Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Republican Ideas

1. Top | #1
    Archived
    Total Posts

Great Republican Ideas

At the suggestion of @Metaphor, I am creating this thread as a repository for the Republican or conservative ideas that will improve Americans' standard of living, create economic stability and prosperity, improve education and technology - or anything else that would benefit Americans as a whole.

Being personally bereft of any ideas on how Republicans plan to do any such thing, I am left with the cynical view that Republicans are currently devoted to making Americans poorer, less stable, less educated and technologically inept. I hope to be disabused of that notion by the presentation of even just a few of Republicans' Great Visionary Ideas. Thank you in advance.

2. Top | #2
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Republican hesitancy to vaccinate is going to keep COVID in play for the foreseeable future, highlighting the holes in our healthcare systems, our economy, even our political leadership's ability and willingness to represent the desires of their constituents. Eventually this highlighting MUST drive change.
    One way or another.

Max Planck once said,
    “A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.”
    ― Scientific Autobiography and Other Papers
    The GOP approach to vaccines is creating a similar mechanism, speeding the die-off of opponents and the eventual rise to power of those who adopt the safest measures, for themselves and their posterity.

3. Top | #3
    Archived
    Total Posts
    How far back in history are we allowed? In other words, is this about the Jekyll republicans or the hyde republicans?

4. Top | #4
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gospel View Post
    How far back in history are we allowed? In other words, is this about the Jekyll republicans or the hyde republicans?
    This is so important.

The Republican Party I grew up with had little in common with the TeaParty Republicans we have now.
    Tom

5. Top | #5
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    This is so important.

The Republican Party I grew up with had little in common with the TeaParty Republicans we have now.
    Tom
    Talking about CURRENT Republicans. Not back when they were what Democrats are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith&Co. View Post
    Republican hesitancy to vaccinate is going to keep COVID in play for the foreseeable future, highlighting the holes in our healthcare systems, our economy, even our political leadership's ability and willingness to represent the desires of their constituents. Eventually this highlighting MUST drive change.
    One way or another.
    Bzzzzt! Unintended consequences don't count. Waiting for positive, life-enhancing Republican ideas, visions and actions.
    Looks like it could be a very long wait...

6. Top | #6
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    This is so important.

Tom
    I'll go as far as saying the Republicans as of the end of slavery was the new (if not true) founding fathers of America. In comparison what I see in today's Republicans are unrecognizable.

7. Top | #7
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Bzzzzt! Unintended consequences don't count. Waiting for positive, life-enhancing Republican ideas, visions and actions.
    Looks like it could be a very long wait...
    This has to be one of the most difficult challenges out there. You should offer a $1 million reward, like, you know, proof of BigFoot or something.

That said, I found something that is representative of the Republican vision, but I'm not quite sure if it meets all the criteria.

Rand Paul and the 19-Year Libertarian War on Low-Flow Toilets

8. Top | #8
    Member *
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Once upon a time Republicans claimed to care about moral conduct.

They would not support an obvious and pathological liar for office.

9. Top | #9
    Veteran Member
    That said, I found something that is representative of the Republican vision, but I'm not quite sure if it meets all the criteria.
    From the article:
    Beyond the immediate buzz, conservative activists seem to agree that toilets and lightbulbs make for good talking points
    Oh great.
    "Marriage equality and feticide rights aren't working like they used to. Let's make water and electricity conservation the new wedge issues!"

Am I understanding that right?
    Tom

10. Top | #10
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Improve America's health care by repelling ACA and doing nothing else.

Improve America's infrastructure by giving it to the wealthy.

Lower deficit spending by cutting income but not spending.

Protect America's right to commit acts of honestly held religiously based acts of discrimination.