Thread: Male Startup Blasted on Social Media for Creating a Period Glove

1. Top | #51
    Searching for reality along the long and winding road
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by southernhybrid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skepticalbip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharmas View Post
    My wife and I enjoy pampering each other – doing little things that say “I’m thinking of you.” Putting the toilet seat down is such a little thing. I can’t imagine why so many men get up in arms over it. It’s certainly not the hill I’m going to die on in the so-called "battle of the sexes."
    I agree completely, also thinking the same way. However, sometimes there are unintended lapses. It is the women that make such a big issue of toilet seat position, criticizing men for any lapse that I have problems with. I have never lived with such a woman but have heard of and from them.

Yours sounds like a healthy relationship. One where your wife wouldn't raise hell if you occasionally forget to lower the toilet seat.
    Do wives actually raise hell if their husbands forget to put the seat back in the appropriate position? .......
    Yes.

Most wives, like most people in general, are reasonable, considerate, and wouldn't think of raising hell over something so trivial. But I know a few men who were not fortunate enough to be married to a reasonable mate.

There are controlling, irrational people of both sexes. Thankfully, most people aren't like that and I try to avoid those who are.

2. Top | #52
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The toilet seat thing is not much more than a trope. The more suggestible among us will fall right into it and think it offers useful information about reality, a process that is easier than skepticism and most of the time doesn't harm us, at least not in blatant ways that our brains can ignore, and so they persist.
    The Authoritarians

Donald Trump was the fat line of coke conservatives snorted, thinking it would boost their energy and weight loss. Now they're waking up in a cheap motel room, picking at their scabs and denying that they have a problem.

3. Top | #53
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post

Getting up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom does not necessarily mean being fully awake. It is indeed extremely unpleasant to find, just a little too late, that someone failed to return the seat to it's proper position.
    Yes, in the middle of the night men are not fully awake either. But that would be a piss poor excuse for them to not check the seat position before pissing. Should men blame whoever didn't raise the seat for their pissing on it since they were extremely groggy with sleep so didn't check the seat's position?
    If men fell into the toilet in the middle of the night they might develop something like consideration for others. Apparently empathy is too much to expect. But perhaps consideration might be taught. I wonder how many laxatives in the main course of dinner it would take????

4. Top | #54
    Might be a replicant Emily Lake's Avatar
    Northern Hemisphere, Bordering the Pacific

Getting up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom does not necessarily mean being fully awake. It is indeed extremely unpleasant to find, just a little too late, that someone failed to return the seat to it's proper position.
    Yes, in the middle of the night men are not fully awake either. But that would be a piss poor excuse for them to not check the seat position before pissing. Should men blame whoever didn't raise the seat for their pissing on it since they were extremely groggy with sleep so didn't check the seat's position?
    If men fell into the toilet in the middle of the night they might develop something like consideration for others. Apparently empathy is too much to expect. But perhaps consideration might be taught. I wonder how many laxatives in the main course of dinner it would take????
    We compromised. I look before I sit... and he cleans the toilet. Most of the mess is his anyway. I think that division of labor is a lot of what led to him deciding to sit when he pees about 15 years ago. Less mess to clean up that way.

5. Top | #55
    Searching for reality along the long and winding road
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Lake View Post
    We compromised. I look before I sit... and he cleans the toilet. Most of the mess is his anyway.
    Now that sounds like a rational compromise, if there is any conflict. Much more sane than blaming men for the results of one's lack of attention then suggesting dosing that evil male with laxative as punishment. The latter sounds like a touch of misandry. Before I lost my wife, cleaning the bathroom was 'my job', not because there was any issue with the toilet seat but because she didn't like that particular task.