Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 255

Thread: Guest lecturer at Yale fantasizes about shooting white people in the head

  1. Top | #21
    Contributor Trausti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    8,364
    Archived
    372
    Total Posts
    8,736
    Rep Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trausti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    But why let facts get in the way of rational thought?
    Good point! "We are asking a demented, violent predator who thinks that they are a saint or a superhero, to accept responsibility" can be easily taken out of context!
    Thank you fir proving my point. You rail against a quote taken out of context and refuse to look at the complete context because it might educate you. Pretty ironic coming from someone whining about the secular religious views of others,
    Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick! How do you take that out of context? You gotta be shitting me, Pyle! Educate me on what? That she hates White people? Lg, are you one of the flagellants of the new religion?


  2. Top | #22
    Contributor Arctish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    5,560
    Archived
    4,540
    Total Posts
    10,100
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Trausti View Post
    Here she is. Feel the love.
    The TikTok heart is so cute!

    Thanks for sharing <3

  3. Top | #23
    Contributor Trausti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    8,364
    Archived
    372
    Total Posts
    8,736
    Rep Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trausti View Post
    Here she is. Feel the love.
    The TikTok heart is so cute!

    Thanks for sharing <3
    Yeah, figured you'd like her open racism.

  4. Top | #24
    Contributor Arctish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    5,560
    Archived
    4,540
    Total Posts
    10,100
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Trausti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trausti View Post
    Here she is. Feel the love.
    The TikTok heart is so cute!

    Thanks for sharing <3
    Yeah, figured you'd like her open racism.
    What open racism?

    I went to that page and saw a guy making a heart shape in the snow. I just went back again and saw a shout out to people in Covid crisis, a Give to India thing, someone painting shoes, someone cooking something (black beans?), a red heart shaped mini cake, and some kind of water feature swing set.

    What did you see?

    ETA: Ah, I think I found the problem. Are you objecting to her making fun of people who refuse to acknowledge the Hinduism inherent in the practice of Yoga? Like, she's prejudiced against people who say they're "spiritual but not religious" and therefore she's a racist?

  5. Top | #25
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,925
    Archived
    17,741
    Total Posts
    28,666
    Rep Power
    80
    It's funny that there are people in the thread doing exactly what she was talking about in the speech.

  6. Top | #26
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,901
    Archived
    229
    Total Posts
    4,130
    Rep Power
    71
    Sidebar: why are we still taking Bari Weiss seriously?

  7. Top | #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    7,597
    Archived
    10,974
    Total Posts
    18,571
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post

    No: she is saying that white people's problems are because of their guilt from perpetrating past and present racism and "colonialism".
    Can you provide the minute mark when she says that? I'd like to discuss it in detail but first I want to transcribe her words.

    This is a disgusting perspective. When my father and brother died, I was not suffering grief because of racism or anything. I was suffering from the fact of their deaths.
    I didn't hear her say that racism is the only cause of suffering, or even imply it. Can you provide the minute mark where she says that, too?
    I already quoted the relevant sections from her interview.

    What is the difference between white peoples' suffering and the suffering of people of color?

    People of color, myself included, suffer from being positioned in the world, psychologically, and the stuff that goes with it: violence, this, that. Now, white people suffer from problems of their own mind. They suffer with trust, they suffer with intimacy, they suffer with closeness, shame, guilt, anxiety. They suffer with their minds. Don’t get me wrong, people of color are also neurotic and have their own stuff and ups and downs. But there is a fundamental issue I think that is very unique to white suffering and I think that’s their own mind.

    What would you say is the cause of this?
    I think it’s colonialism. That history. If you do this much lying to yourself it's going to have an effect on your mind. There's no way it can’t.

  8. Top | #28
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    23,850
    Archived
    16,553
    Total Posts
    40,403
    Rep Power
    81
    A fleeting thought is not racism.

    Racism is what Republicans are doing all over the nation.

    Trying to make it harder for black people to vote.

    It hurts some poor white people too.

    Republicans don't like the poor much either.

  9. Top | #29
    Squadron Leader
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Land of Smiles
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Power
    16
    I didn't waste the extra clicks to study the charges, but we're speaking of a "guest lecturer"? Not even a full-time lecturer, let alone tenured faculty?

    How do the whingers compare this offense with Trump's National Security Advisor now calling for a Myanmar-style military coup? (Does guest lecturer outrank the National Security Advisor in importance or prestige?) How does it compare with Republican Congresscritters who have solicited death threats against Democratic Congresscritters? Or Republican leadership which encourages racist violence?

    I, for one, would be willing to listen to the whinges if those questions were addressed. Otherwise the whingeing is devoid of perspective or context.

  10. Top | #30
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Do you like my pretty crown?
    Posts
    25,337
    Archived
    3,034
    Total Posts
    28,371
    Rep Power
    100
    Manufactured Outrage Inc. strikes again.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

    Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •