Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 98 of 98

Thread: Believer or not, your epitome of desire, is to be named the Greatest I am.

  1. Top | #91
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    1,442
    Archived
    2,799
    Total Posts
    4,241
    Rep Power
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by atrib View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    atrib

    Note your poor reading comprehension.

    My.
    You have your own physical and mental problems that came from nature.

    That does not negate that it tried to make you for your best possible end.
    Nature did not try to make me the best of anything. Nature is not sentient, and nature does not work that way. I am the product of billions of years of undirected mutations starting from simple prokaryotes to the complex eukaryotic organism I am today. I exist because every single ancestor in my lineage was lucky enough to survive long enough to reproduce, helped by random mutations that made it slightly better adapted to the world it inhabited. Not perfect, not the best they could be, but just good enough. None in this lineage were the "best they could be"; there is no such thing; they were simply good enough and lucky enough to live long enough to reproduce. The same is true for every other living thing that lives on this planet today. Your understanding of how nature works is deeply flawed, and until you take the time to educate yourself in the matter you will continue to embarrass yourself with your foolish proclamations.

    What does "best possible end" even mean? Best at what? How is this "bestness" measured? And why do you get so defensive when people point out flaws in your assertions?
    Because their are none and it hurts me to see so many that are poor thinkers.

    I do not care what anyone means by best end. Those are fantasies and wish lists and are not relevant to my statement.

    I am dealing with reality and recognizing that the world cannot be other than what it is, and is thus the best it can possibly be, given our history.

    Regards
    DL

    I was foolish to think I might be able to have a meaningful discussion here. Clearly, I was wrong. My bad, and I am done here.

  2. Top | #92
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    7,402
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by atrib View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    atrib

    Note your poor reading comprehension.

    My.
    You have your own physical and mental problems that came from nature.

    That does not negate that it tried to make you for your best possible end.
    Nature did not try to make me the best of anything. Nature is not sentient, and nature does not work that way. I am the product of billions of years of undirected mutations starting from simple prokaryotes to the complex eukaryotic organism I am today. I exist because every single ancestor in my lineage was lucky enough to survive long enough to reproduce, helped by random mutations that made it slightly better adapted to the world it inhabited. Not perfect, not the best they could be, but just good enough. None in this lineage were the "best they could be"; there is no such thing; they were simply good enough and lucky enough to live long enough to reproduce. The same is true for every other living thing that lives on this planet today. Your understanding of how nature works is deeply flawed, and until you take the time to educate yourself in the matter you will continue to embarrass yourself with your foolish proclamations.

    What does "best possible end" even mean? Best at what? How is this "bestness" measured? And why do you get so defensive when people point out flaws in your assertions?
    Because their are none and it hurts me to see so many that are poor thinkers.

    I do not care what anyone means by best end. Those are fantasies and wish lists and are not relevant to my statement.

    I am dealing with reality and recognizing that the world cannot be other than what it is, and is thus the best it can possibly be, given our history.

    Regards
    DL
    Ok, that is a start. Are you differentiating between the physical unverse in toto and specifically human history? IOW the human condition as it is put?

    As to insults, you staed your entry to these lengthy exchanges a ways back by insulting and demeaning, not that it affects anyone here. As I like to say, it is not what yiu believe it is what you say and do and how you relate to fellow humns of all kinds.

    I get along well enough with the religious I do no agree with. I have no axe to grind.

  3. Top | #93
    Senior Member Gnostic Christian Bishop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    515
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post

    Because their are none and it hurts me to see so many that are poor thinkers.

    I do not care what anyone means by best end. Those are fantasies and wish lists and are not relevant to my statement.

    I am dealing with reality and recognizing that the world cannot be other than what it is, and is thus the best it can possibly be, given our history.

    Regards
    DL
    Ok, that is a start. Are you differentiating between the physical unverse in toto and specifically human history? IOW the human condition as it is put?
    If the Earth is the only possible Earth and the best it can possibly be for us, given it's past, and we follow that logic for ourselves, then we would have to say the same for all of the universe.

    Any change anywhere in the universe, effects the whole, as I understand physic anyway.

    I know that we do not feel every exploding star etc., but we are all tied to gravity waves that seem to take up or nullify the shock waves.

    I like some of the phrasing today like we are all one or all is unified etc., because it is a truth that I usually amend by saying that we are all in this together, alone.


    As to insults, you staed your entry to these lengthy exchanges a ways back by insulting and demeaning, not that it affects anyone here. As I like to say, it is not what yiu believe it is what you say and do and how you relate to fellow humns of all kinds.

    I get along well enough with the religious I do no agree with. I have no axe to grind.
    Not to insult here, as I do not see you as that type of prick, but I do mean it if you do not amend your statement after reading this.

    Insert gays and women harmed by homophobic and misogynous religions to this quote. You should get an idea of what you should be doing with the homophobic and misogynous mainstream religions if you live by the golden rule.

    Please get back to me with your conclusion.

    Martin Niemöller
    First they came for the socialists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a socialist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out— because I was not a trade unionist.
    Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew.
    Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

    Regards
    DL

  4. Top | #94
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    7,402
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post

    If the Earth is the only possible Earth and the best it can possibly be for us, given it's past, and we follow that logic for ourselves, then we would have to say the same for all of the universe.

    Any change anywhere in the universe, effects the whole, as I understand physic anyway.

    I know that we do not feel every exploding star etc., but we are all tied to gravity waves that seem to take up or nullify the shock waves.

    I like some of the phrasing today like we are all one or all is unified etc., because it is a truth that I usually amend by saying that we are all in this together, alone.


    As to insults, you staed your entry to these lengthy exchanges a ways back by insulting and demeaning, not that it affects anyone here. As I like to say, it is not what yiu believe it is what you say and do and how you relate to fellow humns of all kinds.

    I get along well enough with the religious I do no agree with. I have no axe to grind.
    Not to insult here, as I do not see you as that type of prick, but I do mean it if you do not amend your statement after reading this.

    Insert gays and women harmed by homophobic and misogynous religions to this quote. You should get an idea of what you should be doing with the homophobic and misogynous mainstream religions if you live by the golden rule.

    Please get back to me with your conclusion.

    Martin Niemöller
    First they came for the socialists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a socialist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out— because I was not a trade unionist.
    Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew.
    Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

    Regards
    DL
    There's that rambling steam of concessions again, common among self ordained Christian preachers.

    Turn the other cheek, the meek shall inherit the Earth...blessed are the peacemakers. The only coherent theme in the NT is the Simon On The Mount.

    If you are referencing Nazis, us atheists look back to a long history of Christian oppression and suppression of freedoms. Christianity is always about a sense of personal power.

    We atheists speak truth to religious power and self important preachers who think they are the truth, and think other Christians are foolish.

    Like all Christians you pick and choose morality from the bible, set yourself up as moral authority in he name of Jesus, and demean those who disagree and criticize what you say.

    Stck and trade of all dictators and authorterians, including Hitler.

  5. Top | #95
    Mazzie Daius fromderinside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Local group: Solar system: Earth: NA: US: contiguous states westernmost - IOW here
    Posts
    14,883
    Archived
    18,213
    Total Posts
    33,096
    Rep Power
    65
    Oh? you mean lazy?

  6. Top | #96
    Senior Member Gnostic Christian Bishop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    515
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post

    Like all Christians you pick and choose morality from the bible,.
    That morality is given by Yahweh and Jesus, and we have called those immoral pricks demiurges from our conception.

    You are too dumb and uneducated for me to keep correcting.

    Here is what I usually say about biblical morals.

    Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

    Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

    Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

    https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/theft-values/

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxoxPapPxXk

    Humanity centered religions, good? Yes. Esoteric ecumenist Gnostic Christianity being the best of these.

    Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes. Islam and Christianity being the worst of these.

    Regards
    DL

  7. Top | #97
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    7,402
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post

    Like all Christians you pick and choose morality from the bible,.
    That morality is given by Yahweh and Jesus, and we have called those immoral pricks demiurges from our conception.

    You are too dumb and uneducated for me to keep correcting.

    Here is what I usually say about biblical morals.

    Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

    Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

    Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

    https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/theft-values/

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxoxPapPxXk

    Humanity centered religions, good? Yes. Esoteric ecumenist Gnostic Christianity being the best of these.

    Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes. Islam and Christianity being the worst of these.

    Regards
    DL
    Pride comes before a fall. All religions are based on illusions without exception. The illusion of personal power. for those who have none. Simple psychology.

    If you reject deities and the supernatural Gnostic Christianity is secular philosphy not relgion. Philisophical Christians.

    Still avoidng my questions.

    If you are a devotee of Jesus what about turn the oter cheek and the meek shall inherot the Earth?

    Certainly a thinking mind will understand the question . The pick and choose morality.


    So again, Gnostic Christians arr based on 2000 year old story about a man who was the product of a Hebrew culture whose tradition arose out of ignorant superstitious nomadic tribes?

    What does a 'thinking mind' think about that?

    You are avoiding inconvenient truths masking them with a sense of self righteousness and self justification. Just like Christians do.

  8. Top | #98
    Senior Member Gnostic Christian Bishop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    515
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_bank View Post

    Like all Christians you pick and choose morality from the bible,.
    That morality is given by Yahweh and Jesus, and we have called those immoral pricks demiurges from our conception.

    You are too dumb and uneducated for me to keep correcting.

    Here is what I usually say about biblical morals.

    Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

    Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

    Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

    https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/theft-values/

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxoxPapPxXk

    Humanity centered religions, good? Yes. Esoteric ecumenist Gnostic Christianity being the best of these.

    Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes. Islam and Christianity being the worst of these.

    Regards
    DL
    Pride comes before a fall. All religions are based on illusions without exception. The illusion of personal power. for those who have none. Simple psychology.

    If you reject deities and the supernatural Gnostic Christianity is secular philosphy not relgion. Philisophical Christians.

    Still avoidng my questions.

    If you are a devotee of Jesus what about turn the oter cheek and the meek shall inherot the Earth?

    Certainly a thinking mind will understand the question . The pick and choose morality.


    So again, Gnostic Christians arr based on 2000 year old story about a man who was the product of a Hebrew culture whose tradition arose out of ignorant superstitious nomadic tribes?

    What does a 'thinking mind' think about that?

    You are avoiding inconvenient truths masking them with a sense of self righteousness and self justification. Just like Christians do.
    Take your personal psychobabble and shove it.

    Next time, I will put you on ignore for the small minded a hole you seem to be.


    I will deal with your only pertinent statements.


    "If you are a devotee of Jesus what about turn the other cheek and the meek shall inherit the Earth?"


    Jesus, for all I know, never existed, so what makes you think I am devoted to him?

    He is just an archetypal Eastern mystic to me, which I have already told you, if memory serves, and his methods are what we use to seek Gnosis.

    I will accept devoted to his methods of meditation to gain insight.

    On turning the other cheek.

    Do a bit of research and you will note that that turning the other cheek is an insult to the slapper.
    It was meant, in our words to mean something like, is that all you have, wimp.

    That weak shall inherit thing, in reality, would cause man's extinction.

    I imagine it was told to the meek just to placate them.

    Those of us who show the greatest fitness in our blood lines will inherit the earth. Not our weakest.

    Regards
    DL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •