Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is the side fauxgressives tacitly support in Yemen ...

1. Top | #1
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

This is the side fauxgressives tacitly support in Yemen ...

Amnesty: Yemen's Houthis must release model fearing 'virginity testing'

Twenty-year-old Yemeni Intisar al-Hammadi was arrested in February at a checkpoint in the capital Sanaa, which is controlled by the Houthi group in Yemen's six-year conflict.
    A judicial source previously told Reuters she had been charged with carrying out an indecent act and going against Islamic principles.
    "Intisar al-Hammadi has regularly appeared in photographs online including in social media posts, without a headscarf defying strict societal norms in Yemen," Amnesty said.
    I have not seen any US feminists condemn this. Squad members are silent as well.

2. Top | #2
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I didn't know everyone is obligated to support a side in the Yemen clusterfuck. Huh. I guess I have to unconditionally support Saudi Arabia like Derec does. Sorry, I wasn't aware.

Also, should we be worried that the squad has yet to condemn commercialized cannibalism? Does that mean they support it tacitly as well? On a personal note, I condemn donkey fucking but please don't read too much into the fact that I've said nothing about goat fucking one way or the other.

3. Top | #3
    Suspended
    fuck them in the ass, haven't you seen film?

4. Top | #4
    the baby-eater
    Archived
    Total Posts
    "These progressives are only pretending to be progressives because they haven't condemned this specific instance of injustice! They don't really care about the mistreatment of women in the Arab world! Neither do I, but that's beside the point!"

5. Top | #5
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post

Twenty-year-old Yemeni Intisar al-Hammadi was arrested in February at a checkpoint in the capital Sanaa, which is controlled by the Houthi group in Yemen's six-year conflict.
    A judicial source previously told Reuters she had been charged with carrying out an indecent act and going against Islamic principles.
    "Intisar al-Hammadi has regularly appeared in photographs online including in social media posts, without a headscarf defying strict societal norms in Yemen," Amnesty said.
    I have not seen any US feminists condemn this. Squad members are silent as well.
    Lol. Come on Derec. The other side is the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Support for personal rights and freedoms isn't exactly the axis of discernment here.

6. Top | #6
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post

So if you are not in favour of throwing billions of military aid at the kingdom of Saudi fucking Arabia, you are tacitly supporting whoever they want dead?

Are you in favour of arming the Bloods? Then why are you supporting the Crips?

7. Top | #7
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I'm curious as to why, with all the people who have yet to publicly condemn this human rights violation in Yemen (Hare Krishnas, the British Royal Family, Disney, the Welsh Choir, Wanna One, ABC Rural Radio and Hugh Jackman to name a few), Derec feels compelled to specifically critique feminists and the Squad only. It's so odd.

8. Top | #8
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    I didn't know everyone is obligated to support a side in the Yemen clusterfuck. Huh. I guess I have to unconditionally support Saudi Arabia like Derec does. Sorry, I wasn't aware.

Also, should we be worried that the squad has yet to condemn commercialized cannibalism? Does that mean they support it tacitly as well? On a personal note, I condemn donkey fucking but please don't read too much into the fact that I've said nothing about goat fucking one way or the other.
    To be fair, if the topic was on goat fucking, I'd solicit an opinion from you, and expect it to be in line with whatever other anti-animal-fucking position you may have, as per "Rationalism".

But unlike many here, I have some suspicion that you would actually deliver on consistent application.

With regards to Yemen... Don't know enough about it other than to know we have a situation where a powerful country is shit wrecking a less powerful country.

As for what I suspect as a viable solution... Both sides need to chill, and a third party needs to go in and build out educational, energy, and transit infrastructure so that the people there can move on. That won't happen as long as Saudis are bombing them. That much is clear.

9. Top | #9
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The use of very minor incidents for "gotcha" OPs is rather juvenile and, very often, hypocritical.

My guess is the most "faux progressives" did not even know about this. I thank Derec for breaking this to the forefront. The linked article has much more interesting and salient material such as
    Yemen has consistently been at the bottom of the World Economic Forum's Global Gender Gap index......The Houthi de facto authorities have a deplorable track record of arbitrarily detaining people on baseless charges – to silence or punish critics, activists, journalists and members of religious minorities – as well as subjecting them to torture and other forms of ill-treatment," said Amnesty's deputy director for the Middle East and North Africa, Lynn Maalouf
    . that somehow escaped mention.

10. Top | #10
    Which "Fauxgressives" do, in fact, support the Houthis?
    "Banish me from Eden when you will, but first let me eat of the tree of knowledge."