of thing conservatives fear, but assuming it comes from Antifa and BLM but the Right wing is doing it. They always have. And now they are having their day in court with ALL the advantages they have always had. The implicit bias against a black male victim. The wealth from Chauvin corrupting expert witnesses that we will observe in just a few days. There is hardly a structural change that has led us to this point. We only got here because of a cell phone recording. Otherwise, there'd be worse stories about Floyd. Like that he was reaching for Chauvin's gun. So now that a white person is on trial, we see screaming that it isn't fair because of this intense fear, but it's a vast mental projection of their own unfairness because the traditional advantages are still in place.

  6. Top | #196
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Land of Smiles
    Posts
    1,054
    Rep Power
    15
    IANAL and wasn't sure if Chauvin is guilty of murder or just manslaughter. But when I saw the photo of him smirking hands-in-pockets while killing Floyd, I decided that, albeit "unintentional," this was Depraved-heart murder (which I first heard of in connection with the 2012 killing of Trayvon Martin).

    Quote Originally Posted by Don2 (Don1 Revised) View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg View Post
    But he's still not going to get a fair trial.
    No, a fair trial would be one where Chauvin cannot use his money to hire corrupt experts to agree with the defense merely because they are getting money. That's what is going to happen here. Money decides defense. It's unfair to George Floyd.
    I suppose the prosecution is going all-out, spending money to win a conviction. But Chauvin? I don't think he's wealthy: Are his lawyers being paid by the Proud Boys, or some such? Do police unions pay for such defense? (Should it even be legal for such a union to pay?)

    I've clicked on a trial YouTube just once; I saw the world's top expert on human lungs. He seemed pretty certain that Floyd died from lack of oxygen, the lack resulting from three (3) specific faults in Chauvin's treatment of the suspect.

    That expert testified for free. I wonder if defense will make something of that: "He must be a cop hater or he'd have asked for money to help convict."

  7. Top | #197
    Contributor DrZoidberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    9,106
    Archived
    5,746
    Total Posts
    14,852
    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Gospel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg View Post

    But why does it matter? How would such evidence be collected? What would count as evidence? You're making absurd demands. You've created a test that cannot be disproven and use it to prove that the test is successful.



    Yes, exactly!!! These rulings trigger riots. And everybody knows it.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg View Post
    My position is not the one that is nuts here.
    First you argue my case for me, and then you say this. I'd say that's pretty crazy
    You made so much of a mess of this post I won't be arsed to fix it to reply entirely. I already said (in your defense I said it to Loren) how the evidence can be collected. It can be collected from any single Jury member from cases going back as far as 2 centuries. All you have to do is find just one Jury member who made the statement that they ruled in favor of a black victim out of fear of Riots (doesn't need to be verbatim). That's a lot of people to choose from. To think that you can't find a single person who was a member of a Jury in a window of 2 centuries making said statement as evidence for your claim should be a clue for you, bruh.

    You seem to not even realize that you're the one that made a claim here and I asked for proof. I'm even offering you an idea of where to find your proof and you're calling my offer (which is generous as fuck btw) absurd demands. lol
    Sigh

  8. Top | #198
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,546
    Archived
    17,741
    Total Posts
    28,287
    Rep Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Swammerdami View Post
    IANAL and wasn't sure if Chauvin is guilty of murder or just manslaughter. But when I saw the photo of him smirking hands-in-pockets while killing Floyd, I decided that, albeit "unintentional," this was Depraved-heart murder (which I first heard of in connection with the 2012 killing of Trayvon Martin).

    Quote Originally Posted by Don2 (Don1 Revised) View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg View Post
    But he's still not going to get a fair trial.
    No, a fair trial would be one where Chauvin cannot use his money to hire corrupt experts to agree with the defense merely because they are getting money. That's what is going to happen here. Money decides defense. It's unfair to George Floyd.
    I suppose the prosecution is going all-out, spending money to win a conviction. But Chauvin? I don't think he's wealthy: Are his lawyers being paid by the Proud Boys, or some such? Do police unions pay for such defense? (Should it even be legal for such a union to pay?)

    I've clicked on a trial YouTube just once; I saw the world's top expert on human lungs. He seemed pretty certain that Floyd died from lack of oxygen, the lack resulting from three (3) specific faults in Chauvin's treatment of the suspect.

    That expert testified for free. I wonder if defense will make something of that: "He must be a cop hater or he'd have asked for money to help convict."
    There are experts who pretty much have court expertise as a side hustle. You don't really need to be a billionaire to get them. I probably should have worded it differently but poor people tend to get pressured into plea bargains. My understanding is Chauvin's father had money, but Chauvin is covered by the Minnesota Police and Peace Officers Association. The problem of experts for hire is a systemic issue imo.

  9. Top | #199
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,445
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Swammerdami View Post
    IANAL and wasn't sure if Chauvin is guilty of murder or just manslaughter. But when I saw the photo of him smirking hands-in-pockets while killing Floyd, I decided that, albeit "unintentional," this was Depraved-heart murder (which I first heard of in connection with the 2012 killing of Trayvon Martin).

    Quote Originally Posted by Don2 (Don1 Revised) View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg View Post
    But he's still not going to get a fair trial.
    No, a fair trial would be one where Chauvin cannot use his money to hire corrupt experts to agree with the defense merely because they are getting money. That's what is going to happen here. Money decides defense. It's unfair to George Floyd.
    I suppose the prosecution is going all-out, spending money to win a conviction. But Chauvin? I don't think he's wealthy: Are his lawyers being paid by the Proud Boys, or some such? Do police unions pay for such defense? (Should it even be legal for such a union to pay?)

    I've clicked on a trial YouTube just once; I saw the world's top expert on human lungs. He seemed pretty certain that Floyd died from lack of oxygen, the lack resulting from three (3) specific faults in Chauvin's treatment of the suspect.

    That expert testified for free. I wonder if defense will make something of that: "He must be a cop hater or he'd have asked for money to help convict."
    That was Dr. Tuttle (SP), the world's leading Pulmonologist. He wrote what the industry calls "the bible of mechanical respiration"... a 1500 page textbook for clinical physicians.
    What is the defense going to do, get a first year medical student to say its possible Floyd was a dead man walking in exchange for paying the rest of his tuition?
    Think that'll fly with any of the jurors in light of the caliber of testimony on the plaintiff's side?

  10. Top | #200
    Liberal Rastafarian Gospel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    895
    Archived
    138
    Total Posts
    1,033
    Rep Power
    51
    With all the evidence and testimony from professionals being unfavorable to Chauvin, I still believe he will get acquitted, a City will burn, George Floyd will be referenced during future cases on social media/message boards & Chauvin will sue and be compensated. That's the bizarro America I'm used to.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •