Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: That's Nice Caitlyn Jenner

1. Top | #1
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

Thumbs up That's Nice Caitlyn Jenner

link

Caitlyn Jenner, winner of the decathlon, and thereby one of the best athlete's of their time, wants to run for Governor in the attempted recall of Gov. Newsom in California. In a recent interview, Jenner decided to let us know just how apathetic they are about the current state of the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by article
    "I didn't even vote," Jenner told Bash in a wide-ranging interview at her home in Malibu. "Out here in California, it's like, why vote for a Republican president? It's just not going to work. I mean, it's overwhelming."

"It was voting day and I thought the only thing out here in California that I worry about, which affects people, is the propositions that were out there," she said. "And I didn't see any propositions that I really had one side or the other. And so it was Election Day and I just couldn't get excited about it. And I just wound up going to play golf and I said, 'I'm not doing that.' "

Jenner told Bash she is "kind of on the Republican side" but doesn't like "labels." Defending her lack of government experience, she said she was prepared to take on the role of managing a state that has the fifth largest economy in the world, in part by surrounding herself "with some really good people."
    It looks like they took a crash course in Politicalese speaking. Also, all over the damn road!

Jenner justifies not voting in the 2020 election, "Why vote for a Republican President" in California. Well... there are a few more things on the ballot than the President. But then they note they are "kind of on the Republican side", but they implied they wanted to vote for Trump, but didn't because California is deep blue. They don't like "labels". That is what people say when they are something that they don't think people will like. I'm totally a Republican, but I won't get elected Governor if I say so, so instead, I'll say "I don't like labels".

Down with labels!

Speaking of labels, how about "passive aggressive conspiracy theorist"?

"He is our President. I respect that," Jenner said of President Joe Biden in the interview when asked whether Biden was "duly elected." "I realize there's a lot of frustration over that election. You know what? I'm frustrated over what happened back then."
    Biden is our President, I respect that. He cheated to win!

That's nice Caitlyn. Go back to selling sports equipment.

2. Top | #2
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    This is an argument to get rid of the Electoral College.

Then Republican votes for president in California would count.

3. Top | #3
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    We need to move away from the idea that simply being famous is a qualification for public office.

4. Top | #4
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I'm totally down with Ms Jenner. Why vote if you're a Republican? The Dems have already cancelled you. Just go home, or play golf.
    Do ANYTHING but vote. Don't support fraudulent elections. Your candidate is going to lose. If there's a chance you can overturn the fraudulent election we will call you to action.
    It's possibly illegal to tell you to bring your AR with you next time, but wink, wink.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy Man View Post
    We need to move away from the idea that simply being famous is a qualification for public office.
    It has always been so. It's just that in recent decades, it has gotten easier and easier for stupider and stupider people to become famous.

5. Top | #5
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    A professional politician is nothing to desire.

We need more people that have never been in politics to enter.

The Congress is filled with stale bad ideas.

Jenner is not that smart though.

Just being a non-politician is not enough.

6. Top | #6
    Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by untermensche View Post

Why would anyone go into politics? Honestly. The pay is okay. But 50% of the electorate will hate you. Your family will be dragged into the gutter. Every word you say will be analyzed and kept forever. Every mistake will be magnified and blown out of proportion. No forgiveness. Forget it. I'd rather be a capitalist raider scum raping the world for profit! It's far more respectable!

7. Top | #7
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

It’s a false dichotomy to say that there’s no daylight between a career politician and a reality tv star.

But I think you might agree with that.

What do we want politicians to actually do then if we don’t want them to have prior experience doing similar jobs? Perhaps these jobs shouldn’t exist if there aren’t true qualifications for them.

I know I wouldn’t get hired in my field if I didn’t have prior, relevant experience. Just because I didn’t hold the same opinions as others in my field.

8. Top | #8
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Today the job of a politician is to raise money.

9. Top | #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    link

Caitlyn Jenner, winner of the decathlon, and thereby one of the best athlete's of their time, wants to run for Governor in the attempted recall of Gov. Newsom in California. In a recent interview, Jenner decided to let us know just how apathetic they are about the current state of the nation.

"I didn't even vote," Jenner told Bash in a wide-ranging interview at her home in Malibu. "Out here in California, it's like, why vote for a Republican president? It's just not going to work. I mean, it's overwhelming."

"It was voting day and I thought the only thing out here in California that I worry about, which affects people, is the propositions that were out there," she said. "And I didn't see any propositions that I really had one side or the other. And so it was Election Day and I just couldn't get excited about it. And I just wound up going to play golf and I said, 'I'm not doing that.' "

Jenner told Bash she is "kind of on the Republican side" but doesn't like "labels." Defending her lack of government experience, she said she was prepared to take on the role of managing a state that has the fifth largest economy in the world, in part by surrounding herself "with some really good people."
    It looks like they took a crash course in Politicalese speaking. Also, all over the damn road!

Jenner justifies not voting in the 2020 election, "Why vote for a Republican President" in California. Well... there are a few more things on the ballot than the President. But then they note they are "kind of on the Republican side", but they implied they wanted to vote for Trump, but didn't because California is deep blue. They don't like "labels". That is what people say when they are something that they don't think people will like. I'm totally a Republican, but I won't get elected Governor if I say so, so instead, I'll say "I don't like labels".

Down with labels!

Speaking of labels, how about "passive aggressive conspiracy theorist"?

"He is our President. I respect that," Jenner said of President Joe Biden in the interview when asked whether Biden was "duly elected." "I realize there's a lot of frustration over that election. You know what? I'm frustrated over what happened back then."
    Biden is our President, I respect that. He cheated to win!

That's nice Caitlyn. Go back to selling sports equipment.
    She's a born Trumpista. If her ball keeps rolling (and the media love this story, so as with Trump they'll be providing plenty of free coverage), I might actually join the campaigning on foot this year. Why is it the Republicans complain constantly about "Hollywood politics", yet it's they who keep inflicting us with vapid film and TV personalities in Sacramento and Washington?

Hell, I think I'd rather have Arnie back than this one. At least he was committed to his own party, and was too incompetent to achieve damage lasting much beyond his sorry term in office. Also he refuses to lick Trump's dick in public, a quality sorely lacking in the Republican Party of today.
    "Banish me from Eden when you will, but first let me eat of the tree of knowledge."

10. Top | #10
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post

Why would anyone go into politics? Honestly. The pay is okay. But 50% of the electorate will hate you. Your family will be dragged into the gutter. Every word you say will be analyzed and kept forever. Every mistake will be magnified and blown out of proportion. No forgiveness. Forget it. I'd rather be a capitalist raider scum raping the world for profit! It's far more respectable!
    It wasn't always like this.

My go to example of a top notch career politician is Richard Lugar(R), Senator from Indiana. He was smart, bipartisan, experienced, and had a sterling level of integrity and character. His personal life was squeaky clean.

He was much too good to be a TeaParty Republican. They primaried him for a dumbass who advocated returning to public flogging, for nonviolent crimes, to save money on incarceration. Even here in super conservative Indiana a Democrat won that senate seat.

Not all career politicians are like the norm of 21st century America.
    Tom