Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: The Tea Thread

1. Top | #181
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Holy Basil is pulling away as my go to for stress relief. Takes the edge off without putting me to sleep. After drinking a ton of sedative tea I'd break them down to something like this:

Holy Basil - De-stresses without putting me to sleep or tiring me out mentally

Mint - Acts as a body relaxant but makes mental focus more difficult

Chamomile - Makes me sleepy but doesn't knock me right out

Lavender - Strong enough and it's like a sleeping pill

Valerian Root - Strong sedative but tastes terrible

A few weeks ago I bought the same amount of the first four, and noticed that I go through Peppermint and Holy Basil much faster than Chamomile or Lavender, which speaks to the fact that I don't often need sedatives to get to sleep these days. But Peppermint and Tulsi act as good relaxants in lieu of beer or liquor.

2. Top | #182
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    My parents brought me back tea directly from the Nuwara Eliya estate in Sri Lanka yesterday. It's good.

Tastes a bit fresher than the stuff I get from the same estate at my local, but that could be my imagination.

3. Top | #183
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Yesterday I picked up a tea I'd never tried before, called Pitta Balance, which is a mixture of Hibiscus, Peppermint, Lemon Grass, Rose Petals, Calendula Petals, and Red Clover. Definitely a floral taste, which is new. Not a tea I'd normally drink, but thought I'd switch it up a bit.

Also picked up a small packet of Nuwara Eliya to compare with the stuff my parents brought me, and can confirm (and so can the tea shop owner) that the freshness of the stuff directly from the plantation is not my imagination.