Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is accepting Jesus as messiah a sin?

1. Top | #1
    Senior Member Gnostic Christian Bishop's Avatar

Is accepting Jesus as messiah a sin?

Is accepting Jesus as messiah a sin?

It seems to me, that to accept Jesus as our messiah or scapegoat, means abdication our responsibility for our sins and placing it on the messiah or scapegoat.

I think that to use a scapegoat is a sin.

If you are religious, is this the sin that you think you did to deserve hell? If not, what is it that causes you to sin to be saved?

Regards
    DL

2. Top | #2
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The single most pervasive theme that runs through the OT and NT is blood sacrifice. It's there in the crazy animal sacrifices at the start, and it's there at the end in the "glorious" sacrifice offered by God incarnate in JC -- whatever that means. So it's Biblegod's concept. If you accept the crucified savior, then you are doing Biblegod's will, or at least NT-Biblegod's will. Sin is going against God's will, isn't it?
    Your post makes the bizarre nature of the thing palpable. Christopher Hitchens wrote something like, 'Some man being executed twenty centuries ago has nothing to do with my being saved or not saved.' (I can't find the quote but he said it with more panache, I'm sure.)

3. Top | #3
    Contributor
    The sacricial lamb symbology predates Jesus in Hebrew mythology.

In some cuktures there have been 'sin eaters'. In a ritual people transfer their transgressions to food that the sin eater eats, absobing the guilt.

What is a b it strange is thousands of years later people believing in n ancient Hebrew prophesy interpretation of a messiah.

I suppose it could be worse, it might have been Ra or Bal.

The suffering of Jesus in Christian mystholgy exetes all sins past and future, yiu jusr have to bekuve.

I heard onr Christian say it did not matter what he does, he is saved.

4. Top | #4
    Cyborg with a Tiara
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post
    Yeah that’s one of the things that creeps me out most about the,. That and the, “You don’t want to believe becaus eit means you’d have to behave,” letttng us knpw they ae just one faith crisis away from being an axe murderer.

5. Top | #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ideologyhunter View Post
    The single most pervasive theme that runs through the OT and NT is blood sacrifice. It's there in the crazy animal sacrifices at the start, and it's there at the end in the "glorious" sacrifice offered by God incarnate in JC -- whatever that means. So it's Biblegod's concept. If you accept the crucified savior, then you are doing Biblegod's will, or at least NT-Biblegod's will. Sin is going against God's will, isn't it?
    Your post makes the bizarre nature of the thing palpable. Christopher Hitchens wrote something like, 'Some man being executed twenty centuries ago has nothing to do with my being saved or not saved.' (I can't find the quote but he said it with more panache, I'm sure.)
    He had years of practice.

The Jewish animal sacrifice rituals were animal, not human, and were used to refresh feelings in the tribes for social cohesion and peace.

The net has quite a bit on their rites.

On human sacrifice. I remember only one Jewish case of a promised human sacrifice that some general threatened for his daughter if a battle was won. It never happened as far as I know and arguments abound for both views.

Jews did have a messiah myth but that was an angel that was to die and not the god man Constantine created.

That myth had the resurrected stay and led. Not go away and never return.

Jesus blew it.

Regards
    DL

6. Top | #6
    The sacricial lamb symbology predates Jesus in Hebrew mythology.

In some cuktures there have been 'sin eaters'. In a ritual people transfer their transgressions to food that the sin eater eats, absobing the guilt.

What is a b it strange is thousands of years later people believing in n ancient Hebrew prophesy interpretation of a messiah.

I suppose it could be worse, it might have been Ra or Bal.

The suffering of Jesus in Christian mystholgy exetes all sins past and future, yiu jusr have to bekuve.

That is about the shit attitude believers end with.

Regards
    DL

7. Top | #7
    Contributor
    From a documentary I watched the Temple was a corporation as we would say today.

Ritual slaughter was big business especially during holy days. A str ream pf live animals in and dead cracases out.

The symbolism of Jesus the lamb of god would have been obvious, and highly blasphemous. A serious offense as it is today in Saudi Arabia for a comparison. The idea of a human being realted to god would meet stiff resistance and anger.

8. Top | #8
    From a documentary I watched the Temple was a corporation as we would say today.

Ritual slaughter was big business especially during holy days. A str ream pf live animals in and dead cracases out.

The symbolism of Jesus the lamb of god would have been obvious, and highly blasphemous. A serious offense as it is today in Saudi Arabia for a comparison. The idea of a human being realted to god would meet stiff resistance and anger.
    Religions, I agree, are business first. Mostly run by con men and liars.

Even Jesus had to run from the mobs when he claimed to be a son of god.

He invoked his holy book which showed him correct, as far as what scriptures said.

Gnostic Christians give that quality to all of us and that is why we are a universalist religion.

Regards
    DL

9. Top | #9
    Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post

He invoked his holy book which showed him correct, as far as what scriptures said.

Gnostic Christians give that quality to all of us and that is why we are a universalist religion.

Regards
    DL
    Every brand, variation, and sect of Christianity has its own set of rationalizations. It is all the same to me. The common thread is that they all make Jesus into their own image.

In terms of modern psychology you could interpret the gospels as Jesus being a delusional bipolar manic depressive who hears voices from a god and thought he had supernatural power, like faith healing.

In the narrative he swings from the Sermon On The Mount with the meek shall inherit the Earth, to a manic rage in the Temple. Mood swings.

In the geopolitical context of the day with civil unrest and Roman occupation he was a wandering rabbi warning of impending doom by Rome unless the Jews got their act together. He would have been one of many, and typical in the history of Jewish prophets and criotics.

He was preaching to fellow Jews.

The initial Jewish followers were co opted by gentiles who made it ther own divorced from Jus daism.

What was passed down probably had little to do with a real person.

Whatever was eventually put to paper was hearsay.

10. Top | #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post

Regards
    DL
    Every brand, variation, and sect of Christianity has its own set of rationalizations. It is all the same to me. The common thread is that they all make Jesus into their own image.

In terms of modern psychology you could interpret the gospels as Jesus being a delusional bipolar manic depressive who hears voices from a god and thought he had supernatural power, like faith healing.

In the narrative he swings from the Sermon On The Mount with the meek shall inherit the Earth, to a manic rage in the Temple. Mood swings.

In the geopolitical context of the day with civil unrest and Roman occupation he was a wandering rabbi warning of impending doom by Rome unless the Jews got their act together. He would have been one of many, and typical in the history of Jewish prophets and criotics.

He was preaching to fellow Jews.

The initial Jewish followers were co opted by gentiles who made it ther own divorced from Jus daism.

What was passed down probably had little to do with a real person.

Whatever was eventually put to paper was hearsay.
    Not much to argue against.

True that all religions are unique.

I like Gnostic Christianity because we do not shy away from the truth we read about the gods. True here is true to the myth. Not real truth.

We speak of what can be known, which is not the supernatural. Mine is a natural religion based on facts and personal knowledge.

We are the moral side of Christianity and see it as our duty to correct poor immoral thinking.

Being moralists always get one hated by the immoral.

That is why we are not shy in calling both Christians and their genocidal, homophobic and misogynous god, --- as evil.

Regards
    DL