Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Okay, I'll say it, Psaki is hot!

1. Top | #1
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

Lightbulb Okay, I'll say it, Psaki is hot!

I've never really found the position of White House Press Secretary particularly appealing, but Jen Psaki is so unbelievably sharp and witty and prepared that I can't help but find her hot.

These days the far right wing has an unacceptable number of "reporters" in the White House Press Corp, all with aims to embarrassing Biden or trying to create a scandal. And Psaki is capable of calmly and even more swiftly, dissecting them and moving on, without breaking a sweat.. The intelligence and preparedness required to perform like that is substantial.

2. Top | #2
    It's almost as though Biden found all the "best people", and weirder still, hasn't felt obliged to fire any them in a fit of rage yet. What's up with that?
    "Banish me from Eden when you will, but first let me eat of the tree of knowledge."

3. Top | #3
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I could do without the “up talking” though.

4. Top | #4
    That's an interesting combination. From her resume she appears to be a professional communications director.

5. Top | #5
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    I've never really found the position of White House Press Secretary particularly appealing, but Jen Psaki is so unbelievably sharp and witty and prepared that I can't help but find her hot.

These days the far right wing has an unacceptable number of "reporters" in the White House Press Corp, all with aims to embarrassing Biden or trying to create a scandal. And Psaki is capable of calmly and even more swiftly, dissecting them and moving on, without breaking a sweat.. The intelligence and preparedness required to perform like that is substantial.
    Agree 100%.
    Operating in the arena of the Press Room, Psaki reminds me of nothing morehan a modern-day Boudica.

Her deft handling of the clumsy haymakers launched at her by the agents of the right, is a wonder to behold.
    The fact that right wingers find such competent women disgusting and scary makes her even more respectable and .. yeah - hotter.

6. Top | #6
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Treedbear View Post
    That's an interesting combination. From her resume she appears to be a professional communications director.
    Hybrid vigor trumps racial purity.
    Tom

7. Top | #7
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post

She is a refreshing change. The last 4 years were a string of professional liars whose tactics included dodging questions, changing the subject, responding with unrelated talking points, and attacking the questioner.

Psaki reminds me a bit of Pete Buttigieg when he was doing debates and town hall events. He would actually answer the question with a well-thought out response. Usually candidates would say "that's a great question" and launch into talking points that didn't really address the question. Pete answered the questions directly.

Psaki does that more often than not. She is still a press secretary, and her job is to convey the administration's policies and positions to the press, but unlike Trump's mouthpieces, she doesn't see herself as an adversary to the press corps.

8. Top | #8
    Archived
    Total Posts
    It is going to be a long four years for the right wingers whackjobs at these press conferences. Watching them deflate as Psaki slaps them down is going to a regular part of the entertainment at these press conferences. I await the inevitable compilation of her best efforts that is going to be sure to come to Youtube some day.
    Cheerful Charlie

9. Top | #9
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy Man View Post
    I could do without the “up talking” though.
    I am certain that will improve - if she cares, that is. It's the lowest hanging fruit possible, as far as improving her performance.
    Yes, habits are hard to break, but that one (and any other repeated inflection) can be readily broken just by listening to yourself until it really REALLY bugs you.
    Commercial voice training 101 harps on it from day one. When I was on-air, there were two other air "personalities" at the station cluster who helped a lot. For a couple years we kept each other straight, pointing out, mocking and even doing on-air impressions of each other's habitual inflections. To this day, when called upon to speak at any length at all, I am hyper-aware of my own repeats of inflection and become embarrassed by it very quickly even if nobody else notices.

10. Top | #10
    Archived
    Total Posts
    She was very popular in Russia during her work for Obama administration.