Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Arresting black people for committing crimes is now apparently "racist"

1. Top | #1
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts

Arresting black people for committing crimes is now apparently "racist"

Race, Graffiti and an Arrest

In reality, the only thing racist here is Denzel McDonald. Funny how his violent and racist messages are described as "anti-racist". And of course this asshole is attending an "Afro-American Studies" class, which should be renamed "Blame Whitey for Everything" class. '

I also wonder if he is an affirmative action admission. I mean his spelling skills seem rather weak.
    Last edited by Derec; 04-19-2016 at 03:07 PM.

2. Top | #2
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Your post is racist. If you actually have a point you want to discuss, re-write your OP to remove the racist bullshit, and then state your position

3. Top | #3
    Archived
    Total Posts
    It appears that they are upset with the manner of arrest. Nobody said the police were motivated by race.

Agreed, the OP needs to be rewritten.

I also wonder if he is an affirmative action admission. I mean his spelling skills seem rather weak.
    You obviously don't know what Affirmative Action is, or how it is implemented.

4. Top | #4
    Elder Contributor
    Archived
    Total Posts
    I would be interested to know if the university police exerted the same effort to arrest all perpetrators of vandalism before I would jump to a conclusion.

5. Top | #5
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing dog View Post
    I would be interested to know if the university police exerted the same effort to arrest all perpetrators of vandalism before I would jump to a conclusion.
    If I wanted to discuss any of this before Derec revises his OP, I'd agree with you. Perhaps I will start a new thread where the rest of us can discuss the actual points of the case without the racist overtones of the OP

6. Top | #6
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Depends, but I suspect he bragged about it on the Facebooks. Or one of his friends stooled him out. Police are kinda lazy over such acts.

7. Top | #7
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Squirrel View Post
    Depends, but I suspect he bragged about it on the Facebooks. Or one of his friends stooled him out.
    From the aritcle:
    Quote Originally Posted by linked article
    The student, a senior named Denzel McDonald, was then arrested on 11 preliminary counts of vandalism and one count of disorderly conduct, for allegedly threatening to kill someone who saw him painting the graffiti.
    My assumption is that the threatened person ignored the threat and turned him in anyway, otherwise, the cops likely would not have known about the threat.

8. Top | #8
    Archived
    Total Posts
    from the article
    After the arrest, Almiron and other faculty members wrote an open letter condemning the arrest for occurring in the middle of class. They asked that McDonald be “given immunity from expulsion,” and said that the police’s response to the graffiti was overzealous.
    “Even the rash of violent crimes on campus such as rape and sexual assault have not received this kind of response,” the faculty wrote. “This charge was for vandalism.
    The university’s Teaching Assistants’ Association also criticized the arrest, saying in a statement that “at a time when we are witnessing an upsurge in racist backlash against movements for a more inclusive university, officials acting on behalf of the university will respond aggressively to the victims of that backlash rather than to its perpetrators.”

On Friday, Susan Riseling, the university’s police chief, released a statement apologizing for the officers’ behavior.
    Promising a review of the department's practices, Rebecca Blank, the university’s chancellor, said in a statement that the officers entering the classroom was not appropriate,

9. Top | #9
    Archived
    Total Posts
    How come Derec didn't quote this part and make any of his racist jokes about the perpetrators of these incidents:

The university has experienced several racist incidents in recent months, including students finding graffiti of a man hanging from a tree in a campus restroom.

In January, a student taped swastikas and photographs of Hitler on the door of a Jewish student’s room. In March, three students interrupted an event about Native Americans who were victims of sexual assault by yelling “war cry” noises. Later than month, a student spat on a group of black students, calling them “poor and here on scholarship.”

Earlier this month, someone slipped a note under the door of a freshman who is biracial and identifies as African-American. “Fuck you nigger bitch,” the note read.

10. Top | #10
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenSky View Post
    Your post is racist. If you actually have a point you want to discuss, re-write your OP to remove the racist bullshit, and then state your position
    You are referring to his use of the racist word "whitey", right?