Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fauxgressive Muslim King County, WA candidate once threatened kids on a school bus

1. Top | #1
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

Fauxgressive Muslim King County, WA candidate once threatened kids on a school bus

Her name is Ubax Gardheere and she gets the usual positive coverage from most media, like this one.
    Ubax Gardheere launches campaign for King County Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Reporter
    Ubax Gardheere, a community organizer and the director of Seattle’s Equitable Development Initiative, launched her campaign Tuesday, May 18 for King County Council’s District 9 seat in a bid to bring a commitment to community-driven solutions to the council.
    [...]
    State Sen. Rebecca Saldaña came out with an early endorsement of Gardheere.
    “I would follow Ubax anywhere,” Saldaña said. “She is a talented, courageous, no-nonsense leader we need to ensure our county centers Black health, wealth and economic opportunities.
    [...]
    Gardheere has a long track record of progressive policy leadership across King County, serving on a number of boards and stewarding the growth of numerous justice-focused organizations. Currently, Gardheere serves on the governance group of Communities of Opportunity,
    And blah blah bullshit like that. What this type of fawning reporting neglects to mention is what the Ubax chick did 10 years ago.

Washington county council candidate once threatened to blow up school bus: court docs

Quote Originally Posted by Fox News
    "While speaking with the middle school students, the defendant stated that she might have a bomb and might have a gun," Holmgren wrote to the King County court. "When students attempted to escape out the back of the bus, she called them cowards and told them they would be responsible if something happened to their classmates."
    "Several students believed she had a weapon of some kind and many feared for their lives," Holmgren added. A detective with King County law enforcement said Gardheere had declared she was "prepared to die" but revealed she did not have a weapon on her.
    Gardheere was hit with felony charges, including kidnapping, but pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor as part of a pretrial agreement with prosecutors.
    [...]
    "I’m thinking in my head, ‘What can I say or do that will get you taken to jail instead of a mental institute?’" Gardheere said at the time.
    Gardheere appeared to change her story in a recent interview to the South Seattle Emerald, however, where she claimed that she was "criminalized" for "having a mental breakdown" after threatening to bomb a school bus.
    The county council candidate has outlined how she wants to replace capitalism with "an economic system that is based on abundance and communal self-determination for communities of color and all people" on her website and said in her interview with the Emerald that moderate Democrats were "adjusted to whiteness."
    A commie Islamist nutcase. Just what King County needs right now, right?

2. Top | #2
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Seeing as this is reported by The Post Millennial, I'm suspect some severe liberties were taken with this story. The article also doesn't source the court documents as FOX claims, but no surprise there. I bet an "Arctish latte" some important context is deliberately being left out in this story.

3. Top | #3
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patooka View Post
    Seeing as this is reported by The Post Millennial,
    Genetic fallacy.
    I'm suspect some severe liberties were taken with this story. The article also doesn't source the court documents as FOX claims, but no surprise there. I bet an "Arctish latte" some important context is deliberately being left out in this story.
    And the psycho psychiatrist from that thread is really a rabid racist. What's your point?

Why don't you hunt down the court docs instead of bitching?

What details do you think might justify coming on a school bus full of middle schoolers and saying that US is bad and that you might have a bomb under your Muslim garb?

4. Top | #4
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    10 years ago she frightened some kids?

And only ignorant uneducated fools equate disliking capitalism with supporting communism.

That is like claiming the dislike of rape is really supporting murder.

5. Top | #5
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    From I read, it appears this woman had a mental breakdown at that time. So, if I lived in her district, the basic question I would need answered is whether she is mentally stable now. If so, I would evaluate her candidacy on her views. If not, she'd not get my vote no matter what.

6. Top | #6
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    From I read, it appears this woman had a mental breakdown at that time. So, if I lived in her district, the basic question I would need answered is whether she is mentally stable now. If so, I would evaluate her candidacy on her views. If not, she'd not get my vote no matter what.
    An eminently reasonable take.

7. Top | #7
    Archived
    Total Posts

WA candidate once threatened kids

Thet thar be some reeel deep diggins, y'all.
    Nass jab!

8. Top | #8
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I would consider a mental breakdown as reason she shouldn't hold office.

9. Top | #9
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Goodby General Grant leading the Army.

10. Top | #10
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by untermensche View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Goodby General Grant leading the Army.
    Or Abraham Lincoln as President.