Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dumb Ass Thread

1. Top | #1
    Contributor

The Dumb Ass Thread

This morning I cracked an egg, put it in a cup and threw the shell in the garbage can. I cracked the second egg and gropped it in the garbage can instead of the cup.

Is this just me?

Post your moments.

2. Top | #2
    I always follow a printed recipe but just because I measure out the right amount doesn't mean it will end up in the food.

3. Top | #3
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I have looked for something that I was holding in my hand....beat that.

4. Top | #4
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I think I can. I was heating up spaghetti sauce in a nice new saucepan at my parents' house, was curious as to the pan's country of origin, and...turned it over to look. I wasn't stoned/lit/missing my glasses, although it was Friday evening after a long week of teaching. I was, simply, exhausted to the bone. When my dad asked how I had spilled so much sauce on the stove top, I decided not to tell him the truth.

5. Top | #5
    the baby-eater
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I burned my fingers pretty badly by ladling stew into a ramekin, while holding the ramekin over the pot because I didn't want to spill any stew on the bench.

When we moved into our house, I didn't know how to prune roses and ended up decapitating three of our roses standard. They're just trunks now, a monument to my absolute departure from common sense.

During a paintball match I hurdled a rope that the staff specifically told us not to hurdle, and spent the next few minutes, um, tactically lying in cover waiting for an opportunity to advance.

I drove to Subway to buy lunch, drove in and then out of the parking lot without even getting out of my car, got back to work, went to get out my car and realised I didn't have a sandwich.

6. Top | #6
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I have panicked about my keys, while driving my car.
    Done the egg thing or an equivalent from the OP.
    One night I left the back door to my home open... wide open... the screen and storm doors. It is a miracle we didn't have raccoons the next morning.
    On rare occasions while driving my wife's automatic, I panicked about hitting the clutch (my car is a manual, for those that couldn't connect those dots).
    Quote Originally Posted by ideologyhunter View Post
    I think I can. I was heating up spaghetti sauce in a nice new saucepan at my parents' house, was curious as to the pan's country of origin, and...turned it over to look. I wasn't stoned/lit/missing my glasses, although it was Friday evening after a long week of teaching. I was, simply, exhausted to the bone. When my dad asked how I had spilled so much sauce on the stove top, I decided not to tell him the truth.
    I was way overworked, and one night, I made Italian. I wanted Alfredo, my wife just does red sauce. So I make both sauces (her's from a jar, mine from scratch), put the red sauce on her pasta and then pour the remaining red sauce into my Alfredo sauce. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't what I intending on.

7. Top | #7
    Contributor
    Thank ypu, I feel much better now.

8. Top | #8
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DBT View Post
    I have looked for something that I was holding in my hand....beat that.
    I've done that too, so you are not alone.

9. Top | #9
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I've looked for my glasses--while wearing them. (In front of my eyes, not on my head.)

10. Top | #10
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Somehow I managed to staple my finger. I got the staple out and while trying to figure out how it happened I stapled myself again.