Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now there is a conspiracy against Easter

1. Top | #1
    Archived
    Total Posts

Now there is a conspiracy against Easter

It is unthinkable for a christian to be invited to work or eat at Easter

A Supreme Court judge upset over the All India Chief Justices Conference being held on Good Friday has decided not to attend a dinner being hosted by Prime Minister Narendra Modi for top judges on Saturday because it coincides with the Easter weekend.

Justice Kurian Joseph expressed his concerns over the conference being held on Good Friday, a holy day for Christians, in a letter sent to Modi on April 1. The judge wrote to Modi after Chief Justice HL Dattu did not heed his objections to the timing of the three-day event.

Joseph thanked the prime minister for the invitation to the dinner but said: "I regret my inability to attend the event as the conference coincides with the Good Friday ceremonies. Good Friday is a day of great religious significance to us, marking the crucifixion and death of Jesus Christ.

"I know it is too late to reschedule the events. But being the guardian of Indian secularism, I request your Honour to kindly have in mind these concerns also while scheduling events and benevolently show equal importance and respect to the sacred days of all religions which are also declared as national holidays," the letter said.
    The whole world jealously looks at the beauty of the secular image, communal harmony and cultural integrity of our great nation. India must in these trying times, safeguard her credentials and be a model that other nations must follow," he said.

Dattu had on March 18 rejected Joseph's request, insisting it was not the first time the conference was held on a public holiday. He cited several precedents to support his decision, which he said was made to avoid disruption of normal working days. He also said institutional interests were paramount.
    I like it how he is only protecting secularism by refusing to work on a religious holiday and making a huge fuss by writing to the PM and getting his letter published in all national dailies.

The Chief Justice responded, not judicially, but rather nastily though he did make good points - -

CJI categorically stated that for him personally, "more important than anything else" is the agenda to be discussed at the conference, ranging from judicial reforms, computerization of courts and reduction of backlog among other issues. He said the conference had been called in the first week of April because "the CJI and his two senior most colleagues and Chief Justices of HCs will be free from regular court work and be able to contribute to the cause of judiciary".
    He says "assuming that religious ceremonies and family get together are more important than institutional interest, you (Justice Joseph) could have asked your family to join you in Delhi. By doing that you could have struck balance between the institutional interest and family commitments."
    Last week, CJI Dattu had made similar observations when advocate Lily Thomas protested against the conference being held on Good Friday. He had pointed out that in 2007, the chief justices' conference was held on Valmiki Day, and in 2009, on Independence Day. "In 2007 and 2009, nobody had any grievance. Is it because I am CJI (chief justice of India)? What happened to spirituality back then? If you want to oppose it, please file a petition and let the court take a decision," he had told Thomas.

Meanwhile since a film festival is being held on Easter it is obviously yet another attack against Christians by the new govt.

2. Top | #2
    Archived
    Total Posts

Who keeps leaking out godless schemes on the Internet? I am getting flustered.

3. Top | #3
    Super Moderator
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullmoose Too View Post

Who keeps leaking out godless schemes on the Internet? I am getting flustered.
    Ya, the first rule of the Evil Atheist Conspiracy is that YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT THE EVIL ATHEIST CONSPIRACY.

I really don't see what the point was in taking over all the media in the world in order to advance the homosexual agenda if we don't find a way to squash the stories which openly discuss our malevolent plans.

Step the fuck up, people.

4. Top | #4
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Now innocent christians have been fooled into supporting atheist conspiracy

But Justice K.T. Thomas, a widely respected former judge who served in the Supreme Court, told The Telegraph from Kottayam in Kerala: "On a previous occasion in 2007, the conference of chief justices was held (on a Good Friday), nobody even bothered. This is because today there are people who want to show that there is Christian persecution in India, to which I don't agree. There is no persecution of Christians in India. I am a church-going Christian. For the last 12 years, I am delivering sermon on Good Friday. That is my personal thing and belief."

Justice Thomas, who had presided over the Rajiv Gandhi assassination trial in the Supreme Court and turned out a request from the Centre to head the Lokpal selection committee, added: "What the chief justices are doing is also a holy act. They are implementing justice for the people on a Good Friday. Jesus Christ will bless them. The criticism only shows that some people have become intolerant."

5. Top | #5
    Archived
    Total Posts
    This is a tangent, but hinduwoman I just was watching a lecture by some Indian woman yesterday and her voice, mannerisms, cadence were just so annoying as hell. I have noticed this with some other Indian women and almost no other women of of any ethnicity.

Arundhati Roy,who is wicked smart, is also so damn grating to listen to sonically.

Maybe it is because they have so many rising tones that break off in a screaching way.

6. Top | #6
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    He says "assuming that religious ceremonies and family get together are more important than institutional interest, you (Justice Joseph) could have asked your family to join you in Delhi. By doing that you could have struck balance between the institutional interest and family commitments."
    Family get togethers are more important than unnewsworthy institutional interests. If it were something of imminent danger and concern, that's one thing, but dreary quackery over backlogs can take a backseat to Easter egg hunts. Rabbits one ... politicians none!

7. Top | #7
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

A conspiracy against Easter? I know someone who is gonna be pissed

8. Top | #8
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Potoooooooo View Post
    I really prefer the Chocolate versions you can pick up at the 99 cent store. They are nowhere near as threatening...even though they may just come from China and may have been made by slave labor on Christmas. Atheists are just so damned insensitive! Even though we were all atheists in our family, we did get a kick out of dying easter eggs, hiding them and finding them....and eating all that unhealthy candy.

9. Top | #9
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by repoman View Post
    This is a tangent, but hinduwoman I just was watching a lecture by some Indian woman yesterday and her voice, mannerisms, cadence were just so annoying as hell. I have noticed this with some other Indian women and almost no other women of of any ethnicity.

Arundhati Roy,who is wicked smart, is also so damn grating to listen to sonically.

Maybe it is because they have so many rising tones that break off in a screaching way.
    I feel your pain, Repoman! It would help if she would watch some videos of herself and see how her condescending (though not necessarily wrong) pure human speech doth offend many. She doesn't appear to be getting as much play as she used to. Her mannerisms can be very off putting.

10. Top | #10
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Probably never went to elocution classes!