Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Putin's invasion force on Ukrainian border

1. Top | #31
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Nothing to watch in Russia, so I watch CNN, of course I skip ads and often use it as background noise.

2. Top | #32
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    Everyone always states that Putin is this 3level chess player master plaster man.
    I think he is well past his prime in that regard.
    Right now, Putin looks like a weak ruler operating from a place of weakness. And that's what's scary about him at the moment.

China is way ahead of everyone else as far as expansion. There's probably no catching them. They'll be in total control of the African continent before long. Trump ceding it as a collection of "shithole countries" helped them along, but 'Murka has shown little interest in investing there for decades.
    Agreed. He's further pushing Eastern Europe to the west. He forcing them to bind together. He's uniting Eastern Europe against Russia.

3. Top | #33
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Everyone always states that Putin is this 3level chess player master plaster man.
    He has always being slightly above average as a manager. It's his luck and above average staying power which invokes this stupid 3D chess analogy.
    But I agree, he is past his prime, not Brezhnev yet of course. Brezhnev had a stroke.
    Term limits are a good thing. Chinese made a mistake abolishing limits for their boss.
    I wonder what would have happened if US had prevented Saakashvili from starting a War with Russia and was in general less aggressive. Putin might have retired.

4. Top | #34
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Right now, Putin looks like a weak ruler operating from a place of weakness. And that's what's scary about him at the moment.

China is way ahead of everyone else as far as expansion. There's probably no catching them. They'll be in total control of the African continent before long. Trump ceding it as a collection of "shithole countries" helped them along, but 'Murka has shown little interest in investing there for decades.
    Agreed. He's further pushing Eastern Europe to the west. He forcing them to bind together. He's uniting Eastern Europe against Russia.
    Yeah, this GRU shit is not helping at all. Putin has to understand that at some point these operations are simply counterproductive to say the least.

5. Top | #35
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post

Yeah, this GRU shit is not helping at all. Putin has to understand that at some point these operations are simply counterproductive to say the least.
    Well, I think the larger issue here is that the protestors in Russia are in a very dangerous spot. Putin is trying to find ways to defuse the protests, and clamping down hard on them is probably coming.

6. Top | #36
    Industrial Grade Linguist Copernicus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post

Well, I think the larger issue here is that the protestors in Russia are in a very dangerous spot. Putin is trying to find ways to defuse the protests, and clamping down hard on them is probably coming.
    After today's news that Navalny is ending his hunger strike, tensions may settle down. It seems that the number of protesters across the country, although very large in some cities, was less than the 500,000 that organizers had predicted. Putin may find it in his best interest to let Navalny live a little longer and concentrate more on repairing his image at home and abroad. He has a long way to go on that.