Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Claims Republicans are "the majority"

1. Top | #1
    Archived
    Total Posts

Trump Claims Republicans are "the majority"

Actually, he didn't say "Republicans", he said "we", which is almost always self-referential when he says it.
    Trump wins the CPAC straw poll as attendees clamor for him to run again

Quote Originally Posted by dotard
    "We are truly being scorned and disrespected all over the world. Never forget that the radical left is not the majority in this country. We are the majority and it's not even close"
    And the crowd cheered. He "thinks" (says) the invisible voter fraud was so very massive that losing by more than 7 million votes would have been winning by at least that amount.
    Of the approximately 15 million votes out of which he claims to have been cheated, he has found exactly zero. But his followers are such idiots, they still believe him and the people they elected locally are now obliged to mouth the same lying words or lose their jobs.

If the current massive voter fraud (suppression, gerrymandering etc) currently undertaken by the Republicanazi Party is wildly successful, the 2022 elections may be close in overall popular vote, Dem vs Rep. But the Repugs will easily recapture both chambers of Congress as well as more State governments, even if Dem votes are the majority. States that narrowly go blue will be overturned by State legislatures that have newly empowered themselves to negate the will of the voters. And that will be the end of American Democracy, regardless of what then happens in 2024.
    This two bit conman scumbag will have single tiny-handedly destroyed our nation.

2. Top | #2
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    There is a way out. That is if the old constituents of the civil rights movement truly seize this as a crisis point and go tong-and-hatchet on the vote suppressers, which means, overwhelm them at the polls. The courts certainly won't help, in fact, SCOTUS has announced itself on the side of suppression. DOJ is therefore almost hamstrung. If this isn't defeated by exhortation and registration and sheer outrage at the conservative overlords, then what you describe above is, at least to some extent, valid. And maybe to the full extent. Republicanism is madness.

3. Top | #3
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Somebody should make a Trump dictionary. If they can stomach it.

"Not even close" means for Trump "I made it up".

4. Top | #4
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ideologyhunter View Post
    There is a way out. That is if the old constituents of the civil rights movement truly seize this as a crisis point and go tong-and-hatchet on the vote suppressers, which means, overwhelm them at the polls. The courts certainly won't help, in fact, SCOTUS has announced itself on the side of suppression. DOJ is therefore almost hamstrung.
    Zackly. An overwhelming response at the polls would be the only way out.

If this isn't defeated by exhortation and registration and sheer outrage at the conservative overlords, then what you describe above is, at least to some extent, valid. And maybe to the full extent. Republicanism is madness.
    What I fear in particular is that the overwhelming response at the polls does materialize, and the key State legislatures cry out in unison -
    "See? THIS is why we gave ourselves the power to overturn bogus results, and that's what we're going to do!"
    That would be even worse than if the suppression efforts paid off with actual vote count-based "victories".
    But in either case, the chances of preserving (creating?) a representative democracy are slim and none.

Quote Originally Posted by untermensche View Post
    "Not even close" means for Trump "I made it up".
    As does "a lot of people are saying...", and "everybody knows" and "nobody knew" and "believe me" and "trust me" and... every other possible qualifying prefix. Since almost everything emitted from his pie hole is a lie, it doesn't matter how he tries to couch it in advance - it's 100% pure bullshit.

5. Top | #5
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ideologyhunter View Post
    There is a way out. That is if the old constituents of the civil rights movement truly seize this as a crisis point and go tong-and-hatchet on the vote suppressers, which means, overwhelm them at the polls. The courts certainly won't help, in fact, SCOTUS has announced itself on the side of suppression. DOJ is therefore almost hamstrung. If this isn't defeated by exhortation and registration and sheer outrage at the conservative overlords, then what you describe above is, at least to some extent, valid. And maybe to the full extent. Republicanism is madness.
    This is pretty much what I told a friend of mine this morning. She is worried sick that the Republicans will be able to overturn a close election and/or discourage lots of voters from even trying to vote. I told her that we must have the same attitude in the midterms as we did when Trump ran last year. I like to put it the way some of the Democratic WaPo commenters did last fall...."If I have to, I will crawl through glass to vote".

The problem in Georgia has always been that we've had too many apathetic voters. Trump changed that. Hopefully those same Democrats who have skipped voting in the midterms in the past, will show up next fall. Warnock has already raised over 7 million. If Stacey runs, that will help motivate people here to vote.

6. Top | #6
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by southernhybrid View Post
    She is worried sick that the Republicans will be able to overturn a close election
    I am even more worried that they will be able to overturn elections regardless of the margin. If the orange oracle says that losing by more than 7 million votes means the losers are "in the majority and it's not even close", it's reasonable to assume that the greater their margin of defeat, the more acceptable it will be to them to throw out the electoral results.

7. Top | #7
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The majority of idiots.

8. Top | #8
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    The majority of idiots.
    Mathematically, using the Bell Curve, 33.3% of the country are "idiots", so the "majority of idiots" would be about 17% of the country. That's about 54 Million American idiots.

9. Top | #9
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    The majority of idiots.
    Mathematically, using the Bell Curve, 33.3% of the country are "idiots", so the "majority of idiots" would be about 17% of the country. That's about 54 Million American idiots.
    Really?
    Got some evidence?

Or is this just another liberal piece of bullshit that TFT that applaud you for posting?
    Tom

10. Top | #10
    Archived
    Total Posts