Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New riots in Portland!

1. Top | #21
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by untermensche View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Lake View Post

I don't agree.

This is just another riot started by excessive police violence and desire to control people with force.
    How do you figure this? What timeline are you looking at that supports your assertion that excessive police force caused this riot?
    All you gotta do is put a few trouble makers in to break a few windows then the cops scream "riot" and start throwing people around with force.
    They are a bunch of thugs that are not wanted anymore. Many Portlanders (including myself) joined them in the beginning. Many of us brought our kids. But then they turned nasty. Started breaking shit for no reason. Started beating up people. They moved the protests to night. They started taunting people. Wanted to taunt teachers and students (young kids). I can tell you as a Portlander that the public has turned on them. They are trying to wreck one of the best and most livable and liberal cities in the country. With respect I say to them, Fuck you guys, go home. You're not wanted anymore.

2. Top | #22
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    What is it with the pacific northwest and this breed of protest hooligan? It is appears to be an occupation out there.
    Some strange anarchist stronghold. I blame it on the lack of sunlight.
    Lack of sunlight doesn't cause anarchists. Lack of sunlight causes sparkly vampires.

3. Top | #23
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    They are a bunch of thugs that are not wanted anymore. Many Portlanders (including myself) joined them in the beginning. Many of us brought our kids. But then they turned nasty. Started breaking shit for no reason. Started beating up people. They moved the protests to night. They started taunting people. Wanted to taunt teachers and students (young kids). I can tell you as a Portlander that the public has turned on them. They are trying to wreck one of the best and most livable and liberal cities in the country. With respect I say to them, Fuck you guys, go home. You're not wanted anymore.
    They are a mixture of many elements.

Some of them are pretending to care about the issues but are there to break things and discredit the message.

4. Top | #24
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    Police instigated riots have costs.
    It's not a riot instigated by police, but by left wing radicals.
    Yeah, just like this one: $30 Million In Damages From Riot

When was the last time BLM caused $30m in
    ???

We won't mention injuring hundreds of cops and killing some, because that's hardly important...

5. Top | #25
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomb#20 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    What is it with the pacific northwest and this breed of protest hooligan? It is appears to be an occupation out there.
    Some strange anarchist stronghold. I blame it on the lack of sunlight.
    Lack of sunlight doesn't cause anarchists. Lack of sunlight causes sparkly vampires.
    It causes werewolves. The vampires immigrated there.

6. Top | #26
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trausti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    The Gresham police are covering for the Portland police that are covering the demonstrations. One of the shootings this year was a Gresham cop shooting a man. The shooting is under investigation. So that is one cop killing someone. Our "right" number is 0. 0 people killed by cops. Maybe more defunding is needed to get to 0 next year.
    Right, there's no relationship whatsoever between depolicing and crime rates. Got it.
    Are those our only choices that you assign to us? Either there is no relationship whatsoever, or it is the singular controlling factor. One need not wonder where extremism and division comes from.... it comes from the exaggerations the human mind naturally flows to.

7. Top | #27
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    The Gresham police are covering for the Portland police that are covering the demonstrations. One of the shootings this year was a Gresham cop shooting a man. The shooting is under investigation. So that is one cop killing someone. Our "right" number is 0. 0 people killed by cops. Maybe more defunding is needed to get to 0 next year.
    So you want to see slaughter in the streets? Because that's what 0 police-caused deaths will mean. We've already seen that BLM-caused reductions in police shootings increase the death toll many times more than they reduce it.
    I'd like to say that I disagree, but what comes out is that your post is just a pile of stupid.. less shooting means more shooting... got it <backs away slowly with hand on grip>

8. Top | #28
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    It's not a riot instigated by police, but by left wing radicals.
    It's not a riot instigated by left wing radicals, but by police.

It easy to just say "nuh uh" to reality.

9. Top | #29
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trausti View Post

Why do you ignore the root cause?

Constant illegitimate activity by the police.

An illegitimate institution that needs to be totally replaced with a human institution.
    You really don’t care about the excess deaths. There’s a high price bloody tag for your sanctimony.
    I don't care one little bit that a plumber get shit on his hands.
    I dont' care one little bit that an electrician takes a 220V hit.
    I don't care one little bit that a teacher gets a rotten apple.
    I couldn't possibly care less if a first responder gets HIV blood on them
    and... I give exactly 0 shits if a cop takes a bullet from a suspect.

These are the terms of the job. Some jobs are dangerous and might get you killed. some are just dirty and nasty... and some are a cakewalk.
    If you are fortunate to be able to choose your vocation, choose wisely, If you are not able to choose, then your right to cakewalk through life does not exist and your job might end up being a little dirty (or a lot) or a little dangerous (or a lot).

If a cop is too scared to not get shot, then they are too much of a pussy to be a cop.
    If you can't leave the house every day to go to work knowing and accepting that it is possible you will not come home, then you are not a cop - you are just pretending to be one until things get real.

10. Top | #30
    Veteran Member

I don't agree.

This is just another riot started by excessive police violence and desire to control people with force.
    How do you figure this? What timeline are you looking at that supports your assertion that excessive police force caused this riot?
    All you gotta do is put a few trouble makers in to break a few windows then the cops scream "riot" and start throwing people around with force.
    Cops scream "stop resisting" whenever they want to apply more force than is justified.
    Cops scream "gun" when there is ANYTHING in a suspects hands, so as to justify shooting.
    Cops scream.. they are fearful people, lately... so screaming, "riot" and shooting rubber bullets and teargas is just par for the course.