Thread: Anyone else guilty of online shipment stalking?

1. Top | #1
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

Question Anyone else guilty of online shipment stalking?

I have found, based on just how important a shipment is, I can become a bit obsessive, and can be guilty of stalking the shipment of the package heading to my home.

It starts innocently enough. You order something, and you get the confirmation email. There is naturally some anxiety and excitement.

And you check your emails to see when it ships. Nothing, then you go online to the site to look at the order. No info that it shipped.

Then an email comes, it has shipped! You immediately click the track shipment button. FUCK! Only the label has been printed.

You know in your mind that it'll take time, but you are hopeful that maybe it was already in a truck, on its way. You check out the receive by date. It is late this week.

Okay... I can wait.

*I am waiting*

It has been a couple hours, I wonder if it has been picked up yet. DAMN IT! Still just a label printed.

The cycle just continues and continues. Every day, looking for progress in the updates... every hour. You don't mean to be stalking the poor package, or to be personally responsible for 61% of all the package tracking inquiries this week, you just really care to know every moment whether there is an update. Did it get to Chicago? When does it arrive at the local warehouse?!

Knowledge is power, and I'm desperate to know when my package will be here. Yes, I'm perfectly well aware that they have an estimated date for delivery. But, it could happen a day early, and it'd be like the greatest thing ever in my life! In the history of the world! I can say with certainty, that those who found the tomb was empty and Jesus was resurrected, would have been happier if their shipment of any important object arrived a day or two before the estimated delivery date.

*waits*
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Top | #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    Knowledge is power, and I'm desperate to know when my package will be here. Yes, I'm perfectly well aware that they have an estimated date for delivery. But, it could happen a day early, and it'd be like the greatest thing ever in my life! In the history of the world! I can say with certainty, that those who found the tomb was empty and Jesus was resurrected, would have been happier if their shipment of any important object arrived a day or two before the estimated delivery date.
    Considering that by prophecy he was supposed to be in the ground for three days but was apparently out by Sunday Morning after having been deposited there late Friday evening, it could be argued that they did receive an early package, and that this is what all the subsequent hooplah was about.

And yes, I stalk the packages of delivery men most assiduously.
    "Banish me from Eden when you will, but first let me eat of the tree of knowledge."

3. Top | #3
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I recently explained what I was doing and how I was trying imagine the algorithms that led to all the transfers that somehow work out. The response was "How do you keep an idiot occupied?" My colleagues in the industrial engineering department would not be amused.

4. Top | #4
    Veteran Member TV and credit cards's Avatar
    Archived
    Total Posts
    They split my shipment. I hate when they split my shipment. And what I really want is coming last, of course. And what I just got has to go back. And it’s all west coast stuff. Ruined my day.

Ever follow the UPS truck around on line? He just bounces all around the neighborhood with no rhyme or reason. I swear, I think he’s just doing it to piss me off.

5. Top | #5
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I have a rather large package coming (linked in OP, and it too, is a two package setup), and the thing is creeping across the west. Originally a delivery set for today on the initial paperwork, but then shifted to Sunday, then Monday, and I'm wondering if it'll make it by then. The last update I saw was "Mules getting a rest."

6. Top | #6
    Archived
    Total Posts
    If I had a nickel for every time I clicked Track Package...
    The Authoritarians

Donald Trump was the fat line of coke conservatives snorted, thinking it would boost their energy and weight loss. Now they're waking up in a cheap motel room, picking at their scabs and denying that they have a problem.

7. Top | #7
    Archived
    Total Posts
    My wife evolved from stalking shipments to staling on Facebook.
    NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.