Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64

Thread: Is Leftism a Mental Illness?

  1. Top | #1
    Contributor Trausti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    8,154
    Archived
    372
    Total Posts
    8,526
    Rep Power
    67

    Is Leftism a Mental Illness?

    A Formula for Happiness

    Beneath these averages are some demographic differences. For many years, researchers found that women were happier than men, although recent studies contend that the gap has narrowed or may even have been reversed. Political junkies might be interested to learn that conservative women are particularly blissful: about 40 percent say they are very happy. That makes them slightly happier than conservative men and significantly happier than liberal women. The unhappiest of all are liberal men; only about a fifth consider themselves very happy.
    It's probably the soy.

    Over 50% Of Liberal, White Women Under 30 Have A Mental Health Issue. Are We Worried Yet?

    A 2020 Pew Research study reveals that over half of white, liberal women have been diagnosed with a mental health condition at some point. Does this mean there's a correlation between progressive ideas and mental health?


    Possibly related -


  2. Top | #2
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Republic of Korea
    Posts
    1,537
    Archived
    1,216
    Total Posts
    2,753
    Rep Power
    72
    I'd love to see a formal argument instead of shallow insinuations that amount merely to non-sequiturs and strawmen.

  3. Top | #3
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    2,695
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Trausti View Post
    A Formula for Happiness

    Beneath these averages are some demographic differences. For many years, researchers found that women were happier than men, although recent studies contend that the gap has narrowed or may even have been reversed. Political junkies might be interested to learn that conservative women are particularly blissful: about 40 percent say they are very happy. That makes them slightly happier than conservative men and significantly happier than liberal women. The unhappiest of all are liberal men; only about a fifth consider themselves very happy.
    It's probably the soy.

    Over 50% Of Liberal, White Women Under 30 Have A Mental Health Issue. Are We Worried Yet?

    A 2020 Pew Research study reveals that over half of white, liberal women have been diagnosed with a mental health condition at some point. Does this mean there's a correlation between progressive ideas and mental health?


    Possibly related -



    your dick fuck "article" is behind paywall and given your "sophistication" it is unlikely it is relevant to the question.

    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/314418
    Millions of people around the world experience sadness or depression at some point in their lives. However, recognizing the difference between a diagnosis of depression and the emotion of sadness can help a person process both in a healthful way.
    ...
    https://www.eviemagazine.com/post/ov...alth-condition
    Over 50% Of Liberal, White Women Under 30 Have A Mental Health Issue. Are We Worried Yet?


    A 2020 Pew Research study reveals that over half of white, liberal women have been diagnosed with a mental health condition at some point. Does this mean there's a correlation between progressive ideas and mental health?
    yes there definitely is very strong correlation.
    conservatives deal with their mental illness at their closest religious institution.

  4. Top | #4
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,887
    Archived
    4,797
    Total Posts
    9,684
    Rep Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Trausti View Post
    It's probably the soy.

    Over 50% Of Liberal, White Women Under 30 Have A Mental Health Issue. Are We Worried Yet?

    A 2020 Pew Research study reveals that over half of white, liberal women have been diagnosed with a mental health condition at some point. Does this mean there's a correlation between progressive ideas and mental health?
    Yes, of course leftism is a mental illness, duh!

    But, in all fairness, so is rightism. Was the study you're referencing randomized, with a control group? Or is it possible that white liberal women are more likely to receive diagnoses of mental illnesses because they have more opportunities to, because more of them take their problems to therapists, compared to women of non-white colors and conservative women? Perhaps subcultures that encourage their members to keep a stiff upper lip or take their problems to religious counselors have similar rates of mental health conditions but more of these conditions remain undiagnosed. I'm guessing if Pew Research did a study on sin they'd find over half of conservative women have been diagnosed as sinners at some point.


    Moreover, it's common knowledge that relative to the public at large, psychotherapists and ministers are respectively crazier and more sinful.


  5. Top | #5
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,746
    Archived
    229
    Total Posts
    3,975
    Rep Power
    70
    Yes, it is the left that is so mentally ill that belief in an international paedophile ring led by Hillary Clinton sounds reasonable.

  6. Top | #6
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    23,346
    Archived
    16,553
    Total Posts
    39,899
    Rep Power
    81
    How are the horrible effects of modern capitalism in an imperial power at constant war like the US the fault of the left?

  7. Top | #7
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Port Clinton, Ohio
    Posts
    4,282
    Archived
    591
    Total Posts
    4,873
    Rep Power
    71
    When a liberal mob wearing horns on their heads and waving Confederate flags breaks into the Capitol and commit murder, and Biden tells them they're very special and he loves them, then I'll send back my membership cards to the DNC and the ACLU. The right tried to end democracy this year, by lies, by a murder rampage, and by senatorial vote.

  8. Top | #8
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    4,853
    Rep Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    Yes, it is the left that is so mentally ill that belief in an international paedophile ring led by Hillary Clinton sounds reasonable.
    This needs to be repeated. All the insane things believed by the right today! To expand on the above, a significant portion of the right believes that aliens seeking the pituitary gland in children for longevity, are encouraging democrats to have sex parties with children. Apparently, the glands can be removed from children without anyone noticing. Then the glands can be regrown. Insane.

  9. Top | #9
    Tricksy Leftits Angry Floof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancre
    Posts
    12,654
    Archived
    14,435
    Total Posts
    27,089
    Rep Power
    73
    Pffth. Liberal minded people are just not afraid to admit their problems and fears or to get help. "Leftism" is a mentality for sure, but so is "Rightism," which is a mentality that is more closed and afraid, doesn't want to admit wrong or weakness (and anxiety, depression, etc., are weaknesses in the minds of right wingers), afraid of social unacceptability...

    If right wingers could admit their fears and problems openly and honestly and seek help for them or at least seek support from their network of family and friends, you would see a very different article, even with the heavy slobbering slant you put over it.
    The Authoritarians

    Donald Trump was the fat line of coke conservatives snorted, thinking it would boost their energy and weight loss. Now they're waking up in a cheap motel room, picking at their scabs and denying that they have a problem.

  10. Top | #10
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    23,346
    Archived
    16,553
    Total Posts
    39,899
    Rep Power
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    Yes, it is the left that is so mentally ill that belief in an international paedophile ring led by Hillary Clinton sounds reasonable.
    This needs to be repeated. All the insane things believed by the right today! To expand on the above, a significant portion of the right believes that aliens seeking the pituitary gland in children for longevity, are encouraging democrats to have sex parties with children. Apparently, the glands can be removed from children without anyone noticing. Then the glands can be regrown. Insane.
    It is a stupid story aimed at science illiterates.

    There is no molecule in children that cannot be replicated by some chemist in a lab.

    If such a thing existed it would already be out there in pill form or injectable form like insulin if it is a protein.

    No rich cabal could somehow monopolize information like that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •