Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee With Obama

  1. Top | #1
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Do you like my pretty crown?
    Posts
    18,669
    Archived
    3,034
    Total Posts
    21,703
    Rep Power
    95

    Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee With Obama

    Jerry Seinfeld with Barack Obama.


  2. Top | #2
    Elder Contributor barbos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mlky Way galaxy
    Posts
    10,731
    Archived
    8,047
    Total Posts
    18,778
    Rep Power
    65
    LOL, too bad actual comedians don't run for President in US. I actually think most of them would be better than average.

  3. Top | #3
    Deus Meumque Jus
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Canada's London
    Posts
    10,327
    Archived
    9,514
    Total Posts
    19,841
    Rep Power
    49
    Obama's got such a great sense of humor, incredible that a guy like that made it to office. I was a little too young during Clinton's terms, but I imagine he might have been similar.

  4. Top | #4
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Do you like my pretty crown?
    Posts
    18,669
    Archived
    3,034
    Total Posts
    21,703
    Rep Power
    95
    I agree. He seems like he'd be a great guy to stand at a bar, have a few drinks and shoot the shit with.

  5. Top | #5
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    2,532
    Archived
    4,183
    Total Posts
    6,715
    Rep Power
    70
    Yeah, that was pretty good. Obviously, at least some of it was staged and scripted, but I wonder how much of the conversation, especially in the break room, was ad libbed.

  6. Top | #6
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    21,766
    Archived
    16,553
    Total Posts
    38,319
    Rep Power
    75
    Seinfeld is a funny guy.

    He's honest too. Being famous is a lot better than being anonymous.

    It's nice having scores of peasants kiss your ass.

  7. Top | #7
    Deus Meumque Jus
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Canada's London
    Posts
    10,327
    Archived
    9,514
    Total Posts
    19,841
    Rep Power
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by untermensche View Post
    Seinfeld is a funny guy.

    He's honest too. Being famous is a lot better than being anonymous.

    It's nice having scores of peasants kiss your ass.
    I assumed he was hinting at hordes of women throwing themselves at him, likely not a problem for Obama even in his university days. Obama is tired of hordes of ladies, just wants to chill on a park-bench with a coffee.

  8. Top | #8
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    21,766
    Archived
    16,553
    Total Posts
    38,319
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by untermensche View Post
    Seinfeld is a funny guy.

    He's honest too. Being famous is a lot better than being anonymous.

    It's nice having scores of peasants kiss your ass.
    I assumed he was hinting at hordes of women throwing themselves at him, likely not a problem for Obama even in his university days. Obama is tired of hordes of ladies, just wants to chill on a park-bench with a coffee.
    It's not the women. It's the VIP treatment and the ability to get to mingle with other famous people, like Obama.

    But Obama will enjoy his celebrity more when he isn't president anymore. That's a thankless job even if you get treated like a king.

  9. Top | #9
    Loony Running The Asylum ZiprHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Do you like my pretty crown?
    Posts
    18,669
    Archived
    3,034
    Total Posts
    21,703
    Rep Power
    95
    How cool is it to have a president doing burn-outs in a corvette on the white house drive way.

  10. Top | #10
    The Doctor's Wife RavenSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    10,705
    Archived
    11,804
    Total Posts
    22,509
    Rep Power
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
    How cool is it to have a president doing burn-outs in a corvette on the white house drive way.
    Very

Similar Threads

  1. Making Coffee
    By steve_bank in forum Foods and Recipes
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-09-2020, 02:40 AM
  2. Potholer video: does coffee cause cancer?
    By Underseer in forum Natural Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2018, 03:02 PM
  3. Replies: 87
    Last Post: 06-14-2016, 04:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •