My proposal here is serious, and important. I hope fellow TFT'ers will work on the details, make the prose more acceptable, and ask Biden and the D's to follow through.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis 18:32-33
And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten [righteous men] shall be found [in the sinful city of Sodom]. And [the Lord] said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake. And the Lord went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.
A 60-40 split in the Senate will be much better than the 50-50 split we have now. I propose a Coalition of the Sane: Fifty D's and Ten sane Republican Senators, if they can be found. Some Republican Senators profess to be interested in bipartisanship. I propose that the D's make a serious offer, and challenge the R's to put up or shut up. The goal would NOT be to compromise with Moscow Mitch and other hateful corporate whores, bu tto find just TEN R's with the interests of American people at heart.

I am NOT asking the ten R's to renounce their "principles." I am only asking them to commit to a statement like the following:
While obviously the patriot Donald J. Trump would be superior to the semi-Marxist Biden, we are stuck with Biden for four years. He's not really quite as bad as Gore, Obama, Hillary, and the other communists leading the D's. We want to help the majority party to lead our country forward. Our participation may help temper the D agenda, and allow compromise with wholesome Republican values.
I am NOT asking the ten Republicans to formally caucus with the D's, just to work with the American people instead of against them. Republicans say they are interested in bipartisanship: Can ten R Senators be found for whom this is not just lying tripe?

We would want the Ten R's to be good-spirited pro-American Senators. (I don't know if we can find that many.) They would be encouraged to submit amendments to Biden's legislation and work towards real compromise. As proof of their loyalty to the Coalition of the Sane, we'd ask the Ten to vote for a new federal Voting Rights Act to undo the cheating in places like Georgia. We'd take their input on the stimulus seriously, provided they made some guarantee they will vote Yea on the relevant roll calls.

If a few such R's CANNOT be found, the D's can say "We tried; F*** 'em!" This would be the signal that R's only want to obstruct; no further calls for "bipartisanship" would be heeded; and the D's would push on unilaterally, replacing the Senate Parliamentarian if necessary.