Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: The Tea Thread

1. Top | #191
    Archived
    Total Posts
    If I want a jolt I get espresso. Usually with fish I ask for iced black tea with lemon. Light, fresh, works well with white fish, shrimp, and crab. I'm a bit skittish around oysters since I had a strong allergic reaction once. But if I had raw oysters I'd insist on iced black tea with lemon.

Recently bride has taken to Kirin beer a Japanese restaurants. She says its much better than hefe like those from Deschutes.

2. Top | #192
    Deus Meumque Jus
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Turmeric Spice - Cardamom, ginger, coriander, cinnamon, turmeric, pepper, cloves.

It's meant to be added in with other teas, but a whole experience on it's own.

3. Top | #193
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Here in Houston, world's biggest little city, lapsong souchong tea is unobtainable. So I finally broke down and ordered some over the internet. I am so happy again. 2 pounds cost me $26 with S&H. This is 4 mason jars worth and a bit. This should last me a year or so.
    I have scrubbed my Chatsford tea pot out and I am brewing some as we speak.

I just discovered something, Texas does not allow liquor to be shipped to a Texas state resident. So to get rum, I have to brave the covid-19 riddled real world outside. But I have tea. I can't get eggs or meat, but I have a king's ransom in lapsong souchong tea.
    Cheerful Charlie

4. Top | #194
    Deus Meumque Jus
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Wading back into the world of caffeine again and ordered a few black teas a few weeks ago, a premium, mid-grade, and lower-grade.

Golden Yunnan

Golden Yunnan is a rare top quality tea from Yunnan province in China. It is only made during the last two weeks of March and the first two weeks of April, when the new season growth flushes in a particular manner that gives a high percentage of golden tip. The bouquet is reminiscent of cocoa. A somewhat spicy character and bouquet. This tea is also referred to as Golden Heaven Yunnan.
    Organic Ceylon

A classic Ceylon tea. Light liquoring with hints of delicate floral notes. Lovely tea for afternoon tea parties.
    Kenyan Kambaa

A quality Kenyan CTC grade tea produces a strong, brisk cup. This tea has a very malty flavor that has light hints of currant. With milk the cup is bright golden and inviting. A hearty breakfast tea. Here is a new variation: add Kandis rock sugar and cream. Do not stir the tea but enjoy the different layers of taste. This tradition originates in Germany.
    I'd forgotten how enjoyable a high quality black could be, but I usually only order small amounts of it. The Golden Yunnan set me back 12.50 for 50 grams, but it's very, very good. The Ceylon is more of an every-day tea, but oddly enough I almost prefer the harshness of the Kambaa.

Also included a big bag of spearmint in my order, but next time I think I'll stick with peppermint.