Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Piedmont Park Hanging

  1. Top | #1
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,851
    Archived
    15,686
    Total Posts
    30,537
    Rep Power
    77

    Piedmont Park Hanging

    Piedmont Park is a popular park in Midtown Atlanta. This morning the body of a hanged black man was found at the entrance. And while we do not know whether it was suicide or murder (medical examiner called it "consistent with suicide"), or the motive/culprits if it was murder people are already jumping to conclusions and our mayor already outsourced the investigation to the FBI. Shouldn't the local cops not be given at least a few days to conduct their own investigation before you call in the FBI?
    Piedmont Park hanging referred to FBI

  2. Top | #2
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,345
    Archived
    42,293
    Total Posts
    58,638
    Rep Power
    85
    No, when you have a black man hanged in a Southern city, it's best to outsource it to the professionals and not let thlocaks handle it. That's true if it turns out to be a suicide as well.

  3. Top | #3
    Contributor Nice Squirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    6,083
    Archived
    20,921
    Total Posts
    27,004
    Rep Power
    63
    I'd outsource it and avoid any accusations of police mishandling.

  4. Top | #4
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    22,837
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    65,310
    Rep Power
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    Piedmont Park is a popular park in Midtown Atlanta. This morning the body of a hanged black man was found at the entrance. And while we do not know whether it was suicide or murder (medical examiner called it "consistent with suicide"), or the motive/culprits if it was murder people are already jumping to conclusions and our mayor already outsourced the investigation to the FBI. Shouldn't the local cops not be given at least a few days to conduct their own investigation before you call in the FBI?
    Piedmont Park hanging referred to FBI
    The fuckwits running the police in Ferguson pretty much set back confidence in southern police back quite a bit.

  5. Top | #5
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,851
    Archived
    15,686
    Total Posts
    30,537
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    The fuckwits running the police in Ferguson pretty much set back confidence in southern police back quite a bit.
    Why fuckwits? They came to the same conclusion as the feds - the shooting was justified. And I don't think FBI finding it was suicide (or even non-racial murder) will shut up the racist conspiracy theories. Just look at the witch hunts surrounding the Kendrick Johnson case in Valdosta.

  6. Top | #6
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    22,837
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    65,310
    Rep Power
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Derec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    The fuckwits running the police in Ferguson pretty much set back confidence in southern police back quite a bit.
    Why fuckwits? They came to the same conclusion as the feds - the shooting was justified.
    The handling of the PR after the shooting and complete inability to even show a modicum of empathy. How they put out officers in riot gear almost immediately and helped to escalate the tensions after the shooting.

    You'll remember, they needed to get the Highway Police involved to keep the stupid yokel idiots officers from blowing this into a huge problem. And once the Highway Police managed to calm nerves, they yokels just started yakking again, making things worse.

  7. Top | #7
    Contributor Nice Squirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    6,083
    Archived
    20,921
    Total Posts
    27,004
    Rep Power
    63
    Of course they won't shut up conspiracists, the FBI will deflect any blame from the local police for covering up "facts".

  8. Top | #8
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Located 100 miles east of A in America
    Posts
    22,837
    Archived
    42,473
    Total Posts
    65,310
    Rep Power
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Squirrel View Post
    Of course they won't shut up conspiracists, the FBI will deflect any blame from the local police for covering up "facts".
    Your argument is persuasive, but a YouTube link would really get me on board. The longer the video, the better.

  9. Top | #9
    Elder Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,851
    Archived
    15,686
    Total Posts
    30,537
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
    No, when you have a black man hanged in a Southern city, it's best to outsource it to the professionals and not let thlocaks handle it. That's true if it turns out to be a suicide as well.
    Local police is also professionals. This is Atlanta, not Mayberry. In any case it is quite insulting to call the feds in this early.
    Speaking of hangings of black men, there have been two recentish cases in the South. Well one man, one boy.
    Was a black teen's hanging death a hate crime? The FBI answers, two years later
    Has not been found to be murder, much less a racial one, although there are suspicious circumstances. The clue of the new Jordans opens the possibility of a regular murder, rather than a racial based one. Or whoever really discovered the body first swapped the sneakers off an already dead body.
    No evidence of homicide in Mississippi black man's hanging, authorities say

    PS: "thlocaks": Most epic typo ever. I think you need your morning coffee, stat.
    PPS: I really hope it's suicide or at least a garden variety murder. We do not need more racial tension.

  10. Top | #10
    Contributor Nice Squirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    6,083
    Archived
    20,921
    Total Posts
    27,004
    Rep Power
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Higgins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Squirrel View Post
    Of course they won't shut up conspiracists, the FBI will deflect any blame from the local police for covering up "facts".
    Your argument is persuasive, but a YouTube link would really get me on board. The longer the video, the better.

Similar Threads

  1. Evermore Park
    By ZiprHead in forum Travel Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2018, 03:01 PM
  2. Creationist Ken Ham Blames Atheists For Ark Park Failure
    By AthenaAwakened in forum Media & Culture Gallery
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-20-2017, 01:18 PM
  3. South Park Yaoi episode
    By repoman in forum Media & Culture Gallery
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-03-2015, 05:22 PM
  4. A Hanging in Bladen County
    By AthenaAwakened in forum Political Discussions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-14-2014, 05:35 AM
  5. Working Mom Arrested for Letting Her 9-Year-Old Play Alone at Park
    By NobleSavage in forum Political Discussions
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 08-03-2014, 04:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •