Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: Biden expels Russian diplomats and imposes sanctions

  1. Top | #21
    Industrial Grade Linguist Copernicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    2,706
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post
    That's nice. Should we expect apologies from MSM?
    I can't recall any article in the MSM that claimed there was definitive evidence of bounties. It was always clear that reports of bounties were based on rumors and leaks from the intelligence community during the Trump administration. Biden said he would raise the issue with Putin, which he did. But he has also made a point of saying that the intelligence reports were not based on strong evidence. Now the MSM is also updating its reporting on the the claims. Russia, of course, denies the charges, but the credibility of the Russian government has been ruined by past behavior that it continues to gaslight about even today--e.g. Putin's assassination campaigns, election meddling in the US and elsewhere, the invasion of Ukraine, etc.

  2. Top | #22
    Elder Contributor barbos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mlky Way galaxy
    Posts
    11,986
    Archived
    8,047
    Total Posts
    20,033
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post
    That's nice. Should we expect apologies from MSM?
    I can't recall any article in the MSM that claimed there was definitive evidence of bounties.
    Really? They were foaming as if it was a scientific fact.

    but the credibility of the Russian government has been ruined by past behavior that it continues to gaslight about even today--e.g. Putin's assassination campaigns, election meddling in the US and elsewhere, the invasion of Ukraine, etc.
    I will give "assassination campaign". The rest is on MSM.

  3. Top | #23
    Elder Contributor barbos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mlky Way galaxy
    Posts
    11,986
    Archived
    8,047
    Total Posts
    20,033
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post
    That's nice. Should we expect apologies from MSM?
    No. The conclusion that Russia perpetrated that attack was reasonable given the evidence available, even if it wasn't conclusive.
    Relly? Fucking raghead lied to get off the afghan prison and, that's your evidence. You have been in Afhganistran for 20 years and have not learned a single thing.
    Russia has been a 100% malevolent. destructive influence on American society and American interests since the end of WWII, that, combined with the fact of their known capabilities, is sufficient to point the finger squarely at them.
    So did US.

  4. Top | #24
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post
    Attack the messenger, not the substance
    OK.
    Anatol Lieven is a professor in Georgetown University’s School of Foreign Service in Qatar. He is also a visiting professor in the War Studies Department of King’s College London, a senior fellow of the New America Foundation in Washington DC, and a member of the Valdai discussion club in Russia.
    The story is that a Russian asset that resides in Russia wrote something pro-Russia. Film at 11.

  5. Top | #25
    Industrial Grade Linguist Copernicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    2,706
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post
    but the credibility of the Russian government has been ruined by past behavior that it continues to gaslight about even today--e.g. Putin's assassination campaigns, election meddling in the US and elsewhere, the invasion of Ukraine, etc.
    I will give "assassination campaign". The rest is on MSM.
    Yes, those stories and the assassination campaign have all been "on MSM". That's actually what the MSM does--report the news. And it took a long time for you to come around to the position that you could "give" on the assassination campaign. After they published the pictures of the two Russian "tourists" who carried out the attack on the Skripals, you saw it was hopeless to deny the obvious. But you are still gaslighting on the other stories.

  6. Top | #26
    Elder Contributor barbos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mlky Way galaxy
    Posts
    11,986
    Archived
    8,047
    Total Posts
    20,033
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post
    Attack the messenger, not the substance
    OK.
    Anatol Lieven is a professor in Georgetown University’s School of Foreign Service in Qatar. He is also a visiting professor in the War Studies Department of King’s College London, a senior fellow of the New America Foundation in Washington DC, and a member of the Valdai discussion club in Russia.
    The story is that a Russian asset that resides in Russia wrote something pro-Russia. Film at 11.
    He is a british guy living/working in US I understand.

  7. Top | #27
    Elder Contributor barbos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mlky Way galaxy
    Posts
    11,986
    Archived
    8,047
    Total Posts
    20,033
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post
    but the credibility of the Russian government has been ruined by past behavior that it continues to gaslight about even today--e.g. Putin's assassination campaigns, election meddling in the US and elsewhere, the invasion of Ukraine, etc.
    I will give "assassination campaign". The rest is on MSM.
    Yes, those stories and the assassination campaign have all been "on MSM". That's actually what the MSM does--report the news. And it took a long time for you to come around to the position that you could "give" on the assassination campaign. After they published the pictures of the two Russian "tourists" who carried out the attack on the Skripals, you saw it was hopeless to deny the obvious. But you are still gaslighting on the other stories.
    No, I am reporting that US intelligence finally admitted that their bounty data is of "low to medium" confidence. Not even "high confidence" and "high confidence" is not really that high actually if you look at their definition.
    Again, MSM has a habit of forgetting about stories where they were wrong. This is because there is nobody who can hold them accountable when it comes to Russia.

  8. Top | #28
    Industrial Grade Linguist Copernicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    2,706
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post

    Yes, those stories and the assassination campaign have all been "on MSM". That's actually what the MSM does--report the news. And it took a long time for you to come around to the position that you could "give" on the assassination campaign. After they published the pictures of the two Russian "tourists" who carried out the attack on the Skripals, you saw it was hopeless to deny the obvious. But you are still gaslighting on the other stories.
    No, I am reporting that US intelligence finally admitted that their bounty data is of "low to medium" confidence. Not even "high confidence" and "high confidence" is not really that high actually if you look at their definition.
    Again, MSM has a habit of forgetting about stories where they were wrong. This is because there is nobody who can hold them accountable when it comes to Russia.
    The US President set the record straight. Most news organizations merely did what they always do--report the facts as they know them. If you are so concerned about the MSM, then show some concern for who holds the Russian MSM accountable. As far as anyone can tell, it is Vladimir Putin, and he only holds them accountable for reporting what he does not want them to report. That is the MSM that you appear to put your faith and confidence in. Journalists in Russia have lost their lives for failing to understand that, and one of them now apparently lies dying in a Russian prison for daring to defy him.

  9. Top | #29
    Elder Contributor barbos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mlky Way galaxy
    Posts
    11,986
    Archived
    8,047
    Total Posts
    20,033
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post

    Yes, those stories and the assassination campaign have all been "on MSM". That's actually what the MSM does--report the news. And it took a long time for you to come around to the position that you could "give" on the assassination campaign. After they published the pictures of the two Russian "tourists" who carried out the attack on the Skripals, you saw it was hopeless to deny the obvious. But you are still gaslighting on the other stories.
    No, I am reporting that US intelligence finally admitted that their bounty data is of "low to medium" confidence. Not even "high confidence" and "high confidence" is not really that high actually if you look at their definition.
    Again, MSM has a habit of forgetting about stories where they were wrong. This is because there is nobody who can hold them accountable when it comes to Russia.
    The US President set the record straight.
    Did he? I mean did he set ALL records straight?
    Most news organizations merely did what they always do--report the facts as they know them.
    Did they? All I hear is crickets.
    If you are so concerned about the MSM, then show some concern for who holds the Russian MSM accountable.
    There is no MSM in Russia, they all under government control one way or another. What's your excuse?

  10. Top | #30
    Industrial Grade Linguist Copernicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    2,706
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by barbos View Post
    ...
    There is no MSM in Russia, they all under government control one way or another. What's your excuse?
    My excuse is that I live in a part of the world where the MSM is not under government control. If you choose not to label the mainstream news outlets in Russia "MSM" because they are under government control (primarily through self-censorship, as is the case in other authoritarian regimes), that is your choice. It still strongly influences your beliefs and your politics, especially concerning topics like Ukraine and Russian interference in US elections. I have far more confidence in our MSM, with all its flaws, than in Russian news sources.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •