Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot: I'm only granting one-on-one interviews to journalists of color

1. Top | #21
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J842P View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot: I'm only granting one-on-one interviews to journalists of color

She has been a horrible mayor, but this blatant racism takes the cake.
    This must be awful for you.
    What a ridiculous response.
    To a guy getting upset over a mayor limiting those that can interview her regarding her two year anniversary to those of color... because she has observed a disparity in the press race wise?

Oh wait... he was upset because racist black mayor only will let colored people interview her.

I don't agree with her with how she did this, there would have been much better ways, but to consider her nuanced action (even if misplaced) as racist and broad brushed (as was poorly alleged) seems quite the bit more ridiculous.

2. Top | #22
    Veteran Member

To a guy getting upset over a mayor limiting those that can interview her regarding her two year anniversary to those of color... because she has observed a disparity in the press race wise?

Oh wait... he was upset because racist black mayor only will let colored people interview her.

I don't agree with her with how she did this, there would have been much better ways, but to consider her nuanced action (even if misplaced) as racist and broad brushed (as was poorly alleged) seems quite the bit more ridiculous.
    Like I said in post #12.

Politicians can behave any way they want, as long as they've got supporters who will wave it away.

I see that as the real problem.
    Tom

3. Top | #23
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

Oh it's nuance. Well, ok then!

4. Top | #24
    Banned
    Archived
    Total Posts

I'm curious, too. What is nuanced about her action?

5. Top | #25
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

Nuance, context, truth... whatever synonym you prefer.

6. Top | #26
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

Racist Chicago mayor won't let whitey interview her ...

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post

That it was about an interview about a specific story, her two yr anniversary as Mayor. Not a generalized “no whitey interviews me” sort of thing as advertised by others, as stated in my post that apparently went unread.

7. Top | #27
    Banned
    Archived
    Total Posts

That it was about an interview about a specific story, her two yr anniversary as Mayor. Not a generalized “no whitey interviews me” sort of thing as advertised by others, as stated in my post that apparently went unread.
    Ah, I see. Yes, I can see how discriminating against whitey in only one specific way makes the actions not harmful and not even discrimination.

8. Top | #28

To say nothing of the quoted article, that the thread is supposedly about.

But I think they are, in their way, conceding that they have no real point. If you have to lie about the facts to sound reasonable in your opinions, that's more or less an open admission that your opinion is not supported by facts.
    "Banish me from Eden when you will, but first let me eat of the tree of knowledge."

9. Top | #29
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    That it is for a specific story does not make her "no whitey" policy any less racist.

I am sure you are a logically consistent fellow, though, and would also have seen nothing wrong if say Trump had instituted a "no darky" rule on occasion of his two-year anniversary ...

10. Top | #30
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Politesse View Post
    But I think they are, in their way, conceding that they have no real point. If you have to lie about the facts to sound reasonable in your opinions, that's more or less an open admission that your opinion is not supported by facts.
    Oh, we have a real point. As well as facts. All you have is feeble apologetics for anti-white racism.