Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tea Thread

1. Top | #21
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
    Stepped up my tea game today and got one of these:

For home and at work from David's.

Their tea is a bit much for me, but their mugs/infusers are fantastic.
    rosseau,

I have 5 different infusers.

I have 2 stainless steel baskets, 1 mesh basket, 1 ball infuser and 1 that is a smaller ball on a stick.

Of these, the mesh and basket infusers are my preferred method of brewing tea.

If you want to try different infusers, try shopping at T2. They have a multitude of infusers and you can find one that suits your needs.

Do you have two? One for work and one for home? Or do you transport it each day?

Gaynor

2. Top | #22
    The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I drink this. Not their tea bags, which are, for some unfathomable reason, vile; but their leaf tea, which is excellent.

When it goes on special at the supermarket, I buy their entire stock; I have never paid full price for it, and I have a nice cool dry cupboard full of it, so I am in no danger of running out.

3. Top | #23
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bilby View Post
    I drink this. Not their tea bags, which are, for some unfathomable reason, vile; but their leaf tea, which is excellent.

When it goes on special at the supermarket, I buy their entire stock; I have never paid full price for it, and I have a nice cool dry cupboard full of it, so I am in no danger of running out.
    umm - I know what tea you drink, but I think you are leaving everyone else in cloud of mystery!

4. Top | #24
    Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmbteach View Post
    Stepped up my tea game today and got one of these:

For home and at work from David's.

Their tea is a bit much for me, but their mugs/infusers are fantastic.
    rosseau,

I have 2 stainless steel baskets, 1 mesh basket, 1 ball infuser and 1 that is a smaller ball on a stick.

If you want to try different infusers, try shopping at T2. They have a multitude of infusers and you can find one that suits your needs.

Do you have two? One for work and one for home? Or do you transport it each day?

Gaynor
    By 'one of these' I meant the mug AND the infuser which come as a set, along with a lid that doubles as a tray for the infuser. David's makes pretty practical and stylish mugs so a lot of serious tea drinkers use them.

For the past year I've had a similar (but ceramic) mug from David's both at home and at work (two mugs). About a month ago I saw this clear mug at David's though and thought it'd be a pretty cool piece to own, and my original David's mug was about four years old so I figured it was time for an upgrade.

I bought two of them with a slight variation, one for work and one for home, so now I've got way too many tea mugs, but good for company.

When you work in an office and everyone is looking at you all day, having a good looking mug is good for everyone.

5. Top | #25
    Archived
    Total Posts

rosseau,

Gaynor
    By 'one of these' I meant the mug AND the infuser which come as a set, along with a lid that doubles as a tray for the infuser. David's makes pretty practical and stylish mugs so a lot of serious tea drinkers use them.

For the past year I've had a similar (but ceramic) mug from David's both at home and at work (two mugs). About a month ago I saw this clear mug at David's though and thought it'd be a pretty cool piece to own, and my original David's mug was about four years old so I figured it was time for an upgrade.

I bought two of them with a slight variation, one for work and one for home, so now I've got way too many tea mugs, but good for company.

When you work in an office and everyone is looking at you all day, having a good looking mug is good for everyone.
    I used to take different mugs to work depending on the day. My favourite was this one:

for a Thursday. Unfortunately, it dropped on the floor and I haven't really been able to replace it.

6. Top | #26
    Archived
    Total Posts

umm - I know what tea you drink, but I think you are leaving everyone else in cloud of mystery!
    Only if they don't know how to recognize (and/or click on) a hyperlink...

7. Top | #27
    Archived
    Total Posts

Only if they don't know how to recognize (and/or click on) a hyperlink...
    I missed the hyperlink - OOPS!

8. Top | #28
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The subtext is strong in this thread.

Those of you who value free dumb over safe tea should shut the fuck up.

9. Top | #29
    i'm deeply southern and i like iced tea, but i like hot tea, too.
    blends: earl grey, spice dragon, red zinger/hibiscus, tazo passion
    add ins: green tea w/spearmint, black tea w/spearmint, black tea w/cardamon (love it), jasmine
    others: hoji-cha (roasted tea), ceylon, darjeeling, lapsang souchong, oolong
    herbs: yerba mate, ginger, kola nut, princess java rose, dandelion root, camomile, roobios

often i make pitchers/pots of tea with family sized black or green tea plus a flavor bag

you should try: hoji-cha, roasted green tea, lapsang souchong, a twinings type but rare, very strong, dandelion root with black tea (dandelion root is very strong and earthy)

any of these hot or iced. i had iced earl grey all day today, loved it. but black tea with spearmint (plantation mint) iced is my fav for the hot summers. cardamon tea, though is pushing for #1, like you get in persian restaurants. i use sucralose, due to diabetes, and really just prefer it now. some teas take sugar, some don't - only milk with hot earl grey.

question: what is it that makes thai tea thai tea? is it the orange dye?

10. Top | #30
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tantric View Post
    i'm deeply southern and i like iced tea, but i like hot tea, too.
    blends: earl grey, spice dragon, red zinger/hibiscus, tazo passion
    add ins: green tea w/spearmint, black tea w/spearmint, black tea w/cardamon (love it), jasmine
    others: hoji-cha (roasted tea), ceylon, darjeeling, lapsang souchong, oolong
    herbs: yerba mate, ginger, kola nut, princess java rose, dandelion root, camomile, roobios

often i make pitchers/pots of tea with family sized black or green tea plus a flavor bag

you should try: hoji-cha, roasted green tea, lapsang souchong, a twinings type but rare, very strong, dandelion root with black tea (dandelion root is very strong and earthy)

any of these hot or iced. i had iced earl grey all day today, loved it. but black tea with spearmint (plantation mint) iced is my fav for the hot summers. cardamon tea, though is pushing for #1, like you get in persian restaurants. i use sucralose, due to diabetes, and really just prefer it now. some teas take sugar, some don't - only milk with hot earl grey.

question: what is it that makes thai tea thai tea? is it the orange dye?
    Coming from Thailand, perhaps?