Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wokeness Poisons Everything

1. Top | #1
    Archived
    Total Posts

Wokeness Poisons Everything

Here it is. The buzzwords. The privileged victimization. The anti-police insults. The inevitable result of CRT indoctrination. And she's a teacher.

2. Top | #2
    Archived
    Total Posts
    What is the definition of 'wokeness' that you're using?

3. Top | #3
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The op misspelled “Trump”.

4. Top | #4
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    That cop did a great job of dealing with a mentally ill civilian and de-escalating the situation, just doing his business without needing to make an arrest or use violence in her moment of having a verbally aggressive meltdown.

He put up with insults from a mentally ill person and stuck to his job.

Good for him.

While this doesn't have to do with wokeness, it's a great example of good police behavior. Maybe it belongs in a Police Behaving Professionally thread so it's not used for political points.

5. Top | #5
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Don2 (Don1 Revised) View Post
    That cop did a great job of dealing with a mentally ill civilian and de-escalating the situation, just doing his business without needing to make an arrest or use violence in her moment of having a verbally aggressive meltdown.

He put up with insults from a mentally ill person and stuck to his job.

Good for him.
    I agree. He did a great job. Very calm and professional.

While this doesn't have to do with wokeness, it's a great example of good police behavior. Maybe it belongs in a Police Behaving Professionally thread so it's not used for political points.
    I'm not sure this doesn't have something to do with 'wokeness' as Trausti defines it. That's why I asked him for a definition.

Most of the definitions I've seen talk about awareness of, and sensitivity to, matters of race, social justice, police interactions with civilians, and current events. By that definition, that cop is 'woke', and his 'wokeness' did the opposite of poisoning his interaction with the driver.

6. Top | #6
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctish View Post
    Most of the definitions I've seen talk about awareness of, and sensitivity to, matters of race, social justice, police interactions with civilians, and current events.
    It's more like one-sided hyperawareness of every real and - very often - imagined transgressions by police or white people or heterosexual cis-men. Wokeness includes thinks like advocating for police/prison abolition or statements like "all white people are racist but no black people are".

7. Top | #7
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    Most of the definitions I've seen talk about awareness of, and sensitivity to, matters of race, social justice, police interactions with civilians, and current events.
    It's more like one-sided hyperawareness of every real and - very often - imagined transgressions by police or white people or heterosexual cis-men. Wokeness includes thinks like advocating for police/prison abolition or statements like "all white people are racist but no black people are".
    I haven't seen that definition in any of the articles on 'wokeness' or 'The Woke' I've read.

Anyway, I'd like to hear what Trausti's definition is, and I'd like to discuss the 'wokeness' in the OP video.

8. Top | #8
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    I haven't seen that definition in any of the articles on 'wokeness' or 'The Woke' I've read.

Anyway, I'd like to hear what Trausti's definition is, and I'd like to discuss the 'wokeness' in the OP video.
    Really? You've never heard the Woke claim only white people can be racist?

9. Top | #9
    Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post

"the woke"?? why don't you answer Arctish and define woke and wokeness then see if that sentiment is appropriate to be labeled woke.

10. Top | #10
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by none View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post

"the woke"?? why don't you answer Arctish and define woke and wokeness then see if that sentiment is appropriate to be labeled woke.
    I know how I'd define the Woke but that isn't relevant. However, reading Arctish's statement more closely, he is not denying that the belief that "only white people can be racist" is something that he has heard, just that the way Derec has defined wokeness isn't what he's read as "defining" the Woke in "articles".