Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarcasm kills, pizzagate

1. Top | #1
    Archived
    Total Posts

Sarcasm kills, pizzagate

So a bunch of jokers on 4chan and Reddit are spinning a laughable conspiracy theory including Hilary Clinton and some pedophile sex ring operating out of a pizzeria. I guess we have to outlaw humor now as some members of our community can't handle sarcasm.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38205885

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...24&sh=77374009

2. Top | #2
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Considering the reddit link: Wow, people are fucking stupid!

3. Top | #3
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts
    The oriental curse ... may you live in interesting times.

4. Top | #4
    Archived
    Total Posts
    And these are likely the same people who ignored that Trump had an actual court case against him for sex with a 13 year old.

5. Top | #5
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    And these are likely the same people who ignored that Trump had an actual court case against him for sex with a 13 year old.
    hmm... he was acquitted. It's not cool keeping suspicions alive against people after they've shown their innocence in court. I also think Trump is a dick and deserves to burn. But if we hate him for stuff he didn't do, we'll just come across as idiots.

6. Top | #6
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg View Post
    hmm... he was acquitted. It's not cool keeping suspicions alive against people after they've shown their innocence in court. I also think Trump is a dick and deserves to burn. But if we hate him for stuff he didn't do, we'll just come across as idiots.
    I would agree, but in this case he was not acquitted as far as I know. The last I heard is the woman dropped the case because of death threats. Where did you see he was acquitted?

7. Top | #7
    Veteran Member
    Archived
    Total Posts

I would agree, but in this case he was not acquitted as far as I know. The last I heard is the woman dropped the case because of death threats. Where did you see he was acquitted?
    Even if he was acquitted, that doesn't mean he has shown his innocence. It just means they found a reasonable doubt about his guilt. It could still be more likely than not that he did it.

In contrast, Hillary's case is one of internet trolls, without anybody laying charges and with some already admitting they are trolling. So I'd say if we're going to discuss Hillary's case, bringing up Trump's is reasonable.

8. Top | #8
    Archived
    Total Posts

Last you heard? A rumour is a rumour.

9. Top | #9
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly_Penguin View Post
    Even if he was acquitted, that doesn't mean he has shown his innocence. It just means they found a reasonable doubt about his guilt. It could still be more likely than not that he did it.
    wtf. No, it means we don't have a reason to keep suspecting him. If we still do, what's the point with the judicial system?

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly_Penguin View Post
    In contrast, Hillary's case is one of internet trolls, without anybody laying charges and with some already admitting they are trolling. So I'd say if we're going to discuss Hillary's case, bringing up Trump's is reasonable

How's that a justification for anything?

10. Top | #10
    Archived
    Total Posts
    Last you heard? A rumour is a rumour.
    When I said 'last I heard', I'm not referring to hearing it from someone who heard it from someone who saw it online. I'm referring to seeing articles on it, such as at Politico , and Daily Mail, The Guardian, NY Daily News, etc.

Now, can you show where you got the impression that he was acquitted?