Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else guilty of online shipment stalking?

1. Top | #11
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Well, how about a non-tracking number?

It's been a week. They generated the UPS label. That's it.
    Your shipment is on its way, someone printed a label!

What?! Printing a label is not shipping! If I print a diagram for a bridge, that can't be billed as building a bridge!

2. Top | #12
    Veteran Member TV and credit cards's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post

What?! Printing a label is not shipping! If I print a diagram for a bridge, that can't be billed as building a bridge!
    This recently happened to me. It took six days from my item be listed as “Shipped” to it actually being shipped. What did happen on day one when someone entered it into the system as shipped was my credit card being charged. Unsportsmanlike conduct in my book and perhaps in the credit card issuer’s too.

3. Top | #13
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TV and credit cards View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post

This recently happened to me. It took six days from my item be listed as “Shipped” to it actually being shipped. What did happen on day one when someone entered it into the system as shipped was my credit card being charged. Unsportsmanlike conduct in my book and perhaps in the credit card issuer’s too.
    Yeah, the card has been charged.

4. Top | #14
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Sure on some things I closely watch delivery status. I usually check my orders on Amazon every other day or so. Sometimes more if delivery is a range of days and something I really want or need. I remember early in the pandemic waiting for Purell and masks to arrive. In some cases they got stuck and never arrived at all. On Christmas I watched a present for my kids get stuck and then ultimately delivered to some unsuspecting person Kansas City. I contacted the seller who sent a new one to me. The seller also alerted me to be on the lookout for the thing that the parson in Kansas City had ordered but it never arrived.

5. Top | #15
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Finally got contacted by the department store we ordered the washer/dryer combo from on may 1st. Delivery is scheduled for a week from today.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.

6. Top | #16
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TV and credit cards View Post

Yeah, the card has been charged.
    Took two weeks. Picker here, at least we won't lose any peaches to being where I can't set the ladder close enough. The birds already demolished the apricots that were eluding us.

7. Top | #17
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I often track the parcel. It helps heaps tbh. And I love it when Australia Post texts me to say it’s being delivered today. I can then ask my neighbour to keep an eye out for it as he works from home. I also get a text saying it’s delivered so if I am home, I can race downstairs to get it.

Fastest shipment I got was some jigsaws from Mighty Ape. Ordered Sunday, in my hand Wednesday. It came from NZ, arrived in the country Monday night, cleared customs and got to me 48 hours later. That was pretty good.

8. Top | #18
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmbteach View Post
    I often track the parcel. It helps heaps tbh. And I love it when Australia Post texts me to say it’s being delivered today. I can then ask my neighbour to keep an eye out for it as he works from home. I also get a text saying it’s delivered so if I am home, I can race downstairs to get it.
    USPS has a very nice service here--you can sign up for e-mails showing most things which are supposed to be in that day's mail delivery. Anything with tracking shows up as well as anything smaller than a little less than half a sheet of paper. There's a small range above that where you get a no-image placeholder, anything bigger doesn't show at all. No charge--they're just sending out info they already have in their system.
    Last edited by Loren Pechtel; 06-27-2021 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Argh! U**S**PS, not UPS!

9. Top | #19
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmbteach View Post
    UPS has a very nice service here--you can sign up for e-mails showing most things which are supposed to be in that day's mail delivery. Anything with tracking shows up as well as anything smaller than a little less than half a sheet of paper. There's a small range above that where you get a no-image placeholder, anything bigger doesn't show at all. No charge--they're just sending out info they already have in their system.
    USPS does similar and you can give them your phone number for text service.

Argh!! I meant USPS, not UPS! I didn't know they offered text, I like the e-mail version anyway.
    Last edited by Loren Pechtel; 06-27-2021 at 07:36 PM.
    When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.

10. Top | #20
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Here is an eBay order I placed on the 18th.