Thread: Clintonians on the offensive [parody]

1. Top | #1
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

Clintonians on the offensive [parody]

Bill Clinton: Bernie is a sexist. He hates women. Believe me, I know. I love women.

Madeline Albright: I've done more to support leaving women husband-less than any other Secretary of State. That's why there will be a special place in hell for me.

Gloria Steinem: Pfft. Girls are only voting for Sanders because they are following their liberal, hippy boyfriends. It's just like when they sit around watching boys play video games for hours. They're, like, so superficial.

2. Top | #2
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Don2 (Don1 Revised) View Post
    Bill Clinton: Bernie is a sexist. He hates women. Believe me, I know. I love women.

Madeline Albright: I've done more to support leaving women husband-less than any other Secretary of State. That's why there will be a special place in hell for me.

Gloria Steinem: Pfft. Girls are only voting for Sanders because they are following their liberal, hippy boyfriends. It's just like when they sit around watching boys play video games for hours. They're, like, so superficial.
    What shocks me is the number of people who seem able to ignore Clinton's actions and make it some sort of issue about women somehow being a necessity in the Oval office regardless of whether or not she is sold out to Wall Street, big Pharma, the Military Industrial Complex etc. etc. etc. That just seems to baffle me. So far as I see it, Sanders is the cleanest candidate in the race and he does not flip flop.

3. Top | #3
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arkirk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don2 (Don1 Revised) View Post

What shocks me is the number of people who seem able to ignore Clinton's actions and make it some sort of issue about women somehow being a necessity in the Oval office regardless of whether or not she is sold out to Wall Street, big Pharma, the Military Industrial Complex etc. etc. etc. That just seems to baffle me. So far as I see it, Sanders is the cleanest candidate in the race and he does not flip flop.
    Stop it arkirk.

Had Mrs Clinton sold out to wall street there'd be more than "she took big bucks to give speeches". Well there isn't so here come the smears.

As for Bernie, the wonderful guy with perfect solutions that have been around for about a hundred years but have never have been enacted, testifies they are perfect in theory but imperfect for america. We're not Europe. We value individualism over collectivism as the machine for government. We're set up to put as much of governance into to the hands of the private sector as we can so we can retain our value system which is to celebrate the individual and not the group.

Insurance companies rather than bureaucracies run such as health care and transportation. Other corporate entities are importantly involved in education, banking, city services, etc. rather than this or that elected board or government entity.

Yeah, what Europe does works for Europe because the individual is assumed a part of society whereas it doesn't work here where the society is here to serve the individual.

Its in our political system. That means means Bernie's ideas are DOA. Whereas we have a health care system precisely because Hillary understands we are not Europeans. We can't tear things down precisely because we are a society of individuals rather that we are a collective society. As idealists mature they adjust to realities and get as much done as possible. Bernie didn't so we don't have single payer system. Hillary did so we have a national medical system.

4. Top | #4
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fromderinside View Post
    Had Mrs Clinton sold out to wall street there'd be more than "she took big bucks to give speeches". Well there isn't so here come the smears.
    What would that be?

We're set up to put as much of governance into to the hands of the private sector as we can so we can retain our value system which is to celebrate the individual and not the group.
    Don't make me laugh. Businesses are collectivist entities, especially big businesses.

What you say might make sense in a nation of small farmers and shopkeepers and artisans, a nation free of big businesses. But that's not reality.

Insurance companies rather than bureaucracies run such as health care and transportation. Other corporate entities are importantly involved in education, banking, city services, etc. rather than this or that elected board or government entity.
    Businesses are all bureaucracy-free? News to me.

Yeah, what Europe does works for Europe because the individual is assumed a part of society whereas it doesn't work here where the society is here to serve the individual.
    What a caricature. There are plenty of Europeans here, so you can ask them if their societies are Borg-like, anthill-like, hive-mind societies.