Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Returning to an old topic--Gaza and the vaccine

1. Top | #1
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts

Returning to an old topic--Gaza and the vaccine

We have even more evidence that the flap about the expiration dates was garbage:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...itudes-in-gaza

They've got a vaccination rate below 5% because the people won't take it. They're out of arms, not out of vaccine.

2. Top | #2
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Maybe they watch too much Fox News.

3. Top | #3
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy Man View Post
    Or, maybe, Gazan news sources are about as reliable as Fox?
    Tom

4. Top | #4
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I find it interesting that LP wishes to draw attention to a forgotten minor event. But the OP mixes two distinct issues - expiration dates of vaccines with willingness to have a vaccine.

5. Top | #5
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    I find it interesting that LP wishes to draw attention to a forgotten minor event. But the OP mixes two distinct issues - expiration dates of vaccines with willingness to have a vaccine.
    The point is if they needed it for their people the dates wouldn't have mattered.

However, if the true plan had been to pull a Saddam and sell it...

6. Top | #6
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    The point is if they needed it for their people the dates wouldn't have mattered.
    Except they do need it for their people, so the dates matter for those who want it.

7. Top | #7
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy Man View Post
    Or, maybe, Gazan news sources are about as reliable as Fox?
    Tom
    0/0 is mathematically undefined.

8. Top | #8
    Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    Except they do need it for their people, so the dates matter for those who want it.
    This brings up a question I don't know how to even research.

Given that the vaccine's expiration is measured in hours, after removing from super deep freeze, that's got to have a huge impact on availability in areas were simple things like electricity can't be taken for granted.

That's much of the modern world, from Gaza to rural India to small villages in Africa or South America. Lots of places just don't have the infrastructure to reliably keep the delicate vaccine viable.
    That seems like a huge problem to me, but one I never hear addressed.

On a side note, does anybody have a simple answer about why this is? I've never heard of the problem with other vaccines, but it also never occurred to me to wonder.
    Tom

9. Top | #9
    Contributor

Given that the vaccine's expiration is measured in hours, after removing from super deep freeze, that's got to have a huge impact on availability in areas were simple things like electricity can't be taken for granted.

That's much of the modern world, from Gaza to rural India to small villages in Africa or South America. Lots of places just don't have the infrastructure to reliably keep the delicate vaccine viable.

On a side note, does anybody have a simple answer about why this is? I've never heard of the problem with other vaccines, but it also never occurred to me to wonder.
    Tom
    The X-117M micro-chip in the vaccine must be stored in cold and can only last 12 hours once exposed to air. CIA needs to up their game here IMO.

10. Top | #10
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

Tom
    The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines use mRNA which is extremely fragile. These vaccines work by “ teaching” the body’s defense system to make a protein which will combat yhe covid virus.

Traditional vaccines use some of the disease to activate the bodies defense system. These are not as fragile.