Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 334

Thread: Creation "science" and a Bible-based morality

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top | #1
    Veteran Member excreationist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,508
    Archived
    4,886
    Total Posts
    6,394
    Rep Power
    79

    Creation "science" and a Bible-based morality

    From Ken Ham's "The Genesis Solution" - Two Castles - the opposition is attacking the literalist Creationist view while the church is attacking the issues like pornography and homosexuality or attacking each other....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQg30zvvEgI&t=1509s



    In "The Genesis Solution" Ken Ham says that the Bible (and a literal Genesis) is the foundation for wearing clothes and being against homosexuality (God didn't make "Adam and Steve"). It says that evolution justifies racist views, divorce, abortion, and relativistic morality.

    So promoting Creationism can have moral reasons so that you have a strong foundation when trying to promote Biblical values like being against homosexuality, and men being the spiritual head of the family. So that gives Christians more reasons to support Creation science....

    Though of course modern day slavery is still wrong - or it is ok under certain circumstances in Bible times....
    https://answersingenesis.org/kids/bi...omote-slavery/
    https://answersingenesis.org/bible-q...pport-slavery/

    Updated pictures:
    https://answersingenesis.org/apologe...g-the-message/





    About clothing:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQg30zvvEgI&t=1010s
    "What did God do? He gave them coats - the first blood sacrifices are covering for their sin - beautiful picture of something to come wasn't it?"

  2. Top | #2
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    5,147
    Rep Power
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by excreationist View Post
    From Ken Ham's "The Genesis Solution" - Two Castles - the opposition is attacking the literalist Creationist view while the church is attacking the issues like pornography and homosexuality or attacking each other....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQg30zvvEgI&t=1509s



    In "The Genesis Solution" Ken Ham says that the Bible (and a literal Genesis) is the foundation for wearing clothes and being against homosexuality (God didn't make "Adam and Steve"). It says that evolution justifies racist views, divorce, abortion, and relativistic morality.

    So promoting Creationism can have moral reasons so that you have a strong foundation when trying to promote Biblical values like being against homosexuality, and men being the spiritual head of the family. So that gives Christians more reasons to support Creation science....

    Though of course modern day slavery is still wrong - or it is ok under certain circumstances in Bible times....
    https://answersingenesis.org/kids/bi...omote-slavery/
    https://answersingenesis.org/bible-q...pport-slavery/

    Updated pictures:
    https://answersingenesis.org/apologe...g-the-message/





    About clothing:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQg30zvvEgI&t=1010s
    "What did God do? He gave them coats - the first blood sacrifices are covering for their sin - beautiful picture of something to come wasn't it?"
    What does it mean to "be against homosexuality"? There are gay people. How do I "go against" them? What should I attack? That they are what they are? It's bizarre. Sorry, but I'm not going to go against anyone. I'm so glad that I don't have to live a life according to an ancient flawed Jewish handbook in order to appease an invisible god who won't show himself.

  3. Top | #3
    Elder Contributor DBT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    ɹǝpunuʍop puɐן
    Posts
    12,090
    Archived
    17,906
    Total Posts
    29,996
    Rep Power
    82
    Bible morality appears to be an oxymoron.

  4. Top | #4
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Port Clinton, Ohio
    Posts
    4,796
    Archived
    591
    Total Posts
    5,387
    Rep Power
    73
    If polling about Christianity in the US is accurate, the folks in the castle on the right reached their high water mark in the 1980s. That doesn't mean their zeal, lack of coherence, or delusions are lessening. Expect that, as they feel more benighted, they'll be even nuttier, very much like their overlapping brotherhood of Trump's angry old white folks.

  5. Top | #5
    Veteran Member James Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,522
    Archived
    5,844
    Total Posts
    9,366
    Rep Power
    64
    Religion and morality have as much to do with each other and eyesight and eye color.

  6. Top | #6
    Veteran Member excreationist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,508
    Archived
    4,886
    Total Posts
    6,394
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by James Brown View Post
    Religion and morality have as much to do with each other and eyesight and eye color.
    What about the ten commandments, etc? Morality based on "God's word" theoretically has an absolute foundation while "anything goes" if you base it on man's opinions.

  7. Top | #7
    Veteran Member excreationist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,508
    Archived
    4,886
    Total Posts
    6,394
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    What does it mean to "be against homosexuality"? There are gay people. How do I "go against" them? What should I attack?
    Ken Ham thinks homosexuality is immoral in a similar way that people often think paedophilia is, especially if the person acts on their desires. Going against it would involve speaking out against it and discouraging it. In more recent versions of the picture this has become "gay marriage" and this would involve fighting the laws, chuches, etc.

  8. Top | #8
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    1,484
    Archived
    2,799
    Total Posts
    4,283
    Rep Power
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by excreationist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    What does it mean to "be against homosexuality"? There are gay people. How do I "go against" them? What should I attack?
    Ken Ham thinks homosexuality is immoral in a similar way that people often think paedophilia is, especially if the person acts on their desires. Going against it would involve speaking out against it and discouraging it. In more recent versions of the picture this has become "gay marriage" and this would involve fighting the laws, chuches, etc.
    Again, why should we give a fuck what Ken Ham thinks? His nonsense has been debunked over and over, and one doesn't have to look very far to find good rebuttals to most of Ham's opinions. If you find his claims to be credible, make your case, don't just link to the garbage he puts out.

  9. Top | #9
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Port Clinton, Ohio
    Posts
    4,796
    Archived
    591
    Total Posts
    5,387
    Rep Power
    73
    Also, based on these re-posts, Ham ain't nearly as much fun as the old Jack Chick comic book tracts. At least Chick had the sinners covered with skin lesions and roasting in the hellfire. Long live Jack Chick, except he's dead, and maybe in heaven. Or just growing mold underground.

  10. Top | #10
    Veteran Member excreationist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,508
    Archived
    4,886
    Total Posts
    6,394
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by ideologyhunter View Post
    Also, based on these re-posts, Ham ain't nearly as much fun as the old Jack Chick comic book tracts. At least Chick had the sinners covered with skin lesions and roasting in the hellfire. Long live Jack Chick, except he's dead, and maybe in heaven. Or just growing mold underground.
    BTW here's a creation vs evolution Chick tract:
    https://www.chick.com/products/tract?stk=0055
    It encourages YEC students to argue with their lecturers....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •